Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Nothing wrong with hunting. I personally only like eating what I kill, but hunting is the oldest sport in history. Guess the opposite take would be, damn you pussies wit the capachino and man buns wouldn't understand cause it's out of your safe space. To each his own. If you get out of the city it's a pretty regular sport.
Wrestling with naked men is the oldest sport
Cc: @Spartan

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
i didn't read it so yeah I guess I missed it. Still would't shoot a bear myself, thanks.
Oh I don't disagree. I don't hunt. Kind of have the opinion that I wouldn't kill something to eat it unless me staying alive depended on it. With that said I'm no conservation expert.. but it sounds important.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Oh I don't disagree. I don't hunt. Kind of have the opinion that I wouldn't kill something to eat it unless me staying alive depended on it. With that said I'm no conservation expert.. but it sounds important.
There must be a huge black bear population problem if it's a conservation thing in that big wide open state of Montana. I wonder what @Montucky knows about it.

Are there Bears getting run over by cars on the expressway or what???

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
There must be a huge black bear population problem if it's a conservation thing in that big wide open state of Montana. I wonder what @Montucky knows about it.

There are sooooooo many blacc baers in this country that apparently some of them even moved to ORLANDO to eat Portillos out of @nvanprooyen garbage can.

Lololol like such a furry creature would live in a chithole like Florida (I am talking about the blacc baers, definitely not Nvan ?)

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
There are sooooooo many blacc baers in this country that apparently some of them even moved to ORLANDO to eat Portillos out of @nvanprooyen garbage can.

Lololol like such a furry creature would live in a chithole like Florida (I am talking about the blacc baers, definitely not Nvan ?)
NVAN is NOT a furry!

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

As someone who has driven across Montana several times, no lol

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Damn, that's pretty nice. Too bad they're all trash-eaters and taste like shit. I also am dumbfounded by the picture itself and how mega saturated it is and how the perspective makes it look like its from Inception. The ears look kind of like a grizzly, so good job on the identification.

I would assume since he almost certainly used a guide and is posting about it on social media without any objections from Montana FWP that he had a tag and followed all the rules. I looked it up, $350 for an out-of-state tag is like half what I thought it would be. The success rate on these hunts is pretty low, less than ten percent of tags purchasers successfully "harvest". So good shot by him and good work by the guide, I'm impressed.

As someone who has driven across Montana several times, no lol
Worked for state department of transportation in Montana for three winters and there was one roadkill black bear in my district in that timeframe. Had access to MDOT's records on the computer and was curious how common it was, turns out the answer is very. IIRC about a dozen or so a year reported.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Damn, that's pretty nice. Too bad they're all trash-eaters and taste like shit. I also am dumbfounded by the picture itself and how mega saturated it is and how the perspective makes it look like its from Inception. The ears look kind of like a grizzly, so good job on the identification.

I would assume since he almost certainly used a guide and is posting about it on social media without any objections from Montana FWP that he had a tag and followed all the rules. I looked it up, $350 for an out-of-state tag is like half what I thought it would be. The success rate on these hunts is pretty low, less than ten percent of tags purchasers successfully "harvest". So good shot by him and good work by the guide, I'm impressed.

Worked for state department of transportation in Montana for three winters and there was one roadkill black bear in my district in that timeframe. Had access to MDOT's records on the computer and was curious how common it was, turns out the answer is very. IIRC about a dozen or so a year reported.
@Chief Walking Stick

alswank87

Liked Posts:
I didn’t realize there were a bunch of vegetarians and vegans on this board. Animals gotta die for you to eat, no matter what it is. Why should we let a bear be the top of the food chain?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I'm okay with hunting things like deer, wild pigs and stuff. I would never kill a bear or some other majestic animal where hunting has zero conservation purpose and I'm not inna da woods as a means of living. And bear meat is disgusting.
"Majestic" black bears. They are like giant raccoons, more of a pest than anything.

This is the guy who said he wanted to buy a ranch in Montana one day. If you don't want to keep having to settle with Merrillville you might need to develop a little bit of a stomach for this sort of thing.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
"Majestic" black bears. They are like giant raccoons, more of a pest than anything.

This is the guy who said he wanted to buy a ranch in Montana one day. If you don't want to keep having to settle with Merrillville you might need to develop a little bit of a stomach for this sort of thing.
K

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
I didn’t realize there were a bunch of vegetarians and vegans on this board. Animals gotta die for you to eat, no matter what it is. Why should we let a bear be the top of the food chain?

There's a difference between hunting to eat and hunting for 'sport'. Hunting to eat, zero problems with. Hunting an animal for 'sport' is disgusting.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Nothing wrong with hunting. I personally only like eating what I kill, but hunting is the oldest sport in history. Guess the opposite take would be, damn you pussies wit the capachino and man buns wouldn't understand cause it's out of your safe space. To each his own. If you get out of the city it's a pretty regular sport.

Hunting for food is fine.

Hunting to stick an animal’s head on your wall is dumb.

Hunting hogs is doing the Lord’s work.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I’m sure that beautiful cinnamon bear didn’t just go into the Taco Bell deluxe cravings box I just ate alone in a parking lot at 5PM on a Wed but thanks!

Cc: @Hawkeye. @Chief Walking Stick

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

I wouldn’t call around a dozen or so a year in a state as big as Montana to be “very common”

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I wouldn’t call around a dozen or so a year in a state as big as Montana to be “very common”
That's one bear/month. That's a lot more than how many we have here in CHESTERTON. Makes me feel physically ill just thinking about these majestic creatures oversized possums getting blindsided by a Freightliner in the middle of the night once every 30 days. THINK I"M GOING TO PUKE