Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Chicago Bears' Jay Cutler -- Playbook change might ease pressure - ESPN Chicago

Cutler revealed the team's protection issues are taking a toll, psychologically, adding he's jokingly asked Martz to make changes to the offense, with more plays designed to get rid of the ball faster.

"I said I'm hoping ... I'd like to see that happen," Cutler said. "At a certain point you're gonna have to evaluate what you can do in the passing game and what you can't do. That's not up to me, though. I don't really want to be under pressure a lot. Physically, [the pressure is] not that big of a deal. Mentally, it just speeds up my clock. It just makes me uneasy in the pocket. Psychologically and mentally [it's more an issue] than anything [else]. I just don't want to take a sack, just [want to] try to get rid of the ball as fast as possible."

Mike Martz responds:

Martz, via Jeff Dickerson of ESPNChicago.com: "He's right. We're working on it. He's absolutely right. We've talked about it as a staff and we've addressed this issue. Until we get stabilized a little bit on the offensive line ... The same thing happened to us last year, if you remember. Once we got stabilized there ... In an ideal world, you'd like to have all those guys play just like you had in the opener, and things went well, but that's not the case. So we've got to make sure that we're giving him a chance with some of those quicker throws and things. There's no question about that."

Last edited:

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Martz should have made changes to the playbook a long time ago

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
We shouldve never hired Angelo either, we might have an OL right now :troll:

Pre

Liked Posts:
You'd think that a man with a reputation for being an offensive genius would figure out by now that a short passing game might work better to counteract pressure than throwing fifty-yard bombs every down.

Just a thought.

CubbyBear2290

Graham Dougie=UNBEATABLE!
Liked Posts:
You'd think that a man with a reputation for being an offensive genius would figure out by now that a short passing game might work better to counteract pressure than throwing fifty-yard bombs every down.

Just a thought.

:martz:

what iz u talkn bout? Bums and Boms win foozball games!

MSOADE54

I ****ing love this chick
Donator
Liked Posts:
:martz: Jay Cutler is doing fine and Omiyale is our Orlando Pace... bitch

RPrevidi

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
:martz: Jay Cutler is doing fine and Omiyale is our Orlando Pace... bitch

Actually he is our Orlando Pace... just the Orlando Pace when we picked him up... another fucking genius move we made...

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mike Martz responds:

Martz, via Jeff Dickerson of ESPNChicago.com: "He's right. We're working on it. He's absolutely right. We've talked about it as a staff and we've addressed this issue. Until we get stabilized a little bit on the offensive line ... The same thing happened to us last year, if you remember. Once we got stabilized there ... In an ideal world, you'd like to have all those guys play just like you had in the opener, and things went well, but that's not the case. So we've got to make sure that we're giving him a chance with some of those quicker throws and things. There's no question about that."

HeavyD

Liked Posts:
Quick short passes don't work when our receivers can't run a route to save their lives.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Quick short passes don't work when our receivers can't run a route to save their lives.

it worked for us last season.

and it's better than having them run long ass routes that they don't even get to finish because Cutler is too busy going down.