Jaylon Johnson fined for being 1 min late

BPo001

Liked Posts:
Chicago Bears second-year cornerback Jaylon Johnson was fined $2,745.00 by the team for being late to practice on October 19. Johnson let the public know this when he shared an image of the letter notifying him of his fine on his Instagram page.

The letter, which was written and signed by Bears head coach Matt Nagy that same day, also warned Johnson more fines would be coming if he was late again. “Please note that repeated violations of the same offense may result in escalated fine amounts, or discipline for Conduct Detrimental to the Club which may include the maximum fine amounts and/or suspension without pay as set forth in the Club Discipline Schedule,” the letter read.

Clearly, Johnson wasn’t happy about it. “This shii crazy, bro,” Jackson wrote, implying he was just a minute late to practice. “Walked in as it turned 8:16 and they tax me like this.”

Nelly

Liked Posts:
What did Bill Parcells say? On time is 15 minutes late? Something like that.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
It’s nice that Eddie Jackson is coming to his defense

BPo001

Liked Posts:
Bears head coach Matt Nagy claimed that he was unaware of the fine, and that he would talk to Jaylon Johnson about it later in the day.

Well, that’s news to me,” Nagy said via The Athletic’s Adam Jahns. “But at the same point in time, I’ll be able to talk to him and see what that’s all about. But Jaylon’s been doing great. Again, for what it is and where we’re at, I’ll be able to discuss it with him.”

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Bears head coach Matt Nagy claimed that he was unaware of the fine, and that he would talk to Jaylon Johnson about it later in the day.

Well, that’s news to me,” Nagy said via The Athletic’s Adam Jahns. “But at the same point in time, I’ll be able to talk to him and see what that’s all about. But Jaylon’s been doing great. Again, for what it is and where we’re at, I’ll be able to discuss it with him.”
He wasn't unaware of the fine. He was unaware Johnson posted it to social media like a dumbass

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
$2,000 for an NFL player is like 20 cents to the rest of us normies

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Ima start a thread on this subject

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
$2,000 for an NFL player is like 20 cents to the rest of us normies
Also walking in the door at 8:16 is different than being ready for meetings/practice by 8:16. I know if I need to be to work by 7 am and I am walking in the door then, it is still going to take me probably at least another 5 minutes to get where I need to be.

It also doesn't matter. If they are suppose to be there at 8:15, then he was late. I'm sure they'd been warned about late fines.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
He was late on that Adams catch over the middle... That should have been fined!

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Also walking in the door at 8:16 is different than being ready for meetings/practice by 8:16. I know if I need to be to work by 7 am and I am walking in the door then, it is still going to take me probably at least another 5 minutes to get where I need to be.

It also doesn't matter. If they are suppose to be there at 8:15, then he was late. I'm sure they'd been warned about late fines.

Yeah I don't think it's that difficult to not be late.

When I was young someone told me "The best way to not be late is to be 5 minutes early." That always stuck with me. I always try to be 10 minutes early.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Late to work once, verbal warning. Late to work twice, written up. Late to work 3 times you’re fired. Can’t fire JJ, so he gets fined. Not that big of a deal. Telling the world how unfairly he’s being treated is pretty fucking childish and a stinks of a victim mentality.

Soterod

Liked Posts:
What did Bill Parcells say? On time is 15 minutes late? Something like that.
If your not early you are late ! I believe parcels and coughlin set clocks ahead 15 minutes.
this mother fucker is complaining because he is asked to do his job ! If others are waiting on so they can do there jobs the work doesn’t get done . Do what you are asked and are paid to ! Stop bitching the team sucks no pity.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Boo hoo. Getting paid more than most people who ever lived playing a sport … show up on time. 2k is nothing for him it’s a joke. My old job I would have been considered late if I didn’t show up 30 mins early and would have run into problems if I didn’t …amazingly, I showed up 30 mins early every fucking day. These athletes are sure pampered and out of touch

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
I obviously don't know for sure here but my experience is that people that say they were 1 minute late generally were way more than 1 minute late.