Jaylon Johnson on the Jim Rome show

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
I really had no idea Jim Rome was still a thing. The last time I heard him was over 20 years ago. Literally.
That being said, is a good interview and gives more insight than the articles i am paying for.

Rome aside I think we all should be excited about Johnson. He plays physical but is not the fastest. There were a few plays last year where I thought he was lucky he didnt get beat deep - that being said he has great ball awareness and broke up a ton of passes. Similar to Tillman he was able to use physicalness to reroute WR at the line to help any lack of speed get exploited. It's very hard for CB to play physical these days and Johnson seems to have the right balance.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Rome is a major AO imo. I would never listen to him.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What are the odds that JJ stays healthy for all 17 games this year??

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Rome is as punch worthy as he was in the past
Really? This was about as laid back an interview as I’ve heard in a while. He’s come a long way since the “Chris Everett” days if this is his current style.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Jaylon Johnson isn't slow and it wasn't his speed that quote on quote made it seem like he was lucky he wasn't beat deep it was mental for him. Ps that's also the safeties job to cover the deep field.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
JJ on rome? That’s one ill have to watch once. Check that. Two times. Check that, three times.

do they talk about his bum shoulder? Check that, two bum shoulders now.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I really had no idea Jim Rome was still a thing. The last time I heard him was over 20 years ago. Literally.
That being said, is a good interview and gives more insight than the articles i am paying for.

Rome aside I think we all should be excited about Johnson. He plays physical but is not the fastest. There were a few plays last year where I thought he was lucky he didnt get beat deep - that being said he has great ball awareness and broke up a ton of passes. Similar to Tillman he was able to use physicalness to reroute WR at the line to help any lack of speed get exploited. It's very hard for CB to play physical these days and Johnson seems to have the right balance.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This was a good interview. JJ impressed me a lot as a rookie, but I've never really heard him interviewed before. Sounds like he has a GREAT head on his shoulders. Love the mentality.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
He and Mooney are very similar. Quietly confident, smart and frugal with their monies.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
He's probably the best interviewer in national sports talk radio right now. And he interviews lots of under-the-radar people, like Jaylon, giving them some national exposure.

Jaylon has the mental make up and smarts, just a question of health for him imo.

napo55

Liked Posts:
you should listen… It’s a really good informative interview.
Have you watched the Jim Everett interview? The interview was totally unprofessional and was an attempt by Rome to attract attention. Although the JJ interview may be good, I don't want to watch the jerk.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Does Rome always come off as such a kiss ass these days?

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Does Rome always come off as such a kiss ass these days?
He's been that way since he joined CBS Sports. He still brings the funny from time to time, but the Clone calls and emails carry the Jungle on a lot of episodes.