flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
Does Jaylon Johnson start week 1 . I read somewhere he is behind because he's still heeling from offseason surgery, opinions, thoughts welcome. If he doesn't start who does?

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
According to Ourlads, here's the depth chart.

RCB:
Burns, Artie
Johnson, Jaylon
Toliver, Kevin
Joseph, Michael
Crawford, Xavier

LCB:
Fuller, Kyle
SKRINE, BUSTER
Shelley, Duke
Denmark, Stephen
MCMANIS, SHERRICK T/Hou
Vildor, Kindle 20/5

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Artie Burns will be cut after the 1st game.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
This is a very interesting position to watch due to the lack of preseason games and would have definitely been one of the position battles fans would have closely watched. Unlike some, I wasn't enamored with Jaylon Johnson's college tape. He seemed a bit stiff and played off the ball more than I would have liked. Still though, considering we have a great pass rush, he could succeed very similar to how Kyle Fuller has in our system. I like him to eventually start, but Tolliver may be given the nod at first.

My darkhorse candidate was Tre Roberson, but now that he is gone I'm cheering for Stephen Denmark. The dude had some really nice highlights and I think he would have balled out in the pre-season if given the chance. But due to him being on IR last year, a late round draft pick, and no pre-season, he is likely going to be stashed on PS where it is unlikely he will get plucked off.

flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
I liked the pick but he is behind with no preseason games and still heeling. I think Tolliver will start a few games. Not very likely teams wil be going after anyone elses PS players this year but would have loved to have seen Denmark to see if he just a freak athlete, or a baller. The Detriot game concerns me if Tolliver is gaurding Galloway but it is what it is, the offenses that have been together awhile will have an advantage over those first few weeks IMHO

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
"Heeling?" What, is he a dog, a cobbler?

Last edited:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Does Jaylon Johnson start week 1 . I read somewhere he is behind because he's still heeling from offseason surgery, opinions, thoughts welcome. If he doesn't start who does?

Sounds like from what Pagano says going into camp that K.Toliver is the first man and the guy who J.Johnson or anyone else will have to take the job from.

The shutdown is a concern that all Chicago Bear fans should have, but at least every NFL team is equally going through this same process. Jaylon Johnson will have to battle his tail off to show that he deserves to be in the starting lineup. Pagano mentioned how the team is deep at cornerback in his eyes. He listed Kevin Toliver II first, which tells me that he has the first chance up at the position opposite of Kyle Fuller.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Sounds like from what Pagano says going into camp that K.Toliver is the first man and the guy who J.Johnson or anyone else will have to take the job from.

The shutdown is a concern that all Chicago Bear fans should have, but at least every NFL team is equally going through this same process. Jaylon Johnson will have to battle his tail off to show that he deserves to be in the starting lineup. Pagano mentioned how the team is deep at cornerback in his eyes. He listed Kevin Toliver II first, which tells me that he has the first chance up at the position opposite of Kyle Fuller.

Tolliver is great for 10 yards and 3 seconds. After that is where he struggles. They attack his agility breaking off of him with double moves and routes that put his athleticism to the test. Yes he's long but does he use it to his full potential. The answer is no. If he could he'd be a peanut tillman or richard sherman and he isnt that.

He has the tools but....... type player

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I liked the pick but he is behind with no preseason games and still heeling. I think Tolliver will start a few games. Not very likely teams wil be going after anyone elses PS players this year but would have loved to have seen Denmark to see if he just a freak athlete, or a baller. The Detriot game concerns me if Tolliver is gaurding Galloway but it is what it is, the offenses that have been together awhile will have an advantage over those first few weeks IMHO

I assume you mean Golladay