Jaylon Johnson

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought it was a good game to build on for him. Looked very solid overall with a missed tackle and a few moments where he might have been feeling the weight of the game. But he proved that he can be a solid starter for us. That's fantastic.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I was bitching when we didn't pick johnson with our first 2nd rounder. This guy is gonna be the real deal for a long time for us. Get used to that coverage baby!

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I thought it was a good game to build on for him. Looked very solid overall with a missed tackle and a few moments where he might have been feeling the weight of the game. But he proved that he can be a solid starter for us. That's fantastic.

missed tackle?! He just got blown up. His coverage is really solid though.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
He looked great I thought the most impressive thing I saw was how he recognized the TE cutting into his zone after running man with the wr preventing a TD while trevathan and skrine being complete shit like I knew they were. Imagine having 3 defenders letting a RB blow by all 3 of you and the rb smashing his elbow into his knee and dropping the game winning td. Do you want to guess which 3 defenders were in the area ?!?

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
He looked great I thought the most impressive thing I saw was how he recognized the TE cutting into his zone after running man with the wr preventing a TD while trevathan and skrine being complete shit like I knew they were. Imagine having 3 defenders letting a RB blow by all 3 of you and the rb smashing his elbow into his knee and dropping the game winning td. Do you want to guess which 3 defenders were in the area ?!?

Danny T played awful In coverage.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Obviously there are some rookie mistakes. But good game from him. There were some plays where he was playing his guy so close and the receiver still caught the ball. There is nothing you can do about that. That’s just great ball placement. But he was in great position in case it was a bad throw.

GoBears

Liked Posts:
Reminded me when another 33 defended (and beat) Randy Moss in the endzone when the Bears played that season down in Champaign.

Reactions: DC

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Arguably the best defender on the field today. Tight coverage and came up with some big plays to prevent TDs early and late in the game.

Future looks bright for 33.
He has the potential to be the best corner in the league once he gets some experience under his belt.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He got trucked but other than that solid game

Oh shit that's right, M.Jones trucked him. I forgot about that.

B.Nichols also had a couple of big plays in the late 4th quarter.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
He was blasted a few times in support but his coverage was sticky as hell. It was a real nice debut.