Jaylon johnson

Davide

Liked Posts:
Yes, JJ is so bad that opponents threw always in the other side.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Could've had treyvon Diggs who makes impact plays. Pace blew it again. Mooneys drops are starting to add up too

Did I miss this running joke? Dude went over 80 targets last year before he even recorded his first drop in the NFL.

He had a drop rate of 3.1% last year. 3.6% so far this year.

Tyler Lockett drop rate last year (2020) = 5.3%
CeeDee Lamb drop rate last year (2020) = 8.1%
Lamb's drop rate this year so far is 3.9%

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did I miss this running joke? Dude went over 80 targets last year before he even recorded his first drop in the NFL.

He has had a case of cement hands this year

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
This thread makes no sense, lol. If you watch Diggs play you’ll see how often he gets burned, often times for 50+ yard chunk plays. Somebody already pointed out their PFF grade and the eye test supports it. He’s also primarily a nickel corner and doesn’t have the same positional value as someone on the outside.

JJ is good enough to contain a #1 receiver, travel with him all game long, and hold him to a pedestrian game (see Adams, Devonta). Diggs let a rookie drop 200 yards on him. Lol

People need to stop regurgitating the ESPN story lines and actually watch the games. JJ and Smith are the future of this defense and they have played like it all year.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He has had a case of cement hands this year

idk about cement hands... but he has had more contested catch opportunities (not his forte) because he's been the defacto #1 receiver all year. I do agree that he needs to attack the ball more when he goes up for a contested catch, but the guy has had 3 drops so far this year while increasing his average receiving distance by 5 yards and already doubling the number of his 20+ yard receptions from last year.

There's about 49 other players on this roster that folks should pick a bone with before they get to Mooney.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
idk about cement hands... but he has had more contested catch opportunities (not his forte) because he's been the defacto #1 receiver all year. I do agree that he needs to attack the ball more when he goes up for a contested catch, but the guy has had 3 drops so far this year while increasing his average receiving distance by 5 yards and already doubling the number of his 20+ yard receptions from last year.

There's about 49 other players on this roster that folks should pick a bone with before they get to Mooney.
This. He's stretching for balls others wouldn't get to and when the ball gets swatted out of his grasp because he waited for it, guys still call it a drop. He could have been on the other side of a couple contested catches this year but it's way overstated.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
This thread makes no sense, lol. If you watch Diggs play you’ll see how often he gets burned, often times for 50+ yard chunk plays. Somebody already pointed out their PFF grade and the eye test supports it. He’s also primarily a nickel corner and doesn’t have the same positional value as someone on the outside.

JJ is good enough to contain a #1 receiver, travel with him all game long, and hold him to a pedestrian game (see Adams, Devonta). Diggs let a rookie drop 200 yards on him. Lol

People need to stop regurgitating the ESPN story lines and actually watch the games. JJ and Smith are the future of this defense and they have played like it all year.
JJ has been pretty good, but his game against adams wasn't really impressive. He's been burned a few times over his first couple years and had the qbs miss the open receivers. I like JJ and think he is a piece of the future but he isn't a shut down corner. I'd prefer if they can find a shutdown at cb1 and have him as cb2.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

Yeah, I don't have a problem with Mooney he is one of my favorite players. I am being real, he wants to be treated as a #1 and get that #1 money eventually, then when a ball hits his hands he needs to catch it. There have been a number of times this year, where uncontested balls hit his hands and he is not coming down with them.

If his ceiling is 900 yards and 4-5 TDs, I am OK with that for a 5th round pick. People labeling him as a #1 are out of their minds. 16 targets and 5 receptions is unacceptable. Not convinced it's NOT coaching (shocker) because I think Mike Fury sucks, he hasn't developed anyone.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Effective this year, any ball within 10 yards of a receiver not caught is considered a dropped pass on CCS.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I don't have a problem with Mooney he is one of my favorite players. I am being real, he wants to be treated as a #1 and get that #1 money eventually, then when a ball hits his hands he needs to catch it. There have been a number of times this year, where uncontested balls hit his hands and he is not coming down with them.

If his ceiling is 900 yards and 4-5 TDs, I am OK with that for a 5th round pick. People labeling him as a #1 are out of their minds. 16 targets and 5 receptions is unacceptable. Not convinced it's NOT coaching (shocker) because I think Mike Fury sucks, he hasn't developed anyone.

The Number of times this year is literally 3 though. He has dropped 3 balls that were deemed "catchable" by NFL statisticians.

He may never be a #1 WR in the league, but he can easily be a 100 catch, 1200yd #2 WR in a real offense.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
JJ has been pretty good, but his game against adams wasn't really impressive. He's been burned a few times over his first couple years and had the qbs miss the open receivers. I like JJ and think he is a piece of the future but he isn't a shut down corner. I'd prefer if they can find a shutdown at cb1 and have him as cb2.

How wasn’t that game impressive? Adams had 4 catches 89 yards and 50 of that came on a broken play in the middle of the field which was more on Vildor and the safeties than JJ. Should have been a 9 yard gain. Adams is the best receiver in the game and he essentially contained him on the outside with no help. He was a non factor in that game relative to his usual standard - the bears didn’t even double him, JJ traveled with him all game.

I disagree he’s not a #1 corner, or that he can’t get there very soon. He’s 22, has made insane strides, and doesn’t have anybody else in the secondary to take pressure off of him.

Let him focus on one side and he’s a stud. He’s one of the very few players on this team that we should all be very very excited about.

Also disclaimer: I am a huge fan of him lol. He’ll never make the plays a guy like Patrick Surtain does but he could very well end up as a more polite Josh Norman type

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
How wasn’t that game impressive? Adams had 4 catches 89 yards and 50 of that came on a broken play in the middle of the field which was more on Vildor and the safeties than JJ. Should have been a 9 yard gain. Adams is the best receiver in the game and he essentially contained him on the outside with no help. He was a non factor in that game relative to his usual standard - the bears didn’t even double him, JJ traveled with him all game.

I disagree he’s not a #1 corner, or that he can’t get there very soon. He’s 22, has made insane strides, and doesn’t have anybody else in the secondary to take pressure off of him.

Let him focus on one side and he’s a stud. He’s one of the very few players on this team that we should all be very very excited about.

Also disclaimer: I am a huge fan of him lol. He’ll never make the plays a guy like Patrick Surtain does but he could very well end up as a more polite Josh Norman type
I personally think the rest of the secondary being awful benefits him, because why would you target him with vildor/shelley/burns on the field

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
I personally think the rest of the secondary being awful benefits him, because why would you target him with vildor/shelley/burns on the field

True, but that also limits the amount of plays he can make relative to his talent, if nothing is coming his way

For example, if he’s only targeted twice all game but the guy makes both catches for 15 yards, on the surface it looks like he has a high passer rating against with no major game changing plays. When in reality QBs just want no part of him (granted Vildor is awful and a part reason for this, just using an example that stats can be deceiving)