Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Do we trade AntMil for a 4th or move up in 2 or 3? Does anyone want him? Seems the Bear put him out there weeks ago and crickets.

Last edited:

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Unless an elite corner slips, I am going to think Pace feels he can find an underrated corner later in the draft, and saves #20 for a different position.

Also, while Farley has elite ability, he has a history of 2 major injuries. I thinks that is too much of a gamble.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Unless an elite corner slips, I am going to think Pace feels he can find an underrated corner later in the draft, and saves #20 for a different position.

Also, while Farley has elite ability, he has a history of 2 major injuries. I thinks that is too much of a gamble.

I completely agree. If you check my mock, you'll see that I have him falling to us in the 2nd because of the back surgery and other medical red flags.

I personally don't want a CB in the first, at all, but I think Farley is a talent that you gamble on, but I'd rather not use our 1st rounder to do so.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Those are more a byproduct of who's available at the time when the market is thin imo. I wouldn't put much stock into it. Taking flyers on lower graded players that are forced to start due to injuries is part of it. They come with limitations.

RG3 was limited. That doesn't apply across the board to all physical gifted passers. Anywho, I'd bet bet against it. And if I were in need of a QB and that was their pick as a team behind them in need of a QB I would be doing backflips.

I think the pick is Fields at #3, but Shanahan drafting Jones wouldn’t shock me at all.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Darrisaw and Farley on the board and we go with Newsome?

#convictionandcollaboration

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
I really hope they go OT in the first assuming they don't make a move for a QB. That being said I think PACE feels that he HAS to go CB early.
Johnson hurt his shoulder again last year after 2 different shoulder surgeries in college. Can we really count on him?

KingInTheNorth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Daniel Jeremiah is one of the most well informed draft insiders out there. He has NFL connections, so he usually has somewhat of a good idea on how teams view the prospects in the time being:

Daniel Jeremiah 2021 NFL mock draft 3.0: 49ers go all in on Mac Jones

We've witnessed the first few waves of free agency and a month of pro days since I last unveiled a forecast for Round 1 of the 2021 NFL Draft. In other words, a lot has changed. Below is my third mock draft of the first round.

Quick reminder: This mock is a projection of where I believe players will go, not necessarily a reflection of my opinion as to where the players should go.

1. Jacksonville Jaguars
Trevor Lawrence
Clemson · QB

Nothing changes at the top. The Jaguars have done their homework on all of the top quarterback prospects, but all signs point to Lawrence going to Jacksonville.

2. New York Jets
Zach Wilson
BYU · QB

Unless something unexpected pops up during Wilson's NFL Scouting Combine physical, I'll be shocked if he isn't the No. 2 overall pick.

3. San Francisco 49ers
Mac Jones
Alabama · QB

I'm not surprised San Francisco traded up to No. 3. I am surprised that everything you hear points toward Jones being the Niners' pick at No. 3.

4. Atlanta Falcons
Trey Lance
North Dakota State · QB

If Atlanta stays at No. 4, I can't see the franchise passing on soon-to-be 36-year-old Matt Ryan's eventual successor.

5. Cincinnati Bengals
Kyle Pitts
Florida · TE

The Bengals still have holes on the offensive line, but this is a deep draft in the trenches, which allows them to take the best player available with the fifth pick before adding O-line help in Round 2.

6. Miami Dolphins
Ja'Marr Chase
LSU · WR

Miami moved back up after trading down to No. 12, wisely figuring they would be able to land either Pitts or Chase with the sixth pick.

7. Detroit Lions
Justin Fields
Ohio State · QB

This could be a trade spot, with some teams picking after Detroit potentially in the market for a quarterback, but I wouldn't rule out the Lions staying put and taking a signal-caller themselves. Fields has more upside than Jared Goff.

8. Carolina Panthers
Rashawn Slater
Northwestern · OT

I could see this coming down to a decision between drafting a cornerback or offensive lineman. The Panthers go with the latter in this scenario.

9. Denver Broncos
Penei Sewell
Oregon · OT

LT Garett Bolles played really well last season, and now you add a bookend on the right side in Sewell.

10. Dallas Cowboys
Kwity Paye
Michigan · Edge

Paye is the most explosive pass rusher in the draft. He would team up with DeMarcus Lawrence to give the Cowboys a big-time duo off the edges.

11. New York Giants
DeVonta Smith
Alabama · WR

Even after the Giants' signing of Kenny Golladay, I still get the sense Big Blue wants more weapons. Smith is the best route runner in the draft.

12. Philadelphia Eagles
Patrick Surtain II
Alabama · CB

This would be a dream scenario for the Eagles. After trading down to No. 12, they still land the top cornerback in the draft.

13. Los Angeles Chargers
Jaycee Horn
South Carolina · CB

The Chargers have a hole at left tackle, but similar to the Bengals' approach in this mock, they could fill their cornerback need here and pick a tackle in the second round.

14. Minnesota Vikings
Jaelan Phillips
Miami · Edge

Phillips is the most talented edge rusher in the draft. If not for some durability concerns, he would go higher than this pick.

15. New England Patriots
Micah Parsons
Penn State · LB

The Patriots have been bold this offseason, so I won't be shocked if they decide to trade up for a quarterback. If they stay put, Parsons has the versatility to fit in New England.

16. Arizona Cardinals
Jaylen Waddle
Alabama · WR

This is a big-time steal if Waddle falls this far down the board, but we've seen some talented receivers slip a bit in recent drafts. He would be electric in Arizona's offense.

17. Las Vegas Raiders
Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah
Notre Dame · LB

New defensive coordinator Gus Bradley requires a lot of speed, athleticism and coverability from his linebackers. Owusu-Koramoah gives you plenty of each. With Las Vegas signing Yannick Ngakoue to pair up with Maxx Crosby, I'm not as concerned about the Raiders' edge-rush woes as I was before free agency.

18. Miami Dolphins
Gregory Rousseau
Miami · Edge

Rousseau had some stiffness in his pro day workout, which concerned some teams. That said, look at his combination of size, length and production. Plus, his impressive 10-yard split time (1.57 seconds) will carry a lot of weight in evaluations.

19. Washington Football Team
Alijah Vera-Tucker
USC · OL

I liked that Washington kept guard Brandon Scherff (franchise tag), but the Football Team still needs to upgrade the offensive line. Vera-Tucker has the versatility to play tackle or guard.

20. Chicago Bears
Greg Newsome II
Northwestern · CB

Newsome is a plug-and-play guy who can replace Kyle Fuller. The Bears could also go with an offensive tackle here.

21. Indianapolis Colts
Christian Darrisaw
Virginia Tech · OT

Indianapolis has a hole at left tackle in the wake of Anthony Castonzo's retirement. Darrisaw can slide right in and be a starter at the position.

22. Tennessee Titans
Caleb Farley
Virginia Tech · CB

I view Farley as one of the top five players in the draft, but he's likely to slide a bit after undergoing a back procedure that kept him from working out at Virginia Tech's pro day. The Titans were rewarded for stopping Jeffery Simmons' slide a couple years ago, and things could play out similarly in this scenario.

23. New York Jets
Azeez Ojulari
Georgia · Edge

Ojulari would be a good fit opposite Carl Lawson off the edge in Robert Saleh's defense.

24. Pittsburgh Steelers
Teven Jenkins
Oklahoma State · OT

The Steelers would have their choice of the top running backs here, but I think upgrading the offensive line will be the first order of business.

25. Jacksonville Jaguars
Trevon Moehrig
TCU · S

There are some intriguing options for the Jaguars with this pick, but Moehrig is just too clean a player to pass up.

26. Cleveland Browns
Jamin Davis
Kentucky · LB

I've been president of the Davis fan club for a while now, but to say he destroyed at his pro day would be an understatement. It matches what I saw on tape, and he fills a need for Cleveland.

27. Baltimore Ravens
Jayson Oweh
Penn State · Edge

Oweh has lacked production but has not lacked disruption for the Nittany Lions. He showed his freakish athleticism at Penn State's pro day.

28. New Orleans Saints
Asante Samuel Jr.
Florida State · CB

If the Saints don't make an ultra-aggressive move up the board to grab a sliding quarterback, finding a cornerback who can make plays on the ball would be a priority. Samuel answered any lingering questions about his speed at FSU's pro day.

29. Green Bay Packers
Landon Dickerson
Alabama · C

Dickerson is the best pure interior offensive lineman available. I thought he might fall out of the first round after his ACL injury, but it appears his recovery is going smoothly. He can step in following the departure of Corey Linsley.

30. Buffalo Bills
Joe Tryon
Washington · Edge

I could see Buffalo addressing the linebacker position, but finding another edge rusher to complement Jerry Hughes is a bigger priority.

31. Kansas City Chiefs
Kelvin Joseph
Kentucky · CB

Kansas City has always valued elite traits. Joseph is big, fast and explosive. He's a little bit raw, but he could team up with L'Jarius Sneed to give the Chiefs two young, athletic cornerbacks.

32. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Elijah Moore
Mississippi · WR

This is a luxury pick for the Bucs as they try to run it back with some insurance in case they do not re-sign Antonio Brown. Moore is a dynamic playmaker with a different skill set than Mike Evans and Chris Godwin.
If Darrisaw is there at 20 and we don't pick him, Pace should be fired on the spot.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I think the pick is Fields at #3, but Shanahan drafting Jones wouldn’t shock me at all.

I agree. Everyone is on Jones and no one is talking Fields.
I can't see Fields there at #7 for Detroit.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
They wouldn’t have already traded up to 3 unless they were ok with either QB.

Perspective

Liked Posts:
This draft is deeeeeep at OT and u can get a starting OT in 2nd or 3rd round .... if the Bears can get Farley they should absolutely get him ..... look at how the packers shut every passing game thanks to Jaire Alexander .... stud CBs are a premium in the NFL and we gave up 30+ points to the packers last year ... Vikings have Jefferson and thielen ...

If Farley is the highest graded player they should absolutely get him .... or if Newsome is also highly rated

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I have my doubt about getting starting LTs after the 1st round. It happens but they tend to move to the right or inside. Still highly valued and tend to stack in the 1st like QBs with potential.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I have my doubt about getting starting LTs after the 1st round. It happens but they tend to move to the right or inside. Still highly valued and tend to stack in the 1st like QBs with potential.
I'm interested to see where Walker Little will go. I think he could be a day 1 starter and might be outside the first round.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm interested to see where Walker Little will go. I think he could be a day 1 starter and might be outside the first round.
Guy with injury histories are surely the exception to what I said. Promising prospect.