Jeremiah mock draft 3.0

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Guy with injury histories are surely the exception to what I said. Promising prospect.
He does everything really well. The only thing I'd worry a little about with him is bull rush from stronger pass rushers

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I have my doubt about getting starting LTs after the 1st round. It happens but they tend to move to the right or inside. Still highly valued and tend to stack in the 1st like QBs with potential.

Usually, I think you're right. I think Cosmi is the exception this year due to the fact that he really can only pass block. More and more mocks have him falling out of the first, and I think he's the best pass blocking LT prospect in the draft. He just can't swing tackle, and he isn't a road grader.

Bort

Liked Posts:
I don't expect Fields to still be on the board past #4 (I expect the top 4 to be Lawrence, Wilson, Jones, Fields), but if Fields does fall like he does in this mock, there is going to be a mad scramble to trade up to get him.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Usually, I think you're right. I think Cosmi is the exception this year due to the fact that he really can only pass block. More and more mocks have him falling out of the first, and I think he's the best pass blocking LT prospect in the draft. He just can't swing tackle, and he isn't a road grader.
Sounds like Chris Williams. I haven't looked at the tackles yet but I didn't like CW or Spriggs because if they failed at LT, they'd be useless.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
It seems crazy, but look at Kyle Shanahan’s QB history:

- Mike Shanahan has since admitted that he was opposed to drafting RG3, citing concerns whether he could be effective as a pocket passer. Kyle Shanahan was the offensive coordinator at the time, and it wouldn’t be a stretch to figure he felt the same way. Their guy was Kirk Cousins.

- In Atlanta, Shanahan elevated the statuesque Matt Ryan to an MVP season.

- In his first draft as head coach in 2017, Shanahan drafted CJ Beathard in the 3rd round. Beathard was very physically limited and not even projected to get drafted at all.

- Then Shanahan goes and trades for Jimmy Garoppolo, and makes him the highest paid player in the league after only 5 starts.

- Shanahan also took a very physically limited and undrafted Nick Mullens, and started him in 16 NFL games.

With Shanahan, all signs point to a physically limited pocket passer who can run his offense efficiently.

I'm late as hell to this thread. But all this just says to me......this type of QB isn't good enough. Because for all the success these QBs have had under Shanahan and all of his "genius", he has 0 rings to show for it. I know he is as close as he can possibly get to having 2 rings, but he still has none.

The thing that could get a Shanahan team over the top is a little mobility or at least a threat of mobility. Shanahan has consistently built strong rushing offenses. Adding a QB that can also run probably gets him that extra 1st down to prevent New England from a 28-3 comeback a few years ago. If the QB can also make all the throws and run NFL offense, the ability to use his legs probably puts them over KC a couple years ago. Justin Fields does all that IMO (Lance too, but maybe not right away in 2021). Shanahan has also hinted quite a bit in recent months about maybe a mobile QB would help them get over the top.