Jerry Tillery Just Cut - ND Fans, Any Info. On Him?

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
If you watch his film you can see he gets to high off the ball which lets the OL control him easily, if he doesn't get immediate penetration he is basically useless. He doesn't have the technique or strength to play DT at this level. Been an Irish fan all my life.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If you watch his film you can see he gets to high off the ball which lets the OL control him easily, if he doesn't get immediate penetration he is basically useless. He doesn't have the technique or strength to play DT at this level. Been an Irish fan all my life.
His 2018 season was a thing of beauty

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

Bust

Liked Posts:

maybe he playing the wrong position?

maybe he needs better coaches teaching him fundamentals (eberflus preaches that weekly). btw has anyone noticed how much improved Eddie Jackson tackles in the open field??? That's due to coaching #woah

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
It’s cap neutral to bring him in if he signs for his minimum, right?

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don’t know how much upside he provides but one of our biggest problems is pressure inside. , he could help there at the expense of a rotation of guys who don’t do shit outside of the occasional Jones play, surely couldn’t hurt to claim him.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
It’s cap neutral to bring him in if he signs for his minimum, right?
I believe we pick up his contract if he is claimed off waivers. His base salary this season is $2m

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I don’t know how much upside he provides but one of our biggest problems is pressure inside. , he could help there at the expense of a rotation of guys who don’t do shit outside of the occasional Jones play, surely couldn’t hurt to claim him.
Maybe he can prove worthy as part of the rotation he doesn’t necessarily have to be the Buckner. Maybe he can give us tank Johnson or Henry melton level play

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
Didn't they already take 1 DT the chargers didn't want?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Didn't they already take 1 DT the chargers didn't want?
Good point. Either chargers know exactly what they’re doing or it’s just not right system for them or we so thirsty we need to try anything

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Why not. He might be a better fit in this defense, has some pass rush ability, and the Bears have an obvious lack of talent on the d-line.

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
Got it, I know nothing about the player wonder if he would clear waivers.
The team that claims he will have to pay the remainder of his contract. His salary is slightly over $2M, so the claiming team will be on the hook for a little under $1m. He wasn't a fit with the chargers because they play a two-gap system; I think he is at his best in a single-gap as a three-tech. He may be worth a shot to see if he can generate some much needed inside pressure

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Idk, the Bears need to find some real talent, not guys getting cut that are just a bit better than the junk they already have. IMO
I could see your point if it were just raising the floor, but he might just be the second-best defensive lineman if he were brought in.

Now if the Bears improve the defensive line in 2023, he would then be the basement level player if he is still around, which would still be an improvement over the floor that the Bears currently have.

Worth a look, in my opinion.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
The team that claims he will have to pay the remainder of his contract. His salary is slightly over $2M, so the claiming team will be on the hook for a little under $1m. He wasn't a fit with the chargers because they play a two-gap system; I think he is at his best in a single-gap as a three-tech. He may be worth a shot to see if he can generate some much needed inside pressure
I really haven’t been paying attention to our DL. I’ve been under the assumption they’re playing a 2 high shell with variations of gap responsibility on the DL, kind of like shifting some DL to a 2 or 1 gap depending on the O.

If we are playing a more consistent 1 gap shoot to penetrate and read what you see type of a system, I’m liking what I’m hearing about him hitting a B gap and just shooting.

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
They need to seriously take a look at this guy, next week.