Jerry Tillery Just Cut - ND Fans, Any Info. On Him?

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Chargers waive 2019 first-round pick DT Jerry Tillery

Former 1st round pick (Poles loves those 2nd chance 1st rounders) DT Jerry Tillery was just cut by the Chargers.

Do any Notre Dame fans have any inside information on him?

Should Poles kick the tires on him, seeing that the defensive line is currently the weakest part of the team? Is he even a fit for the Bears defense?

Just a discussion point on a Friday afternoon.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
100% worth a shot, IMO. The Bears are getting nothing from Pennel and Blackson. PFF hasn't been a fan of his in his previous 3 years, but this year he has an average-ish grade in limited duty. 6'6, 295 and a year removed from a 5 sack season. I'm guessing he's not a great run defender, but can't be much worse than what's been out there.

1st round pick, went to ND, would have familiar faces here with the ND players and Justin Jones. Was drafted for the Chargers 4-3 originally, but they moved to 3-4 the last couple years. I always thought he was a better 3-4 fit, but doesn't seem like that helped him develop. I'd 100% kick the tires.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He’s a pass rushing DT that has motivational issues. Can’t stop the run ever

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
its like another leatherwood type of situation...low risk high reward type of situation...tillery has good tools to become a solid player but his technique is raw and needs to be taught up. he has the size and length flus leans towards so unless another team with higher waiver position claims him i can see poles putting in a claim

bears51/40

Liked Posts:

Bust

Liked Posts:
sign any all ND I say!

unranked ND demolishes #5 Clemson = Justin NFC player of the week + Kmet having his best day as a pro + Claypool trade all in the same week!!

. . .It's a sign boyz . . .

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
Idk, the Bears need to find some real talent, not guys getting cut that are just a bit better than the junk they already have. IMO

Bust

Liked Posts:
Idk, the Bears need to find some real talent, not guys getting cut that are just a bit better than the junk they already have. IMO

he was released. cost nothing. nfl rosters need depth

there are also guys who figure it out later with new teams /cough Akiem Hicks

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It’s a rebuild. Even an outside chance of a waiver wire pickup being a Diamond in the rough, makes it worth a shot. If even one ends up being a good role player, let alone a stud, it’s a plus. The Bears aren’t exactly setting the world on fire, at Defensive Line. So they may as well throw spaghetti at the wall, when it is a no risk, all reward, type scenario.

Last edited: