Jesus - Michael Lombardi goes OFF on the Bears and Nagy

greg23

Liked Posts:
Lost me at "feels like he's a play caller not a head coach"

Has he seen him call plays? Its like they're randomly generated or picked by fans in the stands......and who is a "play caller" if their team is continually ranked near the bottom in points and yards?

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Saying the movie sucked was a shot at a person in this thread who met their wife at that movie.

I guess it's none of my business then but uh...why is that shot-worthy?

Unless the wife is a real battle-axe

Soterod

Liked Posts:
So he's saying Pace and Nagy aren't "football people"?
No one in the bears front office are football people ! I don’ believe bears fans need to be told that . Many have stated the obvious. I have no idea of what it’s going to take nor who is going to get it done but I do know who it won’t be !

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Nagy and Pace are football people, they're just football people who don't have a track record for making very good decisions. I guess I'm not understanding what this term, "football people" is supposed to mean.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Nagy and Pace are football people, they're just football people who don't have a track record for making very good decisions. I guess I'm not understanding what this term, "football people" is supposed to mean.
The complete opposite of what you just said. People with a track record to make the correct decisions. A GM who doesn’t put the team in cap hell, hires the right HC and signs the right players. A HC that knows how to be a HC.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
The complete opposite of what you just said. People with a track record to make the correct decisions. A GM who doesn’t put the team in cap hell, hires the right HC and signs the right players. A HC that knows how to be a HC.

Well your definition of a 'football person' is then a person who makes the correct decisions 100% of the time, or at least the majority of the time. You don't need to be a football person to be great at working the cap, for instance. You can be a bean counter and be great at that.

I do think Pace and Nagy are football people by virtue of the fact that they made a career in pro football. They just aren't in the correct positions to be making decisions for his franchise.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Usually when that term is leveraged out, it's pointing at ownership and whoever is in charge of finding the right GM, as well as how the organization runs.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Usually when that term is leveraged out, it's pointing at ownership and whoever is in charge of finding the right GM, as well as how the organization runs.

Right but there's no indication that Ted Phillips is making the key football decisions here, they hired a "football person" to do that. The football person in charge just isn't very good, or hasn't been very lucky with his decisions.

When people ask for a "football person" they're really just saying let's try again with a different football person. Not that we currently don't have a football person at GM or HC.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Right but there's no indication that Ted Phillips is making the key football decisions here, they hired a "football person" to do that. The football person in charge just isn't very good, or hasn't been very lucky with his decisions.

When people ask for a "football person" they're really just saying let's try again with a different football person. Not that we currently don't have a football person at GM or HC.

Maybe he knows something the rest of us only suspect

greg23

Liked Posts:
Not football people

One's a hair model the other is a bald real estate agent.....get your facts straight!

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

Don't tell that to the 94% of posters here who think he's the one making game plans.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Niether have had experience in their current positions, prior to joining the Bears

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Meh, didn't listen to it....didn't have to. Another national media guy thinking he has all the answers....Nagy a play caller? Please. These goofs are all the same....watch a few highlights and be judgemental with only a portion of what we hear and see every day. I stopped listening to sports radio when I realized they were nothing but audio click bait.