Jet lag

PFTCB

Liked Posts:
Stop being a wimp and use your real account.

Honestly man just a long time lurker. I had to make an account just to find out if people actually thought jet lag in a game that is played in the EXACT SAME TIME SLOT AS EVERY OTHER WEEK could possibly be an excuse for losing. Turns out, people are dumb enough to actually believe that is a factor.

If you say yeah it sucks to fly 6 hours for a game, then sure, that sucks. But teams do it every single week and aren't showing up a week early because of it.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I love all the geniuses in the thread trying to compare their personal travel to a professional football organization's level of control over its players. Geniuses - they function as a self-contained organization even when traveling. If they want everyone to maintain their sleep schedule as if they are in the states, they can feed them at appropriate times based on that schedule. It isn't like when you flew out there coach to do the Downton Abbey Experience.

WTF are you talking about? It has nothing to do with their feeding schedules. It has to do with the fact that you aren't going to magically fall asleep at 10 pm if your body thinks it is 5pm. You aren't going to stay asleep at 9am BST if your body thinks it is supposed to be waking up at 9am EST which is 4am BST. Most people can't force themselves to fall asleep and stay asleep on command. Their being professional athletes makes it worse because I don't need to be on a precise routine to perform at a desk job.

PFTCB

Liked Posts:
WTF are you talking about? It has nothing to do with their feeding schedules. It has to do with the fact that you aren't going to magically fall asleep at 10 pm if your body thinks it is 5pm. You aren't going to stay asleep at 9am BST if your body thinks it is supposed to be waking up at 9am EST which is 4am BST. Most people can't force themselves to fall asleep and stay asleep on command. Their being professional athletes makes it worse because I don't need to be on a precise routine to perform at a desk job.

You people can't ACTUALLY be this dumb, can you?

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Pure bluster. And complete nonsense.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

PFTCB

Liked Posts:
What are you talking about? Jet Lag is scientifically proven. The flaw in your assumption above is that they can magically stay on the same sleep schedule.

What is magic about it? You are correct, you wouldn't want to do it for a week(which just proves my point further), but you think it's impossible to stay on the same sleep schedule for 36 hours?

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
The flight from Miami to Seattle is almost 7 hours. Have we accidentally discovered the reason for the downfall of the Dolphins? They should arrive there a week early?
That flight is going west. You gain time not lose it. Math wasn't your strongest subject was it?

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
This thread is killing me. Gruden said it himself from their trip last year, they left on Thursday and he said they were exhausted. THAT'S WHY THEY LEFT ON SUNDAY THIS YEAR! If that's not proof that it's an issue then I don't know what the fuck is.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Honestly man just a long time lurker. I had to make an account just to find out if people actually thought jet lag in a game that is played in the EXACT SAME TIME SLOT AS EVERY OTHER WEEK could possibly be an excuse for losing. Turns out, people are dumb enough to actually believe that is a factor.

If you say yeah it sucks to fly 6 hours for a game, then sure, that sucks. But teams do it every single week and aren't showing up a week early because of it.

SMH. You are being an idiot. The issue of Jet Lag is not one of flight time. It is one of sleep schedule and exposure to light. Seattle and Miami are still only 3 time zones apart so the variance in light exposure between that versus Chicago and London is not the same.

PFTCB

Liked Posts:
SMH. You are being an idiot. The issue of Jet Lag is not one of flight time. It is one of sleep schedule and exposure to light. Seattle and Miami are still only 3 time zones apart so the variance in light exposure between that versus Chicago and London is not the same.

How will we possibly block out the sun in 2019 for a single night

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What is magic about it? You are correct, you wouldn't want to do it for a week(which just proves my point further), but you think it's impossible to stay on the same sleep schedule for 36 hours?

Is it impossible? No. But not everyone's body is going to be able to do it but the issue is also about the amount of light you are getting. Your body produces more hormones to force sleep and to wake you up based on light exposure.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
How will we possibly block out the sun in 2019 for a single night

Don't know. What I do know is it is clear you don't understand the difference between time zones and travel time.

PFTCB

Liked Posts:
Don't know. What I do know is it is clear you don't understand the difference between time zones and travel time.

I actually think that's what half this thread seems to not understand, including you.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The game was played at noon (not 1pm) CST which is 6pm GMT (UK time).

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I actually think that's what half this thread seems to not understand, including you.

View attachment 3319

https://www.jetlagrooster.com/

No you are being an idiot. Traveling from East Coast of the US to West Coast of the USA results in minimal jet lag as the difference in Sun is only 3 hours (time zone). Yet if you put in Chicago to London, it results in more jet lag and the plan to combat it occurs over more days. Hence why the Raiders went early but the Bears stupidly didn't travel until late.

This is basic science and you can go online to any jet lag calculator and you will see that your premise is flawed regarding this happening every week. Has nothing to do with travel time. Difference in time zones means differences in variant light and a 6 time zone difference between Chicago and London has a difference in variant light that causes more issues with jet lag.

Read a book on the subject please.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Anyone questioning the fatigue and other symptoms caused by jet lag has never been to Europe (or anywhere else with a significant time zone difference). Jet lag doesn't impact everyone the exact same way, but I was in London in the Spring of this year and it definitely took me several days to adjust. I'm not putting sole blame on jet lag, but why a professional football team would put their team in a position to play in this condition is difficult to understand.

Last edited:

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Anyone questioning the fatigue and other symptoms caused by jet lag has never been to Europe (or anywhere else with a significant time zone difference). Jet lag doesn't impact everyone the exact same way, but I was in London in the Spring of this year and it definitely took me several days to adjust. I'm not putting sole blame on jet lag, but why a professional football team would their team in a position to play in this condition is difficult to understand.

You first sentence is just more hyperbolic bulls**t.

The flight and time change of course had an impact, but not as significant to be the cause of the butt kicking the Bears lines suffered. I have no problem with the fact Gruden and his team were far more motivated for this game, and had more to prove. They beat the Bears up, and knocked them off their laurels.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
You first sentence is just more hyperbolic bulls**t.

The flight and time change of course had an impact, but not as significant to be the cause of the butt kicking the Bears lines suffered. I have no problem with the fact Gruden and his team were far more motivated for this game, and had more to prove. They beat the Bears up, and knocked them off their laurels.

First, my jet lag was legitimate. I felt fatigued the first two days. So it's not an exaggeration based on my personal experience. And certainly not bullshit or "hyperbolic" as you oddly put it. The fact you call it bullshit makes me believe you have never traveled internationally. If you have, then a significant time zone change clearly impacted you differently. Second, I never said the jet lag was the main or only reason they lost. I only expressed surprise that Nagy would put them in that position.