Jet lag

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Jags and Eagles traveled to London Thursday night and arrived Friday morning. So neither would have had an advantage in that regard.

A bit different than the Raiders coming up well in advance of the Bears. Didnt bother looking at the others as clearly the author didnt seem to take that into account.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Jetlag is just for potheads.

Anyway, you should take no comfort in knowing it wasn't the Raiders that kicked your ass, but rather a completely known time zone difference. It's like saying you didn't fail the test because it was hard, but rather that you didn't study.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Jetlag is just for potheads.

Anyway, you should take no comfort in knowing it wasn't the Raiders that kicked your ass, but rather a completely known time zone difference. It's like saying you didn't fail the test because it was hard, but rather that you didn't study.

Again no one has claimed jet lag was the main reason we lost so this is another strawman.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Last time I flew to London we landed at like 730 am UK time. I stayed up all day and ended up going to Phantom of the Opera and probably fell asleep 50 times during it. That was rough.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Again no one has claimed jet lag was the main reason we lost so this is another strawman.
Who's this 'strawman' you are referencing? Is that the A-hole that made timezones???

Let me guess, he's related to the fall/spring timeshift prick or worse yet, they are the same dude!!!

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Their plan was to sleep on the plane which is quite difficult to do. I’ve been to Europe and Asia many times. I don’t fly coach and jet lag is real. It was a huge tactical mistake not to go to London early. That’s on Nagy.

Even though they were getting their asses kicked all day, they only had to stop the Raiders from scoring a touchdown on a 97 yard drive to ice the game. I don’t care how jet lagged you are, at that point find a way to make a stop!

Nuremberg Bear

Liked Posts:
Plus, they are going back in time, going against the turn of the Earth. Jet Jag is real. I flew from Chicago to Germany non-stop and was ok for about 6 hours, then slept for 12 straight hours, woke up and it's 1 AM and wide awake, then by 7 the next evening I was dog tired again. It takes more than 48 hours to get on the right schedule.

Look the Monday after time changes here in the midwest are heart attack peak days. So just 1 hour for us here is hard, try jumping 6 hours back in time that took you 9 hours to jump there.

Interesting, I went a few times the other way (from Germany to USA). Everytime when I landed in the States I was tired, down and realy fucked. Took about 3-4 days to get in rythmus. Back in Germany, I slept in the plane, get up on the airport and was full in day.

To be honest, to my experiance I didn't expect this as a big problem due the direction of the fly.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Their plan was to sleep on the plane which is quite difficult to do. I’ve been to Europe and Asia many times. I don’t fly coach and jet lag is real. It was a huge tactical mistake not to go to London early. That’s on Nagy.

Even though they were getting their asses kicked all day, they only had to stop the Raiders from scoring a touchdown on a 97 yard drive to ice the game. I don’t care how jet lagged you are, at that point find a way to make a stop!

Yeah maybe not run into the kicker and give up a 4 & 1 afterwards.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
It wasn't jet lag...it was poor play...and Gruden out coached our coaches.

Gruden punked Lovie Smith a few years ago, Lovie had his amazing skinny fast defense and Gruden went no huddle on them and had them gassed after 2 series.....

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This thread delivers exactly what I need. Thank you all.

Can someone please tell me when Schlereth and Stockton got to London? I thought they sounded tired and lazy as well and I wonder if they caught a ride in on AirBears?

Thanks again, and keep up the top notch posting. I am watching from above you all on my podium.
You could see in the pictures I posted in the "why the fuck do we always get Stockton" thread they are both naturally jetlagged, so when actually flying and it being real it's an obvious problem for those two laggards.

Defense Wins

Liked Posts:
Can someone here explain to someone as dumb as me how the team was jet lagged when they played their games at the exact same time as at home, and very likely kept the same sleep/eat schedules as they were only in the UK for 2 days(on the front end)? It's different when you play those stupid ass 6:30am games, I get that, but we didn't. If it's an issue of "acclimation" then why don't we sleep in Denver for a week when playing there?

If you can successfully explain how that jives with the actual definition of jet-lag(changing one's sleep/eating schedule based on local time zone), then everyone must be right.

If you can't, then shut the fuck up about fucking jet lag. Sick of reading that as an excuse, if you want to blame Nagy then blame his play calling or something else, but stop talking about fucking jet lag because you obviously have no fucking idea what the term means.
Damn Matt now we know exactly how you feel...all good bro...get Jordan back...run the ball out of some 3 point stances and let's go

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Dude, I can only suggest you fly to Europe and you will learn how it works and when it kicks in

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
People who don't believe jet lag is real, try flying to Europe, sleeping on an uncomfortable plane, and then play a world-class professional sport against other highly-trained professional athletes out to kill you. Jet lag is not the only reason the Bears lost, but it is a big disadvantage. And in a sport of inches, you need every advantage you can get.

Highly-trained athletes with professional trainers can force themselves to the new routine. But it can't be done in 2 days. You're fighting the physiology of your body's circadian rhythm. You're fighting your brain and every single cell in your body. It is extremely difficult. That's like saying, I will stay awake for an entire week because I am a professional and I can control myself. Most Navy Seals fail during hell week.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Washington Nationals are jet lagged like a mother fucker right now.