Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Travis Bell costs a fraction of that price, Value Buckets wins again!

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
The DT market is crazy right now.

He's a foundational piece for their defense, he'll get paid eventually. Just like Simmons, Lawrence and Payne.

msadows

Liked Posts:
The DT market is crazy right now.

He's a foundational piece for their defense, he'll get paid eventually. Just like Simmons, Lawrence and Payne.

Just like payne tho, Williams really only has one great season this past year trying to get that bag.

If I were the jets I let him play out his 5th year and reward him midseason if he balls out.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So is this the next Bear fan obsession that won’t happen?

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Someone start a '1000 posts for Williams' thread. Those always work.

Washington

Liked Posts:
He'll get paid but closer to $25m-$30m versus the $25-$30 the title eluded to. The Jets have to be in a win it now mode. The choker that is Rodgers will prevent that though.

Liked Posts:
So is this the next Bear fan obsession that won’t happen?
Yep. You know the drill. The Bears cough up way too much draft capital to way overpay for a player they won't be able to build around with draft talent, or have the cap flexibility to build around either.

Ultimately as a team the Bears will get one good season, a quick playoff exit and after that their window shuts like a guillotine.

Reset, restart, rebuild cycle all over again.

You get the gist.

The Bears need to keep their picks this time around and see this rebuild through. I really believe that with another robust draft class in 2024, and another key free agent signing and suddenly this team is in a position to make its move.

Even if they potentially have to draft another QB in 2024, I'd still be optimistic about the roster as a whole moving forward

Bust

Liked Posts:
Breaking news good player wants to get paid

wait til what becomes of this board when Fields rook deal is up. those threads are going to be a fun read!

put it this way . . . if a trash qb like Daniel Jones can command over 40 million per, what is Fields worth? 50+ million?

hmmmmm

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
Imo he was meh before last year.

Would be very Jets to pay him 30m a year to have him go back to meh
He was not meh before last year! Have you seen him play or are you just looking at the sack total that went from seven in 2020 to six in 2021 and then to 12.5 in 2022? Quinnen Williams is a very good player. He deserves a contract that is in line with the one that Jeffery Simmons just signed. I'm sure teams would be lining up to offer the Jets a 1st round pick and NY would be foolish to trade him. I don't see him going anywhere