Jets HC Robert Saleh not committed to QB Zach Wilson as Week 12 starter

msadows

Liked Posts:
I'm so glad we got Fields, best in class. Do you think R. Pace was smart enough to spread all the bad rumors about Fields?

Sometimes teams just overthink things in the nfl.

Rodgers should have been a top 3 pick but teams were scared off due to his throwing motion. Meanwhile dudes with zero work ethic like Jamarcus Russell go #1 overall due to having a rocket for an arm.

The thing that will always make that fields pick more sweet to me is the fact the Vikings were also trying to trade up for him and lost out

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Sometimes teams just overthink things in the nfl.

Rodgers should have been a top 3 pick but teams were scared off due to his throwing motion. Meanwhile dudes with zero work ethic like Jamarcus Russell go #1 overall due to having a rocket for an arm.

The thing that will always make that fields pick more sweet to me is the fact the Vikings were also trying to trade up for him and lost out
how do you explain your love for kyle trask?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Oh man...imagine if Lynch traded up for Mac Jones.

I never saw Jones worth a first round pick. He is like a more clean cut & sober Kyle Orton.
Mac would have been a perfect fit for that offense especially with all of the very short routes that Shanny calls. Those short routes are all predicated on getting YAC which is the only way Mac can get yardage. Let the receivers do the work as he can’t throw more than 7 yards.

Monster

Liked Posts:
Not surprised…
Kid takes no ownership.
The team won’t respect that.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mac would have been a perfect fit for that offense especially with all of the very short routes that Shanny calls. Those short routes are all predicated on getting YAC which is the only way Mac can get yardage. Let the receivers do the work as he can’t throw more than 7 yards.

I feel we have already seen that version of the Shanny O with Jimmy G.

Being able to run those RPOs is the extra dimension he has been lacking, so I can see the Trey Lance love too.

Probably wishing they went Justin Fields in recent weeks.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't teams talk to the players at some point before the draft? I know we are in a hindsight situation now, but it still doesn't seem right that some qb needy teams wound up not taking one, while others seemingly made the wrong choice.

TonyDogs

Liked Posts:
Don't teams talk to the players at some point before the draft? I know we are in a hindsight situation now, but it still doesn't seem right that some qb needy teams wound up not taking one, while others seemingly made the wrong choice.
I think Covid playing a part had an impact on interviews and getting good game tape.

Lawrence was everyone's darling pick and outside of that no one was really that confident in the talent. All the smoke about Fields dropped him. Mac had clear deficiencies, Trey hadn't played in a year, Wilson played against trash comp.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I agree and will add that the 49ers have more weapons than any team I can remember. They have Deebo, McCaffrey and Kittle, each would be the top weapon on most NFL teams. Add on Aiyuk, Mitchell and others and their problem is being able to feed them all. There are not enough footballs to go around.

Couple that with an outstanding defense, if they can stay healthy (always a San Fran problem) I see them peaking in the playoffs and Super Bowl and running away.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I agree and will add that the 49ers have more weapons than any team I can remember. They have Deebo, McCaffrey and Kittle, each would be the top weapon on most NFL teams. Add on Aiyuk, Mitchell and others and their problem is being able to feed them all. There are not enough footballs to go around.

Couple that with an outstanding defense, if they can stay healthy (always a San Fran problem) I see them peaking in the playoffs and Super Bowl and running away.
That offense is so loaded with playmakers, Kittle has become an afterthought and is mainly used as a blocker now. Unreal.

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
Not surprised…
Kid takes no ownership.
The team won’t respect that.
I’m very surprised. The Jets are 6-4, he was the #2 pick, and it hasn’t even been 2 full years in the league.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I’m very surprised. The Jets are 6-4, he was the #2 pick, and it hasn’t even been 2 full years in the league.

7 games, 4 tds, 5 picks, sub 60 completion percentage... they are winning in spite of Wilson.
It is all defense.

Wilson is a full on bust. Close the book on him.

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
7 games, 4 tds, 5 picks, sub 60 completion percentage... they are winning in spite of Wilson.
It is all defense.

Wilson is a full on bust. Close the book on him.
I’m just saying it’s highly unusual for a top 2 pick to get benched this early in his career.

Canth

Liked Posts:
I’m just saying it’s highly unusual for a top 2 pick to get benched this early in his career.

He hasn't shown much in the way of leadership or ownership of what is going wrong with their offense when he is the main thing that is wrong. It is highlighted and made worse as you have the NY media he is dealing with and not whatever they have in Utah. But really, it seems like he is losing or has lost the locker room support and that is the driver for the benching.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It's amazing!!
As Bears fans, we could only imagine what that’s like. Our #1 WR would be their #3. Our TE would only see the field in 2 TE sets. The #1 RB here would be third on the depth chart. And Mooney/Kmet/Herbert(or Monty) aren’t exactly bums either.

Monster

Liked Posts:

I’d guess attitude over ability…
But I do see your point.
Likely more issues than we see.