Jets looking to trade #2 pick.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
If they want to trade the number 2 pick they are either staying with Darnold or looking to get Watson

msadows

Liked Posts:
Yes please. Lemme get my dream QB. 2 firsts + AROB.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If they want to trade the number 2 pick they are either staying with Darnold or looking to get Watson

Whatever they are doing, they are playing it right. Dont show your cards. Nothing but smoke and mirrors

msadows

Liked Posts:
Honestly, tho, if this report is serious the jets are idiots and deserve to be terrible.

This is, in my opinion, the best QB "prospect" class of my lifetime. 5 QB's in the first, and the top 3 would all be #1 picks if the other 2 guys weren't in the respective drafts.

Stupid move by a qb hungry team. My guess is ONCE AGAIN a smoke screen to drive up the asking price of shitty sam darnold.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Whatever they are doing, they are playing it right. Dont show your cards. Nothing but smoke and mirrors

My guess is a bluff, as stated above.

They've been trying to drive up darnolds asking price for a couple months now by being vague if they want him or not.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My guess is a bluff, as stated above.

They've been trying to drive up darnolds asking price for a couple months now by being vague if they want him or not.

They will probably get back a Rosen-type trade if they are lucky.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
The price to move up to #2 for the Bears will be comparable to getting Watson. I don't think it's worth it. The Jets are playing this right. This isn't about Darnold, they have a million holes to fill and will get better value for trading #2. If they don't see any of the other QB prospects as sure things at #2, they have to at least shop it.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
If they're looking to trade the #2 pick, and it's not to Houston, they aren't getting Watson.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean. If ever there was a time to sell the farm.

what would this cost us?

1st and 2nd this year
1st and third next year
1st (swap) and 5th year after

we get 2nd over all
They give us a 2nd or 3rd in 2023.

god, that’s expensive and that’s probably low for what they would try to fleece Pace for...

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
The price to move up to #2 for the Bears will be comparable to getting Watson. I don't think it's worth it. The Jets are playing this right. This isn't about Darnold, they have a million holes to fill and will get better value for trading #2. If they don't see any of the other QB prospects as sure things at #2, they have to at least shop it.
But if Texans aren’t trading him you wouldn’t be open to making that deal?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Could also be to squeeze something from Dolphins to move up.......Jets may believe that Dolphins will not draft a QB but will want to protect the spot from another team.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Why????!!!!

Darnold never showed flashes of brilliance. Just suckage. Mirer was exactly that. If Bears trade for Darnold, then Bears are getting another Mirer situation.
trubisky showed he was better than Darnold. Why trade for a shittier player.