Jim Caldwell rumors as Bears HC gaining steam...

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
OOOkay......only after I presented the truth about how Calvin Johnson felt about Caldwell, you're "joking." ?
If you read the article......Johnson disagrees with u about Caldwell being a so called "bad coach."
So who should I believe you or Johnson ?? :unsure:

It was a joke, I didn't read your article nor do I care what Calvin Johnson says about him. And you're going to believe whoever confirms what you already believe.

Do you really not remember how bad he was? I'm not pulling this out of my ass. He would be a terrible hire.

You and the OP were agreeing on Johnson leaving cuz of Caldwell ( a joke ok). Now u don't care what a HOF wr says about Caldwell. This isn't about what I believe, it's about what others believe i.e. players who played for him.
Caldwell's record as Lions coach was 36–28 (.563), making him the first non-interim Lions coach to leave the team with a winning record since Joe Schmidt, who led the team from 1967 to 1972. His .563 winning percentage was also the best for a Lions' head coach since Buddy Parker in the 1950s.

However.... According to you Caldwell is bad. What could Caldwell have done to be "good" in your mind?

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Before i even get to the rest of your post, please show me where my post shows emotion and that isn't me just telling you how it is?

Anytime23

And you can save your documents. You have a history of posting articles from nobodies in an attempt to prove your points.

Make actual arguments and not just lazily post blogs from people with 15 followers on twitter like you did with your Greg Roman slander.

If someone disagrees with u about Roman......
You can get extremely emotional, defensive, piss off and confrontational about him. I mean ur saying I posted something
that "slanders Greg Roman." As though charges should be brought against me. I provided articles on his propensity for designed Qb runs. It wears a Qb down and can ultinmately put him on sideline with nagging injuries, IMO
But lets not get caught up on Roman. Lets get back to Hamilton developing young Qb's.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Anytime23

If someone disagrees with u about Roman......
You can get extremely emotional, defensive, piss off and confrontational about him. I mean ur saying I posted something
that "slanders Greg Roman." As though charges should be brought against me. I provided articles on his propensity for designed Qb runs. It wears a Qb down and can ultinmately put him on sideline with nagging injuries, IMO
But lets not get caught up on Roman. Lets get back to Hamilton developing young Qb's.
That isn't me being emotional. That is me pointing to your history or using nobody fan bloggers as some kind of proof to back up your opinion. If you cant make an argument, then at least provide material from respected NFL voices and not hit pieces by random fans that is legitimately based on emotion. But yes, lets get back to it. I talked about his time in Chicago, where there was no significant QB development. Here are the facts. Multiple QBs were benched in 07 and the best any of them played was when he completely disconnected from his coaches.

Both Kyle Orton and Jay Cutler played worse under Pep than they did under different coaches. That isn't all on Pep but that doesn't show any development.

Again, just talking about his time in Chicago.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It’s just real weird after Nagy.
I think I’m done with that tree. It barely works in K.C with three hall of famers on offense.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
I've been saying the same thing forever but the difference is that this season there are a lot of openings. I wouldn't be a big fan of selecting coach 1st then GM but they may have to if they don't want to lose out on a guy they like.
Then they should move their asses and hire a gm. Thats my very point.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
That isn't me being emotional. That is me pointing to your history or using nobody fan bloggers as some kind of proof to back up your opinion. If you cant make an argument, then at least provide material from respected NFL voices and not hit pieces by random fans that is legitimately based on emotion. But yes, lets get back to it. I talked about his time in Chicago, where there was no significant QB development. Here are the facts. Multiple QBs were benched in 07 and the best any of them played was when he completely disconnected from his coaches.

Both Kyle Orton and Jay Cutler played worse under Pep than they did under different coaches. That isn't all on Pep but that doesn't show any development.

Again, just talking about his time in Chicago.

at least provide material from respected NFL voices
for example?
Also.... If there are articles that disagree with Roman, do I avoid them? If there are articles on him over using designed Qb runs, do I avoid them?

Both Kyle Orton and Jay Cutler played worse under Pep than they did under different coaches.

Please refer back to those Orton stats I provided. He did show improvement, prior to being traded.
As for jay, what was Hamiton and Turner suppose to do with him? He came here as a veteran from M. Shananhan.
With 26INTS, he obviously wasn't reading D. We agreed he's un-coachable. So how do we know if Hamilton and Turner
weren't working him on reads, footwork, proper release etc. , but he turned around and did it his way?

I want you to see this short video below. I mean c'mon, I wish it was Mike Ditka vs Mike Tice that jay did this too.
If he'd pulled that on Ditka, he wouldn't have been able to do a post game press conference.

Listen to what respected x-SB winners Jerry Rice & Teddy Bruschi have to say about this behavior.

Last edited:

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
for example?
Also.... If there are articles that disagree with Roman, do I avoid them? If there are articles on him over using designed Qb runs, do I avoid them?

Please refer back to those Orton stats I provided. He did show improvement, prior to being traded.
As for jay, what was Hamiton and Turner suppose to do with him? He came here as a veteran from M. Shananhan.
With 26INTS, he obviously wasn't reading D. We agreed he's un-coachable. So how do we know if Hamilton and Turner
weren't working him on reads, footwork, proper release etc. , but he turned around and did it his way?

I want you to see this short video below. I mean c'mon, I wish it was Mike Ditka vs Mike Tice that jay did this too.
If he'd pulled that on Ditka, he wouldn't have been able to do a post game press conference.

Listen to what respected x-SB winners Jerry Rice & Teddy Bruschi have to say about this behavior.

Pick from the countless people who cover the league. Not random fans with blogs.

again, i stopped reading that post when you deflected my post as emotion. Orton did show improvement, as players do as they spend more time in the league. He played better elsewhere. This is a fact. Jay Cutler was better before and after Pep. Again, before and after Pep. Explain that to me how the uncoachable was at his worst under Pep and better before and after him.

No need to talk about Cutlers attitude or hear from Teddy fucking Bruschi. He did a bad job in Chicago.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
You and the OP were agreeing on Johnson leaving cuz of Caldwell ( a joke ok). Now u don't care what a HOF wr says about Caldwell. This isn't about what I believe, it's about what others believe i.e. players who played for him.
Caldwell's record as Lions coach was 36–28 (.563), making him the first non-interim Lions coach to leave the team with a winning record since Joe Schmidt, who led the team from 1967 to 1972. His .563 winning percentage was also the best for a Lions' head coach since Buddy Parker in the 1950s.

However.... According to you Caldwell is bad. What could Caldwell have done to be "good" in your mind?

It was a joke. It was meant to illustrate exactly what you're doing right now. Specious reasoning. "Calvin Johnson retired at 30 after two year with Caldwell=he left because of Caldwell" to illustrate the absurdity of "he had some success as a Lions head coach therefore he must be a good head coach."

"Every time I wear my blue shirt, it rains, therefore my blue shirt causes it to rain."

But if you want to believe you owned me or whatever, go for it.

And, no, I couldn't care less what players say about him. Players love terrible coaches all the time.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
for example?

Anytime23​

Pick from the countless people who cover the league. Not random fans with blogs.

again, i stopped reading that post when you deflected my post as emotion. Orton did show improvement, as players do as they spend more time in the league. He played better elsewhere. This is a fact. Jay Cutler was better before and after Pep. Again, before and after Pep. Explain that to me how the uncoachable was at his worst under Pep and better before and after him.

No need to talk about Cutlers attitude or hear from Teddy fucking Bruschi. He did a bad job in Chicago.

Anytime23​

One blog. The rest were standard articles dealing with Roman's play-calling predictability and Qb designed runs.
U know this to be true.

Anytime23​

Orton did show improvement, as players do as they spend more time in the league. He played better elsewhere. This is a fact.

The fact is you refused to look at the statistical data on Orton while Pep was here with him. That's a red herring to start talking about what Orton did later. Pep also did a lotta things elsewhere, when he left Chicago ( I asked u earlier if you were familiar with Hamilton's background and u refuse to answer)

1642949499689.png

Anytime23​

Jay Cutler was better before and after Pep. Again, before and after Pep. Explain that to me how the uncoachable was at his worst under Pep and better before and after him.

We agreed jay is uncoachable. How was he "better" ? He was never a winning Qb before or after. But here's the funny thing, jay threw for more Td's (27) under Pep than ever in his career. Did u know that ? ? Should we :sweep: that fact under the rug ?

The reason for the jay video was to 1. show you respected players ( u like respected sources and respected NFL voices..right?) Rice & Bruschi accessing jay 2. to show how hard it was to work with jay.

@Anytime23

Last edited:

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Someone on bleacher report had an interesting take on Caldwell to Chicago - he said if you read the original tweet report, it didn't necessarily say Caldwell as HC in Chicago.

I think the angle is Morocco Brown as GM, Eberfleus as HC, and Caldwell as OC - at least allegedly that is what Polian is pushing.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Someone on bleacher report had an interesting take on Caldwell to Chicago - he said if you read the original tweet report, it didn't necessarily say Caldwell as HC in Chicago.

I think the angle is Morocco Brown as GM, Eberfleus as HC, and Caldwell as OC - at least allegedly that is what Polian is pushing.

But u wouldn't want Eberfleus as HC, would ya?

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
But u wouldn't want Eberfleus as HC, would ya?
I don't know enough about him. That's how it is for most of these candidates.

Anyone who gets hired, I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt for a season

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Because you know nothing about them lol ya poof