Jim Caldwell

Bears4Ever_34

Really starting to worry of Polian's influence in these searches. It seems like at least half of our list is littered with people who worked for Bill Polian at one time. The Bears need to hire the best man for the job, not Polian's old friends. The cynic in me is concerned that they're going to be steered towards one of these guys before it's all said and done.

ZenBear34

What does this mean? He's expecting to be interviewed? A presumed candidate? Like, the did the Bears actually contact him? Or...?

That's weird wording.

ZenBear34

Caldwell would be at the bottom of my list. He's old(67 on Sunday). His rushing offenses were consistently terrible and he committed numerous baffling game management choices.

I guess he'd be fine, but he'd be a very uninspiring choice. Hard to see him taking the Bears anywhere but right where they are.

Rise

Wishful thinking at this point to think Flores is behind this. What is more likely is old man Polian is resorting back to the people he knows because he doesn’t know what the fuck to do.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't think Caldwell is a bad coach... but I'm not high on him. He's 67, he's been out of football for 2 years, and he's been fired twice. I'm not sure how much left he has to give.

I feel like he'd be a good stop gap coach if anything.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
dm_160115_nfl_caplan_caldwell_det.jpg

jtreal3

My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Really starting to worry of Polian's influence in these searches. It seems like at least half of our list is littered with people who worked for Bill Polian at one time. The Bears need to hire the best man for the job, not Polian's old friends. The cynic in me is concerned that they're going to be steered towards one of these guys before it's all said and done.
LMFAO You think