Jim Caldwell

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Really starting to worry of Polian's influence in these searches. It seems like at least half of our list is littered with people who worked for Bill Polian at one time. The Bears need to hire the best man for the job, not Polian's old friends. The cynic in me is concerned that they're going to be steered towards one of these guys before it's all said and done.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
What does this mean? He's expecting to be interviewed? A presumed candidate? Like, the did the Bears actually contact him? Or...?

That's weird wording.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What does this mean? He's expecting to be interviewed? A presumed candidate? Like, the did the Bears actually contact him? Or...?

That's weird wording.
It is weird wording. Agreed

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Caldwell would be at the bottom of my list. He's old(67 on Sunday). His rushing offenses were consistently terrible and he committed numerous baffling game management choices.

I guess he'd be fine, but he'd be a very uninspiring choice. Hard to see him taking the Bears anywhere but right where they are.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So they interviewed Flores and now there's a word that they want to talk to Caldwell? maybe Flores gave them his name as an OC choice

Rise

Liked Posts:
Wishful thinking at this point to think Flores is behind this. What is more likely is old man Polian is resorting back to the people he knows because he doesn’t know what the fuck to do.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't think Caldwell is a bad coach... but I'm not high on him. He's 67, he's been out of football for 2 years, and he's been fired twice. I'm not sure how much left he has to give.

I feel like he'd be a good stop gap coach if anything.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
dm_160115_nfl_caplan_caldwell_det.jpg

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
So they interviewed Flores and now there's a word that they want to talk to Caldwell? maybe Flores gave them his name as an OC choice

Caldwell was a QB coach/assistant head coach for Flores in 2019. I assume he would have been bought back if Flores liked him.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Really starting to worry of Polian's influence in these searches. It seems like at least half of our list is littered with people who worked for Bill Polian at one time. The Bears need to hire the best man for the job, not Polian's old friends. The cynic in me is concerned that they're going to be steered towards one of these guys before it's all said and done.
LMFAO You think

BigBill

Liked Posts:
They need to quit dickin around with all these has- beens and go get Harbaugh before someone else lands him.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
The worst thing about Caldwell is he obviously isn't a long term solution. But he's a pretty safe bet to come in and have a solid team with a good offense

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
With all the news how Flores treated tua fields is going to shit his pants if that happens lol.