Jim Carrey drops out of Dumb and Dumber 2

Deng Defense Force

Liked Posts:
:office:

Jim Carrey Exits 'Dumb and Dumber' Sequel - The Hollywood Reporter

The actor felt the Farrelly Brothers' project lacked studio support, according to a new report.

Jim Carrey has scrapped plans to star in a sequel to his 1994 hit comedy Dumb and Dumber, Entertainment Tonight

According to the show's sources, the actor had been "increasingly frustrated" by what he felt was a lack of enthusiasm for the film from Warner Bros. and New Line.

"I would have thought Dumb and Dumber To was a no-brainer, after all it's implied in the title," Carrey said in a statement.

Carrey's agent and a rep for New Line did not immediately respond to THR's requests for comment.

The original Peter Farrelly-directed movie paired Carrey with Jeff Daniels, now starring on HBO's Newsroom, as the two portrayed dimwits embarking on an epic road trip to win the attention of a woman (Lauren Holly). The 2003 follow-up, a prequel called Dumb and Dumberer: When Harry Met Lloyd, did not feature either actor.

Carrey will next be seen opposite Steve Carell in the magician comedy The Incredible Burt Wonderstone, a Warners/New Line release slated to hit theaters next year.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
fuckcdk.gif

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Son of a bitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was really looking forward to this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
:office:

Jim Carrey Exits 'Dumb and Dumber' Sequel - The Hollywood Reporter

The actor felt the Farrelly Brothers' project lacked studio support, according to a new report.

Jim Carrey has scrapped plans to star in a sequel to his 1994 hit comedy Dumb and Dumber, Entertainment Tonight

According to the show's sources, the actor had been "increasingly frustrated" by what he felt was a lack of enthusiasm for the film from Warner Bros. and New Line.

"I would have thought Dumb and Dumber To was a no-brainer, after all it's implied in the title," Carrey said in a statement.

Carrey's agent and a rep for New Line did not immediately respond to THR's requests for comment.

The original Peter Farrelly-directed movie paired Carrey with Jeff Daniels, now starring on HBO's Newsroom, as the two portrayed dimwits embarking on an epic road trip to win the attention of a woman (Lauren Holly). The 2003 follow-up, a prequel called Dumb and Dumberer: When Harry Met Lloyd, did not feature either actor.

Carrey will next be seen opposite Steve Carell in the magician comedy The Incredible Burt Wonderstone, a Warners/New Line release slated to hit theaters next year.

If Jim(scrooge)Carrey dropped out, then they need to drop the whole sequel.

Or, the producers can drop Jeff Daniels and bring back the 2 buttheads (derrick Richardson & Eric Christian Olsen) who played Loyd and Harry in the prequel "Dumbe&Dumberer".
They were not as good as Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels, but they did a pretty dam good job and Loyd Christmas looked almost like Jim Carrey.
Plus they would be about the same age as Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels were in the 1994 movie, so the movie can take place right where the 94 film left off.

Or to make things less complicated, just forget about Jim Carrey, keep Loyd Daniels and hire this guy to play the part of Loyd Christmas.
The Dallas Mavericks ain't gonna be doing shit next year anyway :dunno:
rick-carlisle-frown1.jpg

Or even better yet, Hollywood can get fucking origional again and start making movies that aren't remakes, copys or sequels to old movies.
Time for new fresh ideas and for Hollywood to stop ruining good old movies.

Fuck you Jim :bigfinger:
I been looking forward to this for 18 years and you ruined it you fucking gold digging whore :troll:

And to make things even worse, Fucking Bill Murray keeps backing down from Ghostbusters 3 :crying:

Last edited:

Tazer4mvp

Liked Posts:
Noway I was pumped for this

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Lol why did sp94 delete a post of him quoting and responding to himself?
:dunno:

Sent via Tapatalk on Droid RAZR MAXX

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well the studio are completely Dumb And Dumber 2 be pushing for it... :shifty:

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I didn't even know they were planning on making a part 2 haha.

But it sucks that he doesn't wanna do it.

DumbAndDumberGag.gif