Jim Harbaugh eyeing return to NFL

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Can he fix the Bears in 4 years?
I think a former Bear MAY get a little more respect to do what is needed from the family. Or at least would have some background information on how to deal with them.

85Bears

Formerly known as 85Bears
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh boy...

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Harbaugh will wear out his welcome before the next Five Year Plan rebuild is over.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Yea, no thanks. He had a top 10 recruiting class in 2016, a top 5 recruiting class in 2017, A top 20 recruiting class in 2018, A top 10 recruiting class in 2019, and a top 15 recruiting class in 2020.

Thats 5 years of top 20 recruiting, and what does he have to show for it? ASS.

His average recruiting rank in FBS is about 9-10 right now. What does he have to show for it? ASS

6 years ago? Sure. Now? Nope.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Seriously, guys, If there is one thing I will try to hang my hat on here is to not make most of you as football stupid as you are.

The good Harbaugh brother is in baltimore right now. Jim is failing hard when he's been given a ton of nfl talent. There aint excuses for that.

It's not like he's lovie over here with the 60th ranked prospect class. The dude has had a top 10 prospect class, on average, during his 6 years, and he's failed.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
It’s not easy finding the next Luck to be QB. Also sometimes coaches are better in the NFL than NCAA and vice versa. Nick Saban sucked in the NFL, but is the GOAT in Alabama.

The college coach I want is Lincoln Riley. He is a really smart Offense coach like McCau in LA.

msadows

Liked Posts:
It’s not easy finding the next Luck to be QB. Also sometimes coaches are better in the NFL than NCAA and vice versa. Nick Saban sucked in the NFL, but is the GOAT in Alabama.

The college coach I want is Lincoln Riley. He is a really smart Offense coach like McCau in LA.

lol good luck.

There is a reason a lot of good college coaches don't leave if they are at good programs, because its a cushy secure job for decades.

Riley is making 7.5m a year on average right now. He has essentially zero fear of being fired in the next decade. Guy is basically guaranteed to make 100m+. It would be stupid for him to leave.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Being a FBS coach is far better, monetary wise, than being an nfl coach. Too many uncertainties in the NFL. At the college level, if you are a top program your recruiting class is stable year in and year out. That just keeps the cash flow coming back in.

Not to mention in rural states like Oklahoma he's basically a god and can get whatever he wants whenever he wants. He'd be stupid to leave.

I'd love him too, but thats a pipe dream that won't happen.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
lol good luck.

There is a reason a lot of good college coaches don't leave if they are at good programs, because its a cushy secure job for decades.

Riley is making 7.5m a year on average right now. He has essentially zero fear of being fired in the next decade. Guy is basically guaranteed to make 100m+. It would be stupid for him to leave.

Don't know a whole lot about Riley but as a major market team you never hear the Bears being willing to break the bank and pay whatever it takes to get a coach.

To me, a clear sign this team is run poorly is you hardly ever see them investing in areas of the team that don't have a salary cap and can be manipulated to their advantage just by spending money since they are a major market team.

Why not pay 12 million a year on a long term deal for a coach like him and GM like what SF did with Shanahan and Lynch if you think that's what would finally fix this franchise? It doesn't affect the salary cap

If there's any time to be doing it as the Bears, this is the year to spend whatever it takes to right the ship and get the right people in place.