Jim Rome breaks down the bears flexing Dalton as QB1 and it's hilarious

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Except that the outrage isn't over a twitter post. It's about singing Dalton and then naming him the starter....in March.

I knew this was coming for quite some time. When I knew Trubisky wasn't the guy. I knew another stop-gap guy was coming. I guess that's why I'm not surprised nor outraged.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm still "whole-assed" in the denial phase that Dalton isn't and won't be their QB1.
I have to believe this for the time being for the sake of sanity, even if it's complete blind unfounded faith & hope that Bears know better than to be this obtuse. No way Nagy is hitching his hot seat to Dalton. There's something brewing and this stinks of Glennon all over again.

1616894901169.png

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I knew this was coming for quite some time. When I knew Trubisky wasn't the guy. I knew another stop-gap guy was coming. I guess that's why I'm not surprised nor outraged.
I don't think anyone is legitimately surprised. It's par for the course over the past 3.5 decades. That's why people are fed up.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Can’t argue but I still wish “Chris” Everett kicked his ass!

JR has the most annoying voice on radio/Tv.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I'm still "whole-assed" in the denial phase that Dalton isn't and won't be their QB1.
I have to believe this for the time being for the sake of sanity, even if it's complete blind unfounded faith & hope that Bears know better than to be this obtuse. No way Nagy is hitching his hot seat to Dalton. There's something brewing and this stinks of Glennon all over again.

View attachment 10985

It does have some Glennon vibes. I think most likely scenario is they draft a QB in round 2/3 to “develop” behind Dalton. They have no shot at fieklds, Lawrence or Wilson. No one else is worth trading up or taking at #20 IMO

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
No doubt the Bears brass is outta touch, but all this over a vague twitter post?

Vague? I believe the tweet anointed Dalton as QB1. The brass is more than simply "out of touch" imo. I think they are stupid but think they are smarter than they are!

They THINK they are "playing 4D chess" by acting like they believe in him and enticing SEA or HOU to see him as a workable QB1 to bridge to the next franchise guy because they "are not done" as Schefter says, but it's just so obvious and fucking stupid. They suck at everything imo.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
"Chris" Everett was a pussy by the way. Low-hanging fruit and trollish as it was (Rome lol) but to be actually angered. Weak ass. No emotional mastery. Rome was being his usual dumbass self. I was disappointed by Everett and see his reaction as a lesson in what not to do. Just my opinion but it's CCS so I will come back to multiple quotes I am sure.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
When Pace and Nagy trot out Foles and Dalton against Rodgers in the background.

1616933711107.png

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Really?

Two pieces of shit that everyone is ignoring with a classic people are admiring just behind them.

Shit cars = Dalton and Foles
Classic = Rodgers

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Making a mountain out of a molehill, but a competent PR department just puts "Welcome to CHicago Andy" in the tweet and avoids all of this.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Vague? I believe the tweet anointed Dalton as QB1. The brass is more than simply "out of touch" imo. I think they are stupid but think they are smarter than they are!

My thinking is this...

We all saw Foles last year. Foles/Nagy/Lazor couldn't get it done. There's no reason to go back to that. Both guys are 10 year vets, there's no reason to have a fake QB competition when they know they want to try someone else.

Some fans are treating "players we actually have on the roster" and "trading for MVP QBs that are a huge longshot" as the same thing when it comes to naming the starting QB.

As far as the tweet being strategic and masking Pace's true intentions. It could be just as well a signal to fans that, "We tried to trade for a QB, it didn't work, let's end the speculation and start getting mentally ready for Dalton to be the wk 1 starter."

Also, it kinda puts an end to some huge draft day trade that results in us getting a higher pick or a vet from another team.

Last edited:

Luke

Liked Posts:
My thinking is this...

We all saw Foles last year. Foles/Nagy/Lazor couldn't get it done. There's no reason to go back to that. Both guys are 10 year vets, there's no reason to have a fake QB competition when they know they want to try someone else.

Some fans are treating "players we actually have on the roster" and "trading for MVP QBs that are a huge longshot" as the same thing when it comes to naming the starting QB.

As far as the tweet being strategic and masking Pace's true intentions. It could be just as well a signal to fans that, "We tried to trade for a QB, it didn't work, let's end the speculation and start getting mentally ready for Dalton to be the wk 1 starter."

Also, it kinda puts an end to some huge draft day trade that results in us getting a higher pick or a vet from another team.

This is just like a dorky dweeb who has a dream that he's with a Victoria Secret supermodel then wakes up only to discover that he has a fat ugly girl cuddled up next to him in bed.

Then he goes on a rampage, whining incessantly about how he slept with the fat ugly girl instead of the supermodel.

Moral of the story - you were never going to sleep with the supermodel so stop bitching about it every minute of the day and move on with your life.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is just like a dorky dweeb who has a dream that he's with a Victoria Secret supermodel then wakes up only to discover that he has a fat ugly girl cuddled up next to him in bed.

Then he goes on a rampage, whining incessantly about how he slept with the fat ugly girl instead of the supermodel.

Moral of the story - you were never going to sleep with the supermodel so stop bitching about it every minute of the day and move on with your life.

Agreed.

We may draft a QB this year, but it won't be a huge trade up for one of the top guys.

If we do draft a guy like Kellen Mond in the later rounds...does anyone think he's going to start over Dalton week one?

Lol.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
/* Unshun

the only thing that can save this is trading for Wilson in June, which I think will happen.

Shun */

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

No, it doesn't. I think it won't happen because no GM could be that stupid to believe it but then I have been surprised before.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
"Chris" Everett was a pussy by the way. Low-hanging fruit and trollish as it was (Rome lol) but to be actually angered. Weak ass. No emotional mastery. Rome was being his usual dumbass self. I was disappointed by Everett and see his reaction as a lesson in what not to do. Just my opinion but it's CCS so I will come back to multiple quotes I am sure.

Bet you don’t call him chris again