Jimmy Butler

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
One thing is certain, this Bulls team could have definitely used an alpha like Butler. Seemed like guys were way too accepting of getting their asses handed to them and the team lacked a fire for most of the season

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
One thing is certain, this Bulls team could have definitely used an alpha like Butler. Seemed like guys were way too accepting of getting their asses handed to them and the team lacked a fire for most of the season
Or he would have just been annoyed by the teams lack of effort and wanted off the team.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Or he would have just been annoyed by the teams lack of effort and wanted off the team.
Imagine a team with Butler and Derozan...NO THREES EVER

And yeah, Butler would've forced his way off this current team as well

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yet they'd still be significantly better, just like every other team butler has played on.
Of course they would, but it'd be fleeting because he'd be on another team next year anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have kept him on the team, but he forced his way out and I don't see anything on this current team that wouldn't result in the same outcome. Remember, Jimmy basically quit on this team before he left because he was so fed up.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Of course they would, but it'd be fleeting because he'd be on another team next year anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have kept him on the team, but he forced his way out and I don't see anything on this current team that wouldn't result in the same outcome. Remember, Jimmy basically quit on this team before he left because he was so fed up.
Jimmy has always called out bad management and poor effort and he has every right too. He hasn't been malcontent on actual contenders. I see no issue with that and there's a possibility he and this FO would have been on the same page in figuring out how to make this team a legit contender

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jimmy has always called out bad management and poor effort and he has every right too. He hasn't been malcontent on actual contenders. I see no issue with that and there's a possibility he and this FO would have been on the same page in figuring out how to make this team a legit contender
I would like to believe that. However, it wasn't this FO that made the trade so who's really to say?

Would this team be better with Jimmy? Absolutely. Would they be Finals contenders? That I am less sure of.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Maybe but he wouldn’t have been complacent and would have at least brought some fire and energy and called people out. Bulls energy and attitude during that slide was more fitting for a library than a pro basketball team fighting for playoff positioning

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Maybe but he wouldn’t have been complacent and would have at least brought some fire and energy and called people out. Bulls energy and attitude during that slide was more fitting for a library than a pro basketball team fighting for playoff positioning
This team doesn't exist if they manage to keep Butler all these years. If it somehow did, sure... but it wouldn't.

Keeping Butler, this team stays fighting for a 8 seed probably the entire time with the then management... Management wise, I still see nothing changing until it actually did, hell even a chance with Butler keeping it a competitive playoff team, they actually don't change management.

Bust

Liked Posts:

You know how the politics of pro sports go. If you are of high draft position you are going to get a bigger say and longer patience with the front office.

It's like qb's in the nfl. Because Justin was a 1st round pick of the bears <and the bears giving up 2, 1st round picks to get him> he can literally suck for the next 2 or 3 seasons and still be on the roster whereas other qb's would get released on the spot, lol

Bust

Liked Posts:
This team doesn't exist if they manage to keep Butler all these years. If it somehow did, sure... but it wouldn't.

Keeping Butler, this team stays fighting for a 8 seed probably the entire time with the then management... Management wise, I still see nothing changing until it actually did, hell even a chance with Butler keeping it a competitive playoff team, they actually don't change management.

with all those draft pick positions <being out of the playoffs> the Bulls literally have nothing to show for it.

Pat Williams and Coby White? This is the best they could do? BRUTAL!

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
with all those draft picks <being out of the playoffs> the Bulls literally have nothing to show for it.

Pat Williams and Coby White? BRUTAL!
And?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
with all those draft pick positions <being out of the playoffs> the Bulls literally have nothing to show for it.

Pat Williams and Coby White? This is the best they could do? BRUTAL!
By all means please tell us the proper way to have run the team the last 7 years so we can submit your resume to the NBA on your behalf.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
we get you an apologist. all good man!
And you are just a complainer. My thoughts on the team are well documented on this forum, I doubt anyone but you would call me an apologist

Bust

Liked Posts:
And you are just a complainer. My thoughts on the team are well documented on this forum, I doubt anyone but you would call me an apologist

you got salty last time with me at another bulls thread when Pat <Bust> Williams was mentioned.

We get it. You were his roommate in college and have special feelings for him. all good man!

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
you got salty last time with me at another bulls thread when Pat <Bust> Williams was mentioned.

We get it. You were his roommate in college and have special feelings for him. all good man!
I am salty for not expecting a 20 year old who's played barely over a season to be dominating the league? I'm salty for not labeling him a bust like you? Seems legit.

Bust

Liked Posts:
I am salty for not expecting a 20 year old who's played barely over a season to be dominating the league? I'm salty for not labeling him a bust like you? Seems legit.

okay, we'll continue our Pat <Bust> Williams discussions next year when he reaches legal drinking age. see you next year man!

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
okay, we'll continue our Pat <Bust> Williams discussions next year when he reaches legal drinking age. see you next year man!
I'm sure we'll only see you when there's a bad performance

I'll credit you this though, Patrick Williams is by far the worst #4 pick of the last 5 or so years, statistically anyway.