Jimmy Graham: The Blockinator

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
About time Jimmy got some props for wrecking defenders. He's done it consistently since the change to run the ball more.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
They all bought in . . .

A TESTAMENT TO THE HEADCOACH
They all bought in ...

A testament to Fields' leadership. If Fields can be tough, it kind of forces everyone else to be tough too.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Went from Jay Cutler don’t care blocking to absolute pancake maker past couple weeks.

It’s like his new found love. He had the catch of the year last year v Saints and just walks off to the locker room, now he’s hyped af leveling second level defenders through the whistle.

He gets a lot of hate due to his contract, but I’m a fan.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
If he continues to block like that and starts to make his presence known in the red zone, he’s an asset that can help Fields develop. Keep in mind, Fields right now is much more comfortable with James and Horsted because he was throwing to those guys all summer. Another Nagy crime was limiting Fields exposure to the first string in camp. Justin should have been splitting those reps with Dalton. The whole charade didn’t help his development.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
If he continues to block like that and starts to make his presence known in the red zone, he’s an asset that can help Fields develop. Keep in mind, Fields right now is much more comfortable with James and Horsted because he was throwing to those guys all summer. Another Nagy crime was limiting Fields exposure to the first string in camp. Justin should have been splitting those reps with Dalton. The whole charade didn’t help his development.

By far one of my biggest gripes with Nagy.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Damn that was serious. He should be playing most snaps if he's going to give you even half that passion from snap to snap.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I get that but Fields also played like shit to begin his career and showed why he wasn't ready either. If even Mahomes himself said he couldn't read a defense until his 3rd year in the NFL...I don't expect this kid to be coming along a hell of a lot better than that.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
He was allergic to blocking last year, Love seeing this shit!!!!

Fields and him had some playful words about Jimmy being 1vs1 and he told Justin, something to the effect that he has to throw that ball to him.....

Justin came back with -you need to get open there....

Hope those two can start to trust each other, because JG has shown he can be a legit redzone guy.

10veitout

Liked Posts:
Graham was a sufficable blocker in his only season with Lafleur, as our scheme demands that from our TE's.

Not surprised to see he may have improved.

Tee

Beast Mode
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Houston Cougars
Well he doesn't play much so he was fresh while others were tired. Looked like he was pretty frustrated with the amount of time he gets to play now

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
The block should have been illegal. A team can't engage a defender with one player up high while another down low. Granted, Graham pushed his man into Kmet (I think) while he was on the ground, but it's still high-low contact.

Anyway, this is fucking stupid. They are paying $5,340,000 in cap space this year and another $4,660,000 next year in dead cap space for a career receiver to block, while they cut an OL who can block and/or a probowl caliber corner.

I have no idea what the Bears are doing with Graham, let alone the TE position. It seems like a roster area where they throw money/resources at the position then sit back and say 'does anyone know why we did the thing we just did?'

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
The block should have been illegal. A team can't engage a defender with one player up high while another down low. Granted, Graham pushed his man into Kmet (I think) while he was on the ground, but it's still high-low contact.

Anyway, this is fucking stupid. They are paying $5,340,000 in cap space this year and another $4,660,000 next year in dead cap space for a career receiver to block, while they cut an OL who can block and/or a probowl caliber corner.

I have no idea what the Bears are doing with Graham, let alone the TE position. It seems like a roster area where they throw money/resources at the position then sit back and say 'does anyone know why we did the thing we just did?'
I would have kept Fuller over Graham. Fuller would have been about twice as much.

I still like having Graham, as opposed to not. Bears have had 3 TEs on the field. Graham is good in the redzone.

Who's the cut OL who can block? You're not talking about the walrus, are you? = p

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Who's the cut OL who can block? You're not talking about the walrus, are you? = p
I said can block. I didn't say 'blocks consistently well'

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I said can block. I didn't say 'blocks consistently well'
lol That's kinda like,

"Can I have a cookie?"
"I don't know... can you?"

He can block, but just decides not to sometimes. I would have loved to see Leno be a max effort and sound tech player, I just don't think he did that the last two years. No idea why. The way he was cut lets you know it was noticed.