Jimmy Graham to Bears

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
No I actually didn't. If you look at the post, I was referring to FAs. We all know he made Mack the top defensive paid player so pretty disingenuous to pretend like I was referring to him when I clearly was talking about FA signings. You are smart enough to read posts in context.

Exception to the rule doesn't mean an actual rule dude. It is a figure of speech. Again you are smarter than this. His history here is to generally go after mid level guys and hope they break-out. Mack is the exception to that rule and largely because his availability was unexpected.

Are you seriously pretending that Pace has a history of signing top free agents? The whole point of the post if you actually read what I said is he would rather spend on Graham than pay more for Hooper. You tried to twist it into claiming I was saying he needed to sign all the top free agents which you damn well know was not the point.

Remy, Pace went and got the top player for top dollar...stop this stuff about Pace is cheap...you just look stupid

I never said Pace signed top free agents...I just refuted your assertion that Pace won't pay top dollar for the best player at a position, which he clearly did...case closed.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Remy, Pace went and got the top player for top dollar...stop this stuff about Pace is cheap...you just look stupid

I never said Pace signed top free agents...I just refuted your assertion that Pace won't pay top dollar for the best player at a position, which he clearly did...case closed.

Again you aren't reading. I never claimed he was cheap. I claimed he would rather gamble on mid level guys. That gambling has nothing to do with being cheap. That is just his general philosophy or strategy and quite frankly more to do with ego IMO. He has smartest guy in room syndrome where he would rather be right about a gamble like Burton than just getting the more accomplished Hooper.

Finally, you can't tell me what I was referring too. My post was about FAs not the Mack trade. Period end of story. You basically interpreting my post to suit your narrative when at no point was I discussing trades.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pace literally went out and got the best pass rusher available in free agency today Remy and paid a lot for it.....

throw in the towel

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Pace literally went out and got the best pass rusher available in free agency today Remy and paid a lot for it.....

throw in the towel

Which has nothing to do with his FA strategy which is what I was referring to. If you don't wish to address his FA strategy then that is fine.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Which has nothing to do with his FA strategy which is what I was referring to. If you don't wish to address his FA strategy then that is fine.

I have no idea what you are talking about right now and neither do you....

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I have no idea what you are talking about right now and neither do you....

I am talking about what I was always talking about. The below here references FAs not people he traded for.

In isolation 2 years 16 million with 9 million guaranteed is not a big deal. Pretty much a one year deal.

The problem is the context here is Bears are strapped for salary cap and signing Graham certainly means there are players at other positions that we aren't going to be able to sign.

The larger issue here is the Bears just keep spending money on mediocre players. It is the fundamental problem of Pace's entire regime. He would rather spend 8 million on Graham than 11 million on Hooper. He would rather keep Floyd at 13 million than sign guys with better track records for less. Then he will go out there and spend 5 million a year on a gadget player and special teamer. Or give Mike Davis 5 million just to cut him.

These are not big deals individually but when you add them all up we pretty much waste probably 15-20% of our cap yearly on guys that really weren't worth signing because they really added little value beyond what a minimum salary player can provide or we could have paid a few million more for a much better player.

It is like Pace plays hardball with top level players but then basically gives mediocre players whatever they are asking for.

The bold are all about signing guys in FA. This has nothing to do with trading. You ignored I was talking about FA and trying to pretend the above had something to do with trades or Pace being cheap. Nothing in the above is talking about either. So you can either address what I was talking about or not.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
plenty of TEs to cut....you can roll with Burton, Graham, that other guy and a draft pick, plus a guy on practice squad....

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Albert Breer
@AlbertBreer

Bears TE Jimmy Graham's two-year, $16 million deal has a no-trade clause. More details ...

2020: $6 million to sign, $3 million base.
2021: $6.9 million base, $100K workout bonus.

The 2020 money is fully guaranteed. He has $300K Pro Bowl/All-Pro incentives each year.
11:05 AM - Mar 22, 2020
So essentially a 1 year deal with a 6m cap hit. Not the best but not as bad as people were freaking out. Go figure.

msadows

Liked Posts:
So essentially a 1 year deal with a 6m cap hit. Not the best but not as bad as people were freaking out. Go figure.

They freak out over everything. After I sat back and thought about it, it wasn't a bad move.

I honestly blame 670 the score for how football stupid everyone is on here and in chicago in general.

It was either Eric Ebron or him, the rest was trash(Delanie Walker, Jordan Reed, etc). They obviously didn't feel comfortable signing a dude whos injured when they've had injury issues at the position.