Jimmy Graham to Bears

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I've mentioned it previously that both philly and the chiefs like to run two TE sets. We were incapable of really doing it effectively the last couple years under nagy due to personel.

Doubt graham changes that. Still a gross signing. All I can say is i hope for the best.

They play the same position. Neither can play the Y.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rodgers never really used a tight end...so I guess maybe something in the tank...maybe

Liked Posts:
UGH... Pace just needs to stop trying to sign FA TE's....

bearsb_logo.gif
Bears sign TE Jimmy Graham (2 years, $16 million): O'BRIEN Grade
Wait a second... Jimmy Graham's not retiring? This is absolutely shocking news. I assumed Graham would be forced to hang up the cleats after coming off a miserable season in Green Bay. Apparently, the Bears didn't pay attention to how horribly Graham performed in 2019.

I don't understand this signing. Paying Graham anything more than the minimum would be an overpay, and yet Chicago is willing to give him $8 million per season. Graham is decrepit and can barely move, and he wasn't productive with Aaron Rodgers. If he couldn't do anything with Rodgers, how can he possibly do well with whichever mediocre or horrible quarterback the Bears opt to go with in 2020? This is the type of signing Bill O'Brien would make, so I'm forced to give Chicago an "F" for this move.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
UGH... Pace just needs to stop trying to sign FA TE's....

bearsb_logo.gif
Bears sign TE Jimmy Graham (2 years, $16 million): O'BRIEN Grade
Wait a second... Jimmy Graham's not retiring? This is absolutely shocking news. I assumed Graham would be forced to hang up the cleats after coming off a miserable season in Green Bay. Apparently, the Bears didn't pay attention to how horribly Graham performed in 2019.

I don't understand this signing. Paying Graham anything more than the minimum would be an overpay, and yet Chicago is willing to give him $8 million per season. Graham is decrepit and can barely move, and he wasn't productive with Aaron Rodgers. If he couldn't do anything with Rodgers, how can he possibly do well with whichever mediocre or horrible quarterback the Bears opt to go with in 2020? This is the type of signing Bill O'Brien would make, so I'm forced to give Chicago an "F" for this move.

no TE did much with Rodgers....

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This would have been a sweet signing.... 5 years ago. Lol.

msadows

Liked Posts:
This would have been a sweet signing.... 5 years ago. Lol.

Once again, top 10 in catches an yardage over the last two years.

Still hate the $$$ we gave him, woulda been a decent signing at 5-6m a pop

msadows

Liked Posts:
Question. If I told you the bears had a TE who was top 10 in catches and yardage over the last two years....what would you guys feel towards that?

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Once again, top 10 in catches an yardage over the last two years.

Still hate the $$$ we gave him, woulda been a decent signing at 5-6m a pop

I feel the same way. He's our best TE, and we technically upgraded the position. But we overpaid for someone who is going to be 34 during the season.

It's like Pace was like, "I remember you from NO! You still basically that same guy? Here's more money than you're worth!"

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
.... I don't know if this signing is a joke, but please wake me up from this nightmare.... please ....

Milton Waddams

Liked Posts:
JFC. Now I have to root for this asshole? Vomit. This is worse than when the BEARS got Jared Allen.

Remember the game @ NO in 2011? Graham was the douchiest player I've ever seen in that game. Standing over/talking shit to an injured BEAR...getting in Lovie's face on the sideline.

2020 SUUUUCCKS!!

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Lol are TE's are the untapped potential squad and good ol mitch will unlock it

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Calm your titties folks. Yes Pace sucks.
But this is basically a one year deal. No legit TE was coming here to kill their career with Mitch.
This was the cost of Burton being an undependable front hole.