dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

And the Packers are the best organization to play for(likely correct). Is he telling the truth or CTE?
images

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
This. And if he hasn't watched them or isn't familiar with them currently, how is his opinion even remotely relevant to the present day Bears?

I'm positive he has more relevant information than fans do. I'm sure he has talked to other Bears players over the years.
And smart fans can look at the team and have an educated guess that he is completely correct.

We just used 3 1st round picks on defense the year after we got a #2 QB when we had squat on offense.
And I'm not saying it's good or bad but they wouldn't give a contract to the WR they touted as the key to having an offense after they squandered those 1st round picks. This is the team we've been watching for decades, nothing has changed, it's the organization.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Hopefully karma helps us out again.

Moose said Chicago are where WR's go to die in 2008, a few years later we got Bmarsh and alshon, and have had a top 10/15 WR for this entire past decade.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
And yet they have 3 Super Bowl births and 2 Super Bowls wins in the last 40 years, to the Bears 2 Super Bowl births and 1 win.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Yeah tell us something we don't know. Bears fandom is where hopes and dreams go to die.

mecha

Liked Posts:
And yet they have 3 Super Bowl births and 2 Super Bowls wins in the last 40 years, to the Bears 2 Super Bowl births and 1 win.

berths. they're not splurging out of vaginas bro.

McMahon and Payton were pretty epic, all things considered. McMahon made some pretty poor life choices in his youth and probably well after though.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh my! Look at all the fanboys who turn on a Bear player for speaking the truth.

The 86 is the proof of both the Bears only want to focus on defense since Papa Bear and how much of a long shot the plan is.
NFL rules are the proof that it absolutely won't work any more.

Give it up, fanboys, Start demanding a winning team.

They did the same thing to Sayers, turned on him faster than Linda Blair's head in the Exorcist

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They did the same thing to Sayers, turned on him faster than Linda Blair's head in the Exorcist
Sayers was pretty salty in some of his more lucid interviews later on in life. I'm nevertheless proud that two of my favorite Bears jerseys are home and away replica Gale Sayers jerseys. The other one is a non-replica Walter Payton jersey bought the year he retired. Subjectively speaking, Sayers is the most graceful running back I've ever seen, who had an amazing transition to full-speed from his cuts.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh my! Look at all the fanboys who turn on a Bear player for speaking the truth.

I just want the record to state that I am not putting down Jim McMahon for his comments about the Packers. I fully accept that they have been the better team for the bulk of the last three decades.

I just can't stand Jim McMahon. He's a complete tool and was never really that good in the first place.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I just want the record to state that I am not putting down Jim McMahon for his comments about the Packers. I fully accept that they have been the better team for the bulk of the last three decades.

I just can't stand Jim McMahon. He's a complete tool and was never really that good in the first place.

All he did was win, and not play.

It's just odd a player says what everyone should be able to see and many fans are already saying and he has to be wrong.
I could understand "DEFENSE!" from the fans lingering into the 90s but after the 90s fans should've got a clue (and I carried that through Lovie, I love a 3-0 win against good teams).

If Bears don't change we're going to end up in an Eli Manning situation if we ever do draft a good QB.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
McMahons a has been looking for attention at this point in his life, but like a broken clock twice a day he happens to be right in this instance. Its not like the Bears QB woes are some huge secret, I think everyone acknowledges the last time this franchise had a good QB was before the Korean war.

I was just talking about that phrase. Do people still understand what a broken clock being right twice a day means anymore? I guess they do often flash 12:00.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sayers was pretty salty in some of his more lucid interviews later on in life. I'm nevertheless proud that two of my favorite Bears jerseys are home and away replica Gale Sayers jerseys. The other one is a non-replica Walter Payton jersey bought the year he retired. Subjectively speaking, Sayers is the most graceful running back I've ever seen, who had an amazing transition to full-speed from his cuts.

IMHO Sayers was the best Bears running back ever, that includes Payton, only injuries stopped the Kansas Comet

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

oober

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Unfortunately most Bears fans will still worship him at appearances, fan conventions, etc. I understand him playing on different teams to make a living, as all of us would, but why in the hell would you blow up guaranteed money every yr. He's either not making any money off of a SB that happened 36 yrs ago or he it just stupid/CTE...

If I was the Bears, I would just put him on the same type of list as Sammy Sosa is with the Cubs....

Sad..

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jimmy a bit of a drama queen. QBs go to Chicago to get CTE. Am I right, Jim?

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Man, this place is harsh. I think he's right. I mean it happened to him as well. Folks might not remember his rotator cuff injury that was listed as a sprain?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
The last couple of times I saw McMahon in longer, informal interviews....he looked like a washed up drunk.

"Never meet your heros" kinda moment for me.

Showing up as a rookie drinking a beer didn't give it away?