bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Bust

Liked Posts:
He definitely died on the field. Look at his games played, lol. Some of those injuries were of the fluke variety like running out of bounds untouched, pulling a hammy and missing the rest of the season.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Doesn't watch nor care so has no idea about the current staff nor likely any others. Went to play for the dirty team that curtailed his career and it was great there a decade later? I loved Jimmy's football before 86 but his mouth was always a loose cannon and all those head butts didn't help.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The last couple of times I saw McMahon in longer, informal interviews....he looked like a washed up drunk.

Looked like a washed up drunk by 1987, IMO.

Overrated frat boy that could not stay healthy because he showed up to camp to drink tall boys of Budweiser rather than practice being a National Football League quarterback and then blamed literally everything and everyone else for his failures when the reality was he cared less about being a professional than Jay "Don't Care!" Cutler.

"Punky QB"

I mean are you ****ing kidding me?!?

Jim McMahon is ****ing rubbish.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Looked like a washed up drunk by 1987, IMO.

Overrated frat boy that could not stay healthy because he showed up to camp to drink tall boys of Budweiser rather than practice being a National Football League quarterback and then blamed literally everything and everyone else for his failures when the reality was he cared less about being a professional than Jay "Don't Care!" Cutler.

"Punky QB"

I mean are you ****ing kidding me?!?

Jim McMahon is ****ing rubbish.

Yeah, he was more interested in being an edgy celebrity than a football player.

Decades of drinking...he looks sloppy. He's the epitome of peaked at 25. It's sad to see.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
I hate to agree with him on this, but the proof is in the pudding. One organization has been clearly superior to the other over the last several decades at least.

That said, he could have just kept his mouth shut.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Its definitely a mix of him being right and having CTE. The dude is clearly fucked. But recent era Bears teams have attempted to do the offense thing and thats all that matters because there was a long period of time where it was an afterthought.

Muhsin said Chicago is where WRs go to die but that proved false when they finally got #1 WR talent like Marshall, Jeffery and now Robinson.

Chicago needs a real QB. They haven't had one yet. Once that happens, the narrative dies. Something can't die if it isn't already born. If Mitch had half a brain or was anything resembling accurate, this narrative is already dead.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Where's the lie?
There isn't one. Unless you're a running back Chicago is the worst place to play as an offensive player but that being said McMahon is vastly overrated

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
McMahons a has been looking for attention at this point in his life, but like a broken clock twice a day he happens to be right in this instance. Its not like the Bears QB woes are some huge secret, I think everyone acknowledges the last time this franchise had a good QB was before the Korean war.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
He’s a huge reason why they won only one Super Bowl. He probably needs to shut the fuck up.

Bust

Liked Posts:
He’s a huge reason why they won only one Super Bowl. He probably needs to shut the fuck up.

Mac is using the "Chicago is where qb's go to die" as an excuse for his incompetence. He was a horrible teammate. Back when the Bears brought Doug Flutie in due to Mac being hurt again again, he purposely bashed Flutie to the media and teammates stead of supporting him.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Oh my! Look at all the fanboys who turn on a Bear player for speaking the truth.

The 86 is the proof of both the Bears only want to focus on defense since Papa Bear and how much of a long shot the plan is.
NFL rules are the proof that it absolutely won't work any more.

Give it up, fanboys, Start demanding a winning team.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Doesn't watch nor care so has no idea about the current staff nor likely any others. Went to play for the dirty team that curtailed his career and it was great there a decade later? I loved Jimmy's football before 86 but his mouth was always a loose cannon and all those head butts didn't help.
This. And if he hasn't watched them or isn't familiar with them currently, how is his opinion even remotely relevant to the present day Bears?

KOTC2

Liked Posts:
Dude went from a Super Bowl QB winner to a washed-up NFL journeyman, with that said, a lot of what he said sadly wasn't too far off base. He said besides the Bears he also had stints with the Chargers, Eagles, Vikings, Cardinals and Browns before going to the Packers, and they were the best organization he played for- looking at that list of teams is he really wrong?

tcmtrinity

Liked Posts:
CTE or not, he speaks the truth. Starting with ownership the Packers have an insurmountable lead right there.