Joakim Noah

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Good article. I love Noah and hated to see him limp around the court last season. He never bitched but you could tell he was struggling. A Noah back near to where he was two years ago as a MVP candidate would really be a boost to the team.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
im kinda torn about Noah i want him to play well but at the same time i don't want the front office to feel they owe him another big long term deal

hes always somehow hurt come playoffs plus hes getting up their in age and as we seen first hand with Ben Wallace and Nocioni guys that are all hustle don't age well

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
im kinda torn about Noah i want him to play well but at the same time i don't want the front office to feel they owe him another big long term deal

hes always somehow hurt come playoffs plus hes getting up their in age and as we seen first hand with Ben Wallace and Nocioni guys that are all hustle don't age well
Noah should be let go after this season unless its on a very team friendly contract coming back in which he's can likely come off the bench for the rest of his career. Otherwise he should go elsewhere and the Bulls can move on. You're right in the hustle and energy shit does not last.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
We need to quit referring to Noah as an "MVP candidate" two years ago. It overrates him. He finished 4th in the voting. Didn't get a single 1st place vote and got 322 of a possible 1250 voting points. Kevin Durant won the MVP and got 1232/1250

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
We need to quit referring to Noah as an "MVP candidate" two years ago. It overrates him. He finished 4th in the voting. Didn't get a single 1st place vote and got 322 of a possible 1250 voting points. Kevin Durant won the MVP and got 1232/1250

so we should ignore the facts of what actually happened? Noah did finish 4th in MVP voting, the fact he didn't get any 1st place votes does not change that. if you want to say that he wont ever get back to that level again that's fair to say, but don't try and discredit his past achievements

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
Good article. I love Noah and hated to see him limp around the court last season. He never bitched but you could tell he was struggling. A Noah back near to where he was two years ago as a MVP candidate would really be a boost to the team.

It is really weird to think of him as one DPOY a mere season ago. He was really in bad shape last year, and his health should make a big difference.

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
It would probably be best for Joakim to take a pay cut and come off the bench and back up Gasol. That would really be a good way to limit both their minutes. Not saying that they can't play together but neither should play heavy minutes.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
It would probably be best for Joakim to take a pay cut and come off the bench and back up Gasol. That would really be a good way to limit both their minutes. Not saying that they can't play together but neither should play heavy minutes.

Why the hell should he take a pay cut? I think he should go out and make as much money as he can. You would do the same.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why the hell should he take a pay cut? I think he should go out and make as much money as he can. You would do the same.
Because athletes who want to make money are clearly selfish ungrateful jerks. Just look at Rose :troll:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Wait....you mean both Noah and his coach are optimistic on how he'll do this season before the regular season starts? I've NEVER seen an article about this kind of thing.

Yawn.

Let's talk again in January.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Noah should be let go after this season unless its on a very team friendly contract coming back in which he's can likely come off the bench for the rest of his career. Otherwise he should go elsewhere and the Bulls can move on. You're right in the hustle and energy shit does not last.

I guess that returning to his form a couple of years ago is not what you see, eh? IF Freddys offense includes good interior passing don't you think Noah would be a key guy? It is amazing how some people want to shitcan a guy as good as Noah has been.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Um.....Defensive Player of the Year. 1st Team all NBA. I'd say he deserved consideration and got it as an MVP.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I guess that returning to his form a couple of years ago is not what you see, eh? IF Freddys offense includes good interior passing don't you think Noah would be a key guy? It is amazing how some people want to shitcan a guy as good as Noah has been.
Because he's old now. He's not young, he's only going to decline further.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not even sure Noah will/should start this season. He and Noah playing together has not been as effective as we could have hoped. Gasol thrives as a center. Maybe Noah should be his back-up.

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
I'm not even sure Noah will/should start this season. He and Noah playing together has not been as effective as we could have hoped. Gasol thrives as a center. Maybe Noah should be his back-up.

I think that is what the consensus is with a lot of Bulls fans out there.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think that is what the consensus is with a lot of Bulls fans out there.

Keeping Noah's minutes in the low 20's would be far from a bad thing. He's a high energy player, and you get the most out of him in bursts. He's always seemed like a rich man's garbage player. At age 33, HOFer Bill Walton was coming off the bench and played less than 20 min/gm. And they won the title.

The bad thing about Noah coming off the bench with limited minutes is obviously how overpriced he is for that role. But what gives them the best chance to win now is most important.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I think Noah will be a Bull forever. I think it would benefit him and the team if he came off the bench and saw 20-25 minutes. He's a high energy guy that could ignite the team if the starters are struggling.