Joe Haden released

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
It says something when a team with 50+ mil in cap space cuts you anyways.

Well, it is the Browns .... :lol:
It would be perfect for a Pace 1 year 'prove it' deal at a good price, but anything more would probably not be wise.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rumor has it the Steelers are emerging as a frontrunner from Haden

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The problem is Haden + Amakumura = 1 player. Lucky to get 16 games out of the duo. If he is going to Pittsburgh for 4-6 million on a one year, you would think 6-8 million would make Chicago worth a visit? Good DC, trustoworthy. Easy system to understand for CB's and play right away.

No way we do this in 2017 if we were smart. But we aren't smart. These guys actually are trying to win every year, imo.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 2m2 minutes ago
Steelers are the favorite to land former Browns CB Joe Haden.

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 5m5 minutes ago
Here's the team to watch on CB Joe Haden, as @JosinaAnderson noted, once he's officially released at 4 pm today: the Pittsburgh Steelers.

fatkid73

Liked Posts:
I could be completely wrong, but isn't there a waiver process if a player gets cut? If I remember correctly we are pretty high on the waiver claim wire. Not saying we should go after him(Admittedly I have not seen him play since he was hyped a few years back), but if waivers are in play here, it would not matter where he wanted to play, the highest waiver team that wants him could claim his rights.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
I could be completely wrong, but isn't there a waiver process if a player gets cut? If I remember correctly we are pretty high on the waiver claim wire. Not saying we should go after him(Admittedly I have not seen him play since he was hyped a few years back), but if waivers are in play here, it would not matter where he wanted to play, the highest waiver team that wants him could claim his rights.

Vets do not go through the waiver process. They go straight to free agency.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
1. Use the money to extend Hicks

2. Use the money to upgrade the WR position

3. He is not nearly the player that he was

4. I am not sure that he is that much better than Cooper or Amuakamara at this point.

I've seen nothing from Cooper to determine either way. But Amukamara is probably better at this point. And I'd much rather see what Cooper can do, hell or even Fuller over a full season than to waste time with Joe Haden. Granted Prince, Fuller and Haden would all likely be FAs after this season; I just would rather see a younger CB brought in who has potential to be around next year, even if not under contract.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
What would it take for haden to come to the Bears. Obviously he is looking at a one year deal with either Pittsburgh, Titians, and Dallas all playoff teams. He would want to go to a team that he can start and has a good pass rush. A playoff team would be ideal. So what kind of money would you think Pace would have to offer him to make the Bears the most attractive option?

Well i think they said Clev has to pay him right around $4 to cut him so a team might be able to get him right around $6 maybe $7 mil.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
Well i think they said Clev has to pay him right around $4 to cut him so a team might be able to get him right around $6 maybe $7 mil.

The reports say that the $4 mill guaranteed has offset language, so if the Steelers, for example, were to sign him for $4 million or more this season, the Browns pay nothing. He doesn't get to double dip.

Based on injury history and recent performance, he's a pretty big risk even at that number. He should go to a contender. He won't cost a ton, and there are a few good teams that even his poor recent performance would still be an upgrade for.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
3 year $27 mil to sign with Steelers.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
that is about the money I guessed but got a 3 yr deal instead of 2....must be front loaded on the guaranteed money

hello

Liked Posts:
3yr/$27 million with only $7 million guaranteed....so basically it's a 1yr deal with hopes he plays well enough to where it warrants keeping him around for yr2 and yr3

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
1. Use the money to extend Hicks

2. Use the money to upgrade the WR position

3. He is not nearly the player that he was

4. I am not sure that he is that much better than Cooper or Amuakamara at this point.

he much better than both theres not a cb on our roster that compares when hes not hurt the problem injury concerns
u gotta think hes been in Cleveland bro those guys run a worse football shit show than anybody