Joe Haden released

OliverTwistCone

Liked Posts:
No need to worry about trade value.....lets kick the tires! Even without Prince banged up, he's the best CB on our roster. With our front 7, a decent year from him, would be a big lift...

JeffChrist

Liked Posts:
We could certainly use him if he's able to stay healthy.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Doubt this happens. A few other teams closer to playoffs will likely sign him. KC probably

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Really no reason not to try and bring him in. CB and WR we can't be picky. It's the weakest area of our team and players are going to get cut that have produced. Pace needs to find a few players at these positions for depth. No one is going to get cut that is a perfect fit (unless you get lucky and get a guy like Sitton again).

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
No need to worry about trade value.....lets kick the tires! Even without Prince banged up, he's the best CB on our roster. With our front 7, a decent year from him, would be a big lift...

I don't see any way we get him and not even sure Pace will go after him. The Cowboys, Steelers, Saints and Colts are already showing interest so i see no reason he would even pick the Bears over a couple of those teams even if we did try getting him. It would be nice to have him for the right price but i just don't think it makes much sense for us since we still have a couple more years of building to do. I bet he ends up with the Cowboys who can offer him a starting job right away.

Edit: Sounds like the Chiefs are gonna go hard after him so i could definitely see them being his top choice and him on that defense with M.Peters playing opposite and E.Berry at FS.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What would it take for haden to come to the Bears. Obviously he is looking at a one year deal with either Pittsburgh, Titians, and Dallas all playoff teams. He would want to go to a team that he can start and has a good pass rush. A playoff team would be ideal. So what kind of money would you think Pace would have to offer him to make the Bears the most attractive option?

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hes not coming to the Bears. So many better options out there for a player of his caliber, even if he has fallen off and been injury prone lately.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
What would it take for haden to come to the Bears. Obviously he is looking at a one year deal with either Pittsburgh, Titians, and Dallas all playoff teams. He would want to go to a team that he can start and has a good pass rush. A playoff team would be ideal. So what kind of money would you think Pace would have to offer him to make the Bears the most attractive option?

I would imagine money and a starting roll. He'll probably get a 1 or 2 year deal because of his recent injury history just a guess but 7 to 10 million a year for two years.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
1. Use the money to extend Hicks

2. Use the money to upgrade the WR position

3. He is not nearly the player that he was

4. I am not sure that he is that much better than Cooper or Amuakamara at this point.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I would imagine money and a starting roll. He'll probably get a 1 or 2 year deal because of his recent injury history just a guess but 7 to 10 million a year for two years.

you are probably right. I was originally think he would be around 4.5 MIL for one of the other teams I listed and Pace could lock him up for around 5 maybe 5.5 MIL. but your probably right since Prince got 7 Mil he is worth at least that. If we had to give him 8 mil we would have 20Mil tied up with him, Prince, and Cooper. That is really not a bad group of guys.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
you are probably right. I was originally think he would be around 4.5 MIL for one of the other teams I listed and Pace could lock him up for around 5 maybe 5.5 MIL. but your probably right since Prince got 7 Mil he is worth at least that. If we had to give him 8 mil we would have 20Mil tied up with him, Prince, and Cooper. That is really not a bad group of guys.

I have no problem signing Haden short term but I doubt he comes here unless we over spend. I also would rather spend the money on Hicks, although we will have a ridiculous amount of cap space next year after we release Glennon and Houston...something like 57 million, before we sign anyone. If we cut Mcphee it jumps to 65million

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Matt Miller‏
Verified account
@nfldraftscout
Following

More
Joe Haden is more name than player at this point in his career. Some fans will get more excited than they should when he signs.
7:06 AM - 30 Aug 2017

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Matt Miller‏
Verified account
@nfldraftscout
Following

More
Joe Haden is more name than player at this point in his career. Some fans will get more excited than they should when he signs.
7:06 AM - 30 Aug 2017

Didn't Haden play for the Browns last year? The team that gave opposing QBs an average of 5.7 minutes in the pocket and still Haden had 3 picks in the 13 games that he played though injury? After two surgeries this offseason he is healthy for the first time in 2 years.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Didn't Haden play for the Browns last year? The team that gave opposing QBs an average of 5.7 minutes in the pocket and still Haden had 3 picks in the 13 games that he played though injury? After two surgeries this offseason he is healthy for the first time in 2 years.

5.7 minutes is a lot of time in the pocket. That's like Tecmo Super Bowl - Bo Jackson type of plays.