John McDonough fired

Granada

Liked Posts:
That's a pretty good post.

Hawks were on TV before McClown arrived, just the road games, and Jack Lantern isn't even a good Troll, but he's a pretty good idiot.

It will be nice to have a President of Business Operations that doesn't control everything Hockey Operations does.

I'd keep Danny as overall head, hire Pete for Business Ops and go out and find a Hockey Ops guy, from OUTSIDE the organization (Not Eddie). Let fall what falls with Stan, if that Hockey Guy wants his own GM and thus new coach. I like Colliton but they set him up to fail with little experience. He might be a good NHL coach some day, but this wasn't the time.

Not defending Stan but hard to do your Job when the "King" always puts his stamp on everything, yet knows nothing about the actual product he's stamping, IE hockey. FYI it was Mcdonough who was responsible for Panarin being traded. 100%.

I love how suddenly people were just fine with only road games being on TV.

What's your source he was behind the Panarin trade?

Panarin was traded for Saad because he was completely inflexible in the lineup outside of Kane's line, because Saad was a better two-way player and because Toews needed help. A lot of people -- admittedly, myself included -- liked the trade at the time because we thought we were getting the old Saad back and it sucked to lose him to Columbus when we did. My point is, hindsight is 20/20 to use the old cliche. I doubt anyone -- including McDonough -- had to twist Stan's arm to make this deal.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

Panarin was traded for Saad because he was completely inflexible in the lineup outside of Kane's line, because Saad was a better two-way player and because Toews needed help. A lot of people -- admittedly, myself included -- liked the trade at the time because we thought we were getting the old Saad back and it sucked to lose him to Columbus when we did. My point is, hindsight is 20/20 to use the old cliche. I doubt anyone -- including McDonough -- had to twist Stan's arm to make this deal.
RK has always had info from the solidest of places. Not sure how active he still is with the Hawks and his tickets and such, but we've never doubted his connections and even seen them first hand.

Granada

Liked Posts:
RK has always had info from the solidest of places. Not sure how active he still is with the Hawks and his tickets and such, but we've never doubted his connections and even seen them first hand.

I get it -- and I recognize the screen name -- I was curious nevertheless. Jay Zawaski has solid connections too, but he/they was/were wrong on occasion (like saying the last thing the Hawks would do was bring back Sharp, only for them to do so). LeoLeo (think that was his name) also had strong connections.

R K

Liked Posts:

Suddenly? I never really cared about home games because I never missed one, I was there. Although I could understand the angst of not having them on TV.

As for my source, I won't reveal that, but i'm 100% confident that was a John move. I'm also sure there's a reason John was fired and that was most likely part of it. I didn't say I was against the trade either, although in hind sight it sure was one fucked up move as I'm also 100% sure Panarin would have taken a massive pay cut to continue on playing with Patrick. I won't reveal my source for that either.

As for comparing me to Jay, who FYI started with all of us on the old CBH boards that's comical. Thanks.. LOL

R K

Liked Posts:
Still fairly active just a lot more quiet these days. Which we can all agree is probably a good thing! Hope all is well with you man!

R K

Liked Posts:
I was imagining that he was helping carry him out himself.

Certainly wasn't one of the ones shocked. It wouldn't surprise me either if they hire a "hockey operations" head and he removes Stan. I'd just like to know what Stan could/would do without the jackass pulling the strings. When you have a non hockey guy, with an ego the size of a small country, who knows very little about the game, it's a worse match than Bob Pulford. Dale Tallon built this core and John/Rocky reaped the rewards. But hey, they got 3 Cups out of it and some would say w/o McDonough might have had 4-5...

Granada

Liked Posts:
Suddenly? I never really cared about home games because I never missed one, I was there. Although I could understand the angst of not having them on TV.

As for my source, I won't reveal that, but i'm 100% confident that was a John move. I'm also sure there's a reason John was fired and that was most likely part of it. I didn't say I was against the trade either, although in hind sight it sure was one fucked up move as I'm also 100% sure Panarin would have taken a massive pay cut to continue on playing with Patrick. I won't reveal my source for that either.

As for comparing me to Jay, who FYI started with all of us on the old CBH boards that's comical. Thanks.. LOL

I wasn't necessarily comparing you to Jay Zawaski. I was just pointing out the fact that sources can be wrong -- even sources that some random guy has on an internet message board. Crazy thought, I know. And I was there when Jay was; I only read then, until they made it mandatory that you had to sign in in order to just read.

Right, so you're saying you agreed with the move at the time like me, but now you use it as a reason to hate McD. Got it.

Even if Panarin would have taken a pay cut to stay here after his 2 year, 6 mill deal, it would've still been hard to retain him and he wouldn't have taken one in term (unless your iron-clad sources told you he'd continuously sign bridge deals for peanuts). Best case scenario would have been him taking 9 to 10, which would have been a pay cut but still wouldn't have been feasible.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wasn't necessarily comparing you to Jay Zawaski. I was just pointing out the fact that sources can be wrong -- even sources that some random guy has on an internet message board. Crazy thought, I know. And I was there when Jay was; I only read then, until they made it mandatory that you had to sign in in order to just read.

Right, so you're saying you agreed with the move at the time like me, but now you use it as a reason to hate McD. Got it.

Even if Panarin would have taken a pay cut to stay here after his 2 year, 6 mill deal, it would've still been hard to retain him and he wouldn't have taken one in term (unless your iron-clad sources told you he'd continuously sign bridge deals for peanuts). Best case scenario would have been him taking 9 to 10, which would have been a pay cut but still wouldn't have been feasible.
If you knew his sources it's doubtful you would question him.

Granada

Liked Posts:
If you knew his sources it's doubtful you would question him.

Maybe. I think I probably would still question it, for all the reasons I already listed. And again, even the best sources can and have been wrong.

Panarin wouldn't have signed for a million dollar raise per year on another bridge deal without having his head examined first. Do we really need a source to confirm or deny this? And anyways, people liked the move at the time. Complaining about it now and using it as a convenient reason to hate McD in hindsight is nothing but hypocrisy.

R K

Liked Posts:

Where did I use Panarin as a reason to hate John? John and I never really got along, it was a mutual dislike and Panarin had nothing to do with it. And yes, I knew John. That happens when you've had Season Tickets for 20 years and know most of the organization. And I don't give a rats ass if you believe me or my "Iron clad Sources" since it clearly makes you feel better to mock something. I would put money on him doing everything he could to continue playing with his buddy, BEFORE they dealt him. John didn't like his exit interview and poof he was gone.

Then again that was just an example of reasons why Rocky sent John packing. I'll bow out now because your replies are exactly why i don't post or share anything any longer.

R K

Liked Posts:
Likewise to you sir and the missus.

We were over at Amy's the other day, we brought up the Frank G party! God it's been a long time since our group was together!

Granada

Liked Posts:
Where did I use Panarin as a reason to hate John?

Post 118, where you said, " FYI it was Mcdonough who was responsible for Panarin being traded. 100%. "

I'd hope you don't give a rat's ass, but then again, I'd question if that's really true considering how often you flaunt it. That's besides the point. You said Panarin would take a pay cut to stay here. Again, even if that were true, best case scenario would be 9-10 for a long-term deal, which wouldn't have been feasible.

R K

Liked Posts:
Post 118, where you said, " FYI it was Mcdonough who was responsible for Panarin being traded. 100%. "

I'd hope you don't give a rat's ass, but then again, I'd question if that's really true considering how often you flaunt it. That's besides the point. You said Panarin would take a pay cut to stay here. Again, even if that were true, best case scenario would be 9-10 for a long-term deal, which wouldn't have been feasible.

Depends on how much he and Pat wanted to play together. As for "flaunting" what exactly did I flaunt? Panarin was one of the reasons John was fired? That was flaunting? Flaunting would be posting a picture with me holding the Stanley Cup on the ice at the UC, at 4am the morning we won it in 2015, or holding it over my head on a rooftop bar in Buffalo in 2010. Or again in Buffalo, or Canada in 2015.... That would be flaunting, or proving I know a few people to make a very valid opinion of things I would say most fans don't have a clue about.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We were over at Amy's the other day, we brought up the Frank G party! God it's been a long time since our group was together!

Yes! Very long time.
Seems like such simpler times now looking back.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Depends on how much he and Pat wanted to play together. As for "flaunting" what exactly did I flaunt? Panarin was one of the reasons John was fired? That was flaunting? Flaunting would be posting a picture with me holding the Stanley Cup on the ice at the UC, at 4am the morning we won it in 2015, or holding it over my head on a rooftop bar in Buffalo in 2010. Or again in Buffalo, or Canada in 2015.... That would be flaunting, or proving I know a few people to make a very valid opinion of things I would say most fans don't have a clue about.

Wow.

Your "connections" are what you are flaunting. You said you don't give a shit if I believe you, yet in almost all of your posts, you can't help but brag about how connected you are, as if that makes you know more than everyone else. If you want to think that being a season ticket holder makes you superior, go for it -- but nothing in your posts gets to the heart of the actual argument here. The fact of the matter, is that Panarin wouldn't have taken a million to two million raise just to stay here; and he wouldn't have signed another bridge deal. You know this. The discount he was supposedly willing to take, wouldn't have been enough for him to stay here.

You've been a season ticket holder for over 20 years. I've been a fan for over 30. Yippee for both of us. Anytime you want to discuss the actual argument and not boast about your connections or how you held the Cup (which, as you correctly assumed before, I don't give a shit about), let me know.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: R K