Johnny Manziel

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Jay Cutler is the only qb currently under contract guess again.

I'd love to get Hoyer and draft Watson but once again it's not about what I or you guys want but what the team might do

Jesus it's like talking to a wall

You act like teams are going to be jumping out of their seat to sign Hoyer. Chances are good he remains a Bear, especially if Jay is cut which is looking likely. Maybe we can sign Money Manziel and Puff Puff Gordon. I'm sure Pace, Fox and the McCaskeys are just super thrilled to go down the 'Ray McDonald' road again.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Jay Cutler is the only qb currently under contract guess again.

I'd love to get Hoyer and draft Watson but once again it's not about what I or you guys want but what the team might do

Jesus it's like talking to a wall

At least a wall wouldnt attempt to start conversation on the likelihood of Manziel signing with Chicago.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Word is he's planning an NFL comeback.

One of his biggest supporters is our current OC.

Anyone think he's given a chance here?

I wouldn't but Loggains would...

Well, we have lost the douche-baggery of M Bennett, so there is a hole there.

But, NO.

In addition to all his immaturity and antics, he's a tiny QB who, according to some scouts, can't read a defense.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
:nana:

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Ok guys reading comprehension obviously ain't great on this board so I'll clarify.

The question is do you think this offense gives him a shot based on the tie to Loggains.

I already said I would NOT and most would agree with that

If most would agree, why even pose the question?

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
If he's completely sober, which is what I hear, why not take a look? The fact that he can't read an NFL defense is because he was too busy partying. If he's matured and understands playing the game beats the crap out of being a freak signing a few items of memorabilia for cash he will be on some NFL team.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
If he's completely sober, which is what I hear, why not take a look? The fact that he can't read an NFL defense is because he was too busy partying. If he's matured and understands playing the game beats the crap out of being a freak signing a few items of memorabilia for cash he will be on some NFL team.
Cause when your own father says you are a total fuck up it's a signal not to get involved with the guy

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Cause when your own father says you are a total fuck up it's a signal not to get involved with the guy
Perhaps he should have told Johnny he would end up like Omeletpants if he kept his downward spiral and he would have cleaned up his act sooner.

cubby chubby

Liked Posts:
Jesus Christ has it really come to this? J football needs to go to Canada, get his shit together, then possible look at coming back to the NFL. He needs to relieve himself of the stench he currently has and become a man.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
You act like teams are going to be jumping out of their seat to sign Hoyer. Chances are good he remains a Bear, especially if Jay is cut which is looking likely. Maybe we can sign Money Manziel and Puff Puff Gordon. I'm sure Pace, Fox and the McCaskeys are just super thrilled to go down the 'Ray McDonald' road again.

First of all McDonald and Manziel are like apples and oranges, no where near the same situation

As far as Hoyer goes, when we're talking about signing Glennon and reports are he might get 12 million annually, I think it's you who is underestimating his value on the open market.

We'll see soon enough

Liked Posts:
He needs to join Trestman in the CFL, talk about your odd couple. Marc can teach him to recycle all of those beer cans and Johnny can pound one of Trestman's hot or not daughters. It's a match made in heaven.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
First of all McDonald and Manziel are like apples and oranges, no where near the same situation

Apples to oranges, sure, but still the same problem. Off the field issues. Something Pace doesn't want to be apart of. Manziel isn't happening.

As far as Hoyer goes, when we're talking about signing Glennon and reports are he might get 12 million annually, I think it's you who is underestimating his value on the open market.

We'll see soon enough

I can't predict the future and you may be right, but Ryan Fitzpatrick BARELY got a 12MM contract last year and his career stats far outweigh those of Brian Hoyer. A middling, journeyman QB coming off a big injury is not going to fetch 12MM on the open market.