Jonathan Toews Speaks - The Captain Is Back

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
As someone who has experience with auto-immune issues, I know first hand what JT went through. A lot of doctors will deny what is happening and claim it is all in their heads. I even heard them mocking this a little on The Score, implying it is a fake disease.

Basically what happens is doctors egos get in the way. When they can't diagnose something correctly they often send the person down the wrong path for years. If JT finally has the correct diagnosis he can get back to his old self, and with lots of rest he can be close to his prime years for a bit.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Hey HIM, this isn't directed at you, but I just think those are rumors; I don't think they have any merit, personally. It's kind of funny because every Blackhawks fan was desperate for Toews to put out something -- anything! -- about his condition and how he's doing; and the minute he does, now it's a conspiracy and he's only doing it to cover up for the franchise and make the assault allegations old news. I strongly doubt it. There's zero reason for him to protect the org, and I've stated before, no player is really culpable here, even if they were told about it from the source (which there is zero indication of).
I don't think any of the conspiracy theory stuff, which I don't real, have any basis related to Toews and his absence being connected to these allegations. But there is zero chance that this PR bump about the captain coming back isn't a purposeful timed event.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Jonathan Toe's is my Hero

Hopefully your idol doesn't QUIT on the team next season....

Does this sound like a guy wanting to play hockey? The writing was on the wall soon as Toes made these comments last year. Was no surprise he sat out the full year.

“Bottom line is, I want to win,” Toews told Lazerus. “The expectation for the other leaders on this team and myself is to come ready to training camp every year to be a playoff team. We prepare ourselves to win a Cup for our fans. I’ve never been told that we were going through a rebuild. That has never been communicated to me, for that matter. A lot of this comes as a shock because it’s a completely different direction than we expected.”

“It’s sad,” Toews said. “It’s really disappointing. Crow has given so much to this team. I feel he was ready to bring more in the next few years and still be a big part of this group. He had that mindset that he could help this team go deep in the playoffs again, and there’s no doubt that he could.”

Last edited:

Granada

Liked Posts:
I don't think any of the conspiracy theory stuff, which I don't real, have any basis related to Toews and his absence being connected to these allegations. But there is zero chance that this PR bump about the captain coming back isn't a purposeful timed event.

That's fine, but again, I disagree. That would mean Toews would be on it; he'd have to agree to it. You can say what you want about Toews as a player, but he isn't the type that would just go along with the org against his own morals; he's spoken out multiple times, publicly, about the direction of the team, about his disapprovals, etc.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
This is what happened only two years ago when a petulant,immature HC finally decided to played K&T together.....

Kubalik potted 30 in 68 games with JT winnin' board battles and settin' his winger up point blank a half dozen times a game a year ago BUT......Kubalik potted 17 in 56 games w/o JT last year.

If they keep K&T then play em together and let em add to their outstanding career stats,put D-cat with em and and fucking look out.....let the rest of the idiots figure out the other lines!

What we probably see is K,T D-Cat and Kubalik all on different lines in some stupid attempt at balanced scoring again. The Chicago Black Hawks might be the worst coached team in the league.
Worst coach team is an understatement.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is what happened only two years ago when a petulant,immature HC finally decided to played K&T together.....

Kubalik potted 30 in 68 games with JT winnin' board battles and settin' his winger up point blank a half dozen times a game a year ago BUT......Kubalik potted 17 in 56 games w/o JT last year.

If they keep K&T then play em together and let em add to their outstanding career stats,put D-cat with em and and fucking look out.....let the rest of the idiots figure out the other lines!

What we probably see is K,T D-Cat and Kubalik all on different lines in some stupid attempt at balanced scoring again. The Chicago Black Hawks might be the worst coached team in the league.
but analytics yo.

God I just want reporters to parse out from JC and Bowman what they are doing with analytics behind closed doors so that the mathmaticians can laugh at them and set things right.

Fucking idiots.

Granada

Liked Posts:

Good article, Bob. It's realistic to assume that Toews himself had no knowledge because he was trying to win the Cup, which is something that would take the majority of your time when you're not resting from busting your ass night-in and night-out.

I was feeling pretty good after Toews' initial tweet, but after reading this article, it really isn't a given that he'll be back necessarily. That's the take I took from it, at least.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Good article, Bob. It's realistic to assume that Toews himself had no knowledge because he was trying to win the Cup, which is something that would take the majority of your time when you're not resting from busting your ass night-in and night-out.

I was feeling pretty good after Toews' initial tweet, but after reading this article, it really isn't a given that he'll be back necessarily. That's the take I took from it, at least.
I think it's safe to assume JT heard rumors back then but it's also safe to assume he thought it'd be handled properly once Vincent took it too management and the predator didn't return. It wasn't JT who wrote a referral letter for known predator to work with high school kids.

I think him being back skating and practicing is huge but it did sound like there's still a hurdle or two........two full months till camp should help conditioning and tell us more about his issues.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
but analytics yo.

God I just want reporters to parse out from JC and Bowman what they are doing with analytics behind closed doors so that the mathmaticians can laugh at them and set things right.

Fucking idiots.
Kane and Toews put up career numbers only two years ago and they did that with F'ing Suckura as a third wheel for 1/3 of the season so do you keep em together and give em a better linemate........no,you break em up.

D-Cat and Strome put up career numbers and absolutely rekindled their OHL chemistry in the NHL with F'ing Perlini as their third wheel for much of the year two years ago so do you keep them together with a better linemate........no you brake them up too and skate D-Cat on a checking line............LOFL!!!!!!

Fucking idiots indeed!

DaHawkz24

Liked Posts:
Kane and Toews put up career numbers only two years ago and they did that with F'ing Suckura as a third wheel for 1/3 of the season so do you keep em together and give em a better linemate........no,you break em up.

D-Cat and Strome put up career numbers and absolutely rekindled their OHL chemistry in the NHL with F'ing Perlini as their third wheel for much of the year two years ago so do you keep them together with a better linemate........no you brake them up too and skate D-Cat on a checking line............LOFL!!!!!!

Fucking idiots indeed!
I completely agree with this! Also, while Kane was having the worst shooting % of his career only putting in like 2 goals over the last 25 games of last season they kept him with guys like Kampf, and stuck Strome in the press box because they must think he's the big problem with the Hawks defensively.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I completely agree with this! Also, while Kane was having the worst shooting % of his career only putting in like 2 goals over the last 25 games of last season they kept him with guys like Kampf, and stuck Strome in the press box because they must think he's the big problem with the Hawks defensively.
Kane can definitely create his own offensive opportunities but teams concentrated on that this year so he needed to be set up to score as most goal scorers do but he played without a setup man because we didn't have one. D-Cat was 2nd to Kane with 24 assists and his passing improved quite a bit but Harry Potter wouldn't play em together 5 on 5.

Puss Sutter and Kurashev had 21 assists between em!