Jones, Sutton, Ferguson attempting to trade

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Christian Jones - LB - Bears
The Chicago Tribune's Brad Biggs reports the Bears are actively looking to trade ILB Christian Jones.
Jones led all Bears inside linebackers in snaps played last season, but he was a poor fit for the 3-4 defense. Chicago went out and signed two new ILB starters in Jerrell Freeman and Danny Trevathan in the offseason. Jones is a carryover from the old Phil Emery-Marc Trestamn regime and appears on his way out.
Source: Chicago Tribune Sep 2 - 10:11 AM
Player Outlook
Game Log
Career Stats
In-season Projections
Will Sutton - DL - Bears
The Chicago Tribune's Brad Biggs reports the Bears are shopping third-year DT Will Sutton.
Sutton was a 2014 third-round pick by the old Bears regime and doesn't fit in DC Vic Fangio's 3-4 defense as a 6'/300 nose tackle. He doesn't have the size to two-gap and hold the point of attack by himself. The Bears would take anything in return, but he's likely to be cut at some point this weekend.
Source: Chicago Tribune Sep 2 - 10:07 AM
Player Outlook
Game Log
Career Stats
In-season Projections
Ego Ferguson - DL - Bears
The Chicago Tribune's Brad Biggs reports the Bears have made it known 2014 second-round DL Ego Ferguson is available for trade.
Ferguson was drafted by the Phil Emery-Marc Trestman regime and is a really poor fit in DC Vic Fangio's 3-4 defense. Ferguson was the 51st pick in the 2014 draft and missed much of last season with a torn patellar tendon. Ferguson played 132 snaps this preseason and would be a fit for 4-3 defenses.
Source: Chicago Tribune Sep 2 - 10:03 AM
Player Outlook
Game Log
Career Stats
In-season Projections

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fuller and Washington would be the only Emery defensive picks still on the roster.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I imagine a couple of these guys will be traded away. They are all young players that can help other teams.

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
I wonder if they don't plan on PUPing McPhee. I figured he would end up on PUP leaving the spot open for Christian Jones.

Maybe it's all a timing/value move for a player who will see little time. I think he would be a solid 4th OLB/ST ace.

Nick80

Liked Posts:
We should probably all acknowledge that HTJ was right ... JG > EF.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Moron, I know that. My comment was related to the fact that Pace couldnt do anything with them. Dicklicker

It's Pace's fault that he couldn't develop the shit talent Emery left him? That's not the responsibility of the position coach? Or the defensive coordinator? Or the head coach? Or the previous GM who drafted the shit talent in the first place that two different coaching staffs couldn't develop?

You exist in a realm so far beyond stupid that no language on earth has yet found the vocabulary to adequately describe it.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
well it looks like jones,sutton and ego are getting cut. I would be surprised if Pace found buyers

Bigdaddybear

Liked Posts:
It sucks that we couldn't do anything with these players but life goes on.