Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
A poor move by Bowman trying to save his job. Boqvist is still unproven and Jones honestly wasn't terrible but isn't worth his new cap hit and losing picks hurt going into a rebuild even though the rebuild should have started 3 years ago

Granada

Liked Posts:
A poor move by Bowman trying to save his job. Boqvist is still unproven and Jones honestly wasn't terrible but isn't worth his new cap hit and losing picks hurt going into a rebuild even though the rebuild should have started 3 years ago
Yeah. I'll admit, I was pretty high on this trade when it happened, but the only way this trade ends well, is if the Hawks can successfully complete a rebuild while Jones still has at least 2-3 years on his contract. Who knows, maybe he's moved eventually -- everybody understandably thought that Campbell would never be moved, so it is possible. Losing the picks was the biggest loss on our end.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Yeah. I'll admit, I was pretty high on this trade when it happened, but the only way this trade ends well, is if the Hawks can successfully complete a rebuild while Jones still has at least 2-3 years on his contract. Who knows, maybe he's moved eventually -- everybody understandably thought that Campbell would never be moved, so it is possible. Losing the picks was the biggest loss on our end.
Yeah I was a fan at the time too but his cap hit was always tough to swallow.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I never liked the move from day one. As you said....a desperation move by a bad GM on his last leg. I will say I think he turned out to be better than I thought he would be but that Cap hit he has dictates he needs to be better....a lot better.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's gonna be a salary cap boat anchor for years.
The only thing that could change that is a rapid rise of the Salary Cap. With today's economy? Good luck with that.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You never pay a got to have it free agent price AND a wealth in picks.

You could buy any free agent you want with that money. You could have drafted that defensemen with this years pick.

We overpaid twice(and still can’t play defense which honestly he’s not a huge help with), what is there to like?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
It was a terrible move and this can be said for all our teams this is why you don’t be cheap and get rid of the gm when the writing is on the wall. Fans will respect it more and the team will rebound faster.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
You don’t get a Seth Jones without an over payment.

Bustvist is horrible and you don’t know who Kelly would have reached with with those picks.

If you tell me Kelly was taking Sillinger, then maybe, but the odds are a lot higher some 5’9 puck collector in the stands from Sweden would have been the pick with Kelly boasting how he likes the way he protects the puck.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bad move.

Granted, Jones is like 1st go-around Brian Campbell for us (except without being RJ Umberger's recurring nightmare) so it's not like he sucks, but he's very O-biased on a team without anyone who can play defense at an adequate level, we lost a 1st round pick we could have used in the process, and are paying a metric shit-tonne for him.

I'm not really sad over losing Boqvist in the deal since there's no guarantee Boqvist would have done anything for us especially give how bad Stan's regime was in the later days, but for a team that was looking to rebuild losing those rebuilding tools for a guy who could have been had in the UFA market and paying a right premium for it--and without any sort of complimentary player in the lineup that can cover for where he lacks? Yeah, that's going to be a problem moving forward.

Kinda like Debrincat--right player, wrong time.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
The trade for Jones demonstrated how bad of a GM Bowman was. I hoped that with every trade the Hawks make it will eventually pan out, but this one will be catastrophic versus the cap for years to come.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Bad move.

Granted, Jones is like 1st go-around Brian Campbell for us (except without being RJ Umberger's recurring nightmare) so it's not like he sucks, but he's very O-biased on a team without anyone who can play defense at an adequate level, we lost a 1st round pick we could have used in the process, and are paying a metric shit-tonne for him.

I'm not really sad over losing Boqvist in the deal since there's no guarantee Boqvist would have done anything for us especially give how bad Stan's regime was in the later days, but for a team that was looking to rebuild losing those rebuilding tools for a guy who could have been had in the UFA market and paying a right premium for it--and without any sort of complimentary player in the lineup that can cover for where he lacks? Yeah, that's going to be a problem moving forward.

Kinda like Debrincat--right player, wrong time.
The Cat will just be another Tony Amonte for our Hawks, as with him good player wrong time, he deserves better and the Hawks aren’t the team for that currently.