HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As long as he doesn't go Eddie Lacey on us I am fine with his weight. I agree his has nice combination of power and vision which isn't common throughout the NFL. Don't give Pace too much credit though, remember we have to find reasons to fire him. Need to get rid of this thread along with the Leonard Floyd one. That's too many positives for a draft class that also has secured a solid starting guard in Whitehair, and a ootential 3rd round steal in Jonathan Bullard..

That entire first draft class doe. RIP. Trust me, even other than the 2015 draft class... there are plenty of reasons to hate on Pace.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Howard had a nice game. I freaking benched him on my fantasy team because he was projected 3, and I didn't know what Fox would do. Last night should have sealed who the starter is the rest of the year.

Haha sucker. If only you had no depth on your team and was forced to start him like my genius self

Reactions: WCL

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just a reminder. Walter Payton wasn't all that fast either. His longest run was only 76 yards v. Denver. Now, I'm not comparing him to Walter just pointing out that Walter didn't have blazing speed either.

Edit: I think he's showing good vision, an ability to fall forward and great run blocking awareness. Especially for a rook.

Reactions: DC

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just a reminder. Walter Payton wasn't all that fast either. His longest run was only 76 yards v. Denver. Now, I'm not comparing him to Walter just pointing out that Walter didn't have blazing speed either.

Edit: I think he's showing good vision, an ability to fall forward and great run blocking awareness. Especially for a rook.

I agree with that. THE guy runs with his head up and looks like he enjoys contact just like Walter did. They are very different kinds of runners though. He is a gem among the assortment of rocks that the Bears have.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
They just need to be careful with his carries. No back needs to carry the rock 5-6 times in a row. That's how injuries happen.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like Howard, but I do think he misses holes and cutbacks kinda regularly. Hopefully he can improve his vision and patience over time. Definitely a player worth investing in tho.

Love his power and in the open field, he has shown that he can read defenders hips to make cuts in stride.

Last edited:

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
regardless of what anyone says, its a major fucking bummer watching what should be a house call run out of steam because he simply has no top end. its happened numerous times this year already. hell, someone above asked how often does a rb get to reach top end speed and suggested 3-4 times a game, as if its no biggie that a rb lacks speed. its not that high thankfully because that would be 3-4 tds off the board. lol

hes good but im not handing him the role long term, im still searching for a complete back. hes simply to slow, and not to mention lacks the pass catchnig abilities id want in a feature back, to call it quits on searching for fortes replacement. excellent RBs can be found in the later rounds so its no harm taking another promising prospect in future drafts.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
This is one pick that Pace hit a home run on...I'm just hoping that his running style doesn't break his body down early.

Was nice to see him run it down the Vikings throats when Zimm's D was called to stop the run.

Dude is a beast. Pace hit it out of the park there. Fox better not go to that "hot hand" shit like he tried against GB. Just give the fucking ball to Howard.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
regardless of what anyone says, its a major fucking bummer watching what should be a house call run out of steam because he simply has no top end. its happened numerous times this year already. hell, someone above asked how often does a rb get to reach top end speed and suggested 3-4 times a game, as if its no biggie that a rb lacks speed. its not that high thankfully because that would be 3-4 tds off the board. lol

hes good but im not handing him the role long term, im still searching for a complete back. hes simply to slow, and not to mention lacks the pass catchnig abilities id want in a feature back, to call it quits on searching for fortes replacement. excellent RBs can be found in the later rounds so its no harm taking another promising prospect in future drafts.

I thought it was weird he didn't even try a stiff arm.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
well he is the one getting to the open field. Not sure other backs would even get to some of those open holes. He has great vision. Complete 3 down back too.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah I'll happily take a guy with his power and vision over "top end speed". Langford has home run speed and he sucks dick. Give me the productive back every time, breakaway speed or not.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:

You're bitching about a 69 yard run? Forte's career long is 68 yards. He hasn't had a 40 yard run since 2013. Howard is a 230 pound back. 40 yard runs are very rare. Howards one of 5 backs with multiple 40 yard runs this year. Who cares how fast he is? He's quick, runs hard and gets yards after contact. Speed is the most over rated trait of running backs. The guys averaging over 5 a carry. He's been great.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Yeah I'll happily take a guy with his power and vision over "top end speed". Langford has home run speed and he sucks dick. Give me the productive back every time, breakaway speed or not.

ill take a guy with both. and langford doesnt suck nearly as much as some of you want to make out.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
You're bitching about a 69 yard run? Forte's career long is 68 yards. He hasn't had a 40 yard run since 2013. Howard is a 230 pound back. 40 yard runs are very rare. Howards one of 5 backs with multiple 40 yard runs this year. Who cares how fast he is? He's quick, runs hard and gets yards after contact. Speed is the most over rated trait of running backs.The guys averaging over 5 a carry. He's been great.

this is ridiculous. lol

does a rb need 4.3 speed? of course not, but getting caught from behind like he has this season is a result of lacking any sort of speed. hes flat out slow. id wager the vast majority of young featured backs in the league would not get caught with that much day light ahead of them. his lack of speed was a knock on him heading into the draft, and it shows. im not saying cut the kid, im simply saying some of you need to calm the down when it comes to crowning him and pace shouldnt give up searching for a complete back.