Jordan Love

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
The Bears will need to find a QB desperately going into 2021 and it’s looking like there could be 4 QBs taken before the Bears pick. Would you trade 2021 2nd round pick for a guy who spent a year learning behind Rodgers and was a 1st round pick in 2020? I liked JL a lot coming out of college.

Rodgers is looking dominant and the Packers might consider selling out for 1-2 more chips. They can get a really good receiver for Rodgers with a mid 2nd round pick.

Ultimately these two teams hate each other and it will never happen but would you do it? Or is the consensus to ride with Mitch for one more contract?

• Dislike
Reactions: chi

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
The Bears will need to find a QB desperately going into 2021 and it’s looking like there could be 4 QBs taken before the Bears pick. Would you trade 2021 2nd round pick for a guy who spent a year learning behind Rodgers and was a 1st round pick in 2020? I liked JL a lot coming out of college.

Rodgers is looking dominant and the Packers might consider selling out for 1-2 more chips. They can get a really good receiver for Rodgers with a mid 2nd round pick.

Ultimately these two teams hate each other and it will never happen but would you do it?
No

menacemanic

Liked Posts:
it’s a playoff ultimatum for me. If they can’t make the playoffs in an expanded format and starting 5-1, I wouldn’t bring the gang back despite the recent success against terrible defenses.
I see your view point however I have seen mitch improve alot and this offense is doing better.i do not want to mortgage the future....invest in the o line get a new coach keep labor if you can.

Mitchell can be a kyle Orton type.we can win....

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
We all know this dude is going to be the next great Packer to succeed Favre-Rodgers in the Packers legacy. The Packers do not fuck around when it comes to the QB position. Why not snag him and take advantage of their win-now desperation. They’ll never beat the Chiefs anyway lol.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
I see your view point however I have seen mitch improve alot and this offense is doing better.i do not want to mortgage the future....invest in the o line get a new coach keep labor if you can.

Mitchell can be a kyle Orton type.we can win....

I’m all for competition, bring back Mitch for 1 year $14 mill and let him and Love compete for the starting job. The QB position can’t be ignored any longer, and I’m still not sold on Mitch despite the recent better play. He is for sure an okay starting QB but he’ll never win you a game by going 400 yards and 4 scores. And if it doesn’t work out, Mitch would be one of the best backups in the business for a year and he’d be paid as such so hopefully he wouldn’t pout.

for example I saw a stat that Wentz has never produced a 400 yard game in 68 career starts and Hurts did it in his 2nd career game. Mitch is more the guy that will go 60+ games without that lol. Wouldn’t you rather go for the hottest chick at the bar instead of a 5/10? Mitch is the definition of average.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
I sure as hell trust the Packers evaluation of QBs and I’m telling ya this dude is waiting in line to take over for Rodgers he is a dual threat accurate QB

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
We all know this dude is going to be the next great Packer to succeed Favre-Rodgers in the Packers legacy. The Packers do not fuck around when it comes to the QB position. Why not snag him and take advantage of their win-now desperation. They’ll never beat the Chiefs anyway lol.

If the Raiders can beat the Chiefs, so can GB...hate to say it.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I would absolutely trade a 2nd for Love but the Packers would never do it.

Unless they think they completely missed on Love based on what they’ve seen in practice which would be bad for the Bears anyways.

@Tillman33 why on earth do you think this would be a remote possibility hahaha

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
I would absolutely trade a 2nd for Love but the Packers would never do it.

Unless they think they completely missed on Love based on what they’ve seen in practice which would be bad for the Bears anyways.

@Tillman33 why on earth do you think this would be a remote possibility hahaha

I think a 2nd is not enough but maybe the right package could do it, maybe even a 1st..I feel like Rodgers has 4-6 good years left and they are so close to being a SuperBowl caliber team.

if it did happen though it won’t be to the bears lol. But I could see them getting a first for love to get a big time receiver or help on defense.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
They've drafted a lot of shitty of QBs between Rodgers and now.

The reports out of camp were that the pick was a disaster. The video I saw showed him struggling to roll out and put the ball anywhere near a target ten yards down field. And he doesn't even suit up for game days.

I think they moved up to snag a bust. Thank god they didn't move up for Jefferson.

mecha

Liked Posts:
if the Packers can't make him good, why would anyone believe the Bears could? this is my very back to basics assessment here.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
if the Packers can't make him good, why would anyone believe the Bears could? this is my very back to basics assessment here.

how do we know he’s not good? They were going to redshirt him anyways this season. He’s a very toolsy player who’s had a year to learn behind Rodgers. The gamble might not pay off, but I wish the organization had the balls to take some low risk high reward gambles once in a while.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
it’s a playoff ultimatum for me. If they can’t make the playoffs in an expanded format and starting 5-1, I wouldn’t bring the gang back despite the recent success against terrible defenses.
Well they can’t control that. They can win out and still miss the playoffs. So you mr ultimatum is decided by the Cardinals. How about winning the next 2 games in fashion?

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
how do we know he’s not good? They were going to redshirt him anyways this season. He’s a very toolsy player who’s had a year to learn behind Rodgers. The gamble might not pay off, but I wish the organization had the balls to take some low risk high reward gambles once in a while.
He’s 3rd string for a reason

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I would not make that trade with the Packers. If Jordan Love was on a different team in a different division, I'd consider it if the Bears can't get one of the top 4 in this draft. Love is a better prospect, IMO than the 2nd/3rd tier of QBs in this draft class (Trask, Jones, Ridder). So using a 2nd on Love would be better than using a 2nd on one of these guys. You'd even have a 5th year option w/ Love, making team control the same for all 4 guys. But I can't give the Packers a mid-2nd round pick for a guy that is otherwise going to waste away on their bench.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Why would Green Bay do this?

The theory is that Rodgers has shown this year that he's not as close to being done as they thought this past offseason and they can't really get out of his contract very cheaply until after the 2022 season, at which point Love would only have 1 year left on his rookie deal (with the needing to decide on his 5th year option that offseason without him ever having played in theory).