CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Per Jeff Passan

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Good move. Glad to see it. He deserves to be on a team with a great chance to win a championship. It's going to be interesting to see the Sox manage to screw up the line-up going further. They lost their best over-all offensive player and have no plans to trade for anyone to replace his production. Now they have the same stupid problem that they've had for 2-3 years now with 4-5 power guys who can't field a position worth a crap. For good organizations, its a very solvable problem, but this is Reinny's team where bargain basement thinking runs the team.

I predict the same shit ass lousy line-up trotted out with crap defense in every position and no left handed bats in the regular line-up. Its a matter of time before Anderson wants out and demands a trade. Expect Lance Lynn and Hendrick to want out also as well as guys like Sheets and Burger who are being held back by the log jam at 3rd, 1B, and DH.

I gave Hahn lots more credit than he deserved I think. If he had balls, he would have demanded to be allowed to do his job and make the deals necessary to build a contending team. Contending teams have good two way players. The White Sox do not have any...ANY for damn sakes. They just let their only two way good player walk away in free agency.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Good move. Glad to see it. He deserves to be on a team with a great chance to win a championship. It's going to be interesting to see the Sox manage to screw up the line-up going further. They lost their best over-all offensive player and have no plans to trade for anyone to replace his production. Now they have the same stupid problem that they've had for 2-3 years now with 4-5 power guys who can't field a position worth a crap. For good organizations, its a very solvable problem, but this is Reinny's team where bargain basement thinking runs the team.

I predict the same shit ass lousy line-up trotted out with crap defense in every position and no left handed bats in the regular line-up. Its a matter of time before Anderson wants out and demands a trade. Expect Lance Lynn and Hendrick to want out also as well as guys like Sheets and Burger who are being held back by the log jam at 3rd, 1B, and DH.

I gave Hahn lots more credit than he deserved I think. If he had balls, he would have demanded to be allowed to do his job and make the deals necessary to build a contending team. Contending teams have good two way players. The White Sox do not have any...ANY for damn sakes. They just let their only two way good player walk away in free agency.
Sheets and Burger suck, Lynn and Hendriks are on the last year of their deals.

Anderson, Robert, and perhaps Moncada can be good two way players. Maybe Vaughn, certainly playing 1B should help him hitting because it had to be tough for him to play OF. Imagine Abreu in RF, lol.

Hilarious that you'd mention Sheets and Burger, who both are average at best hitters and bad on defense. You have the smarts of Tony Larussa.

They were never giving Abreu $58mil over 3 years for his 37-39 years. Hope he does well in HOU. The White Sox are almost always disappointing, Reinsdorf is awful. But if this team does much of anything it will be because of their pitching, which is very good if healthy.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sheets and Burger suck, Lynn and Hendriks are on the last year of their deals.

Anderson, Robert, and perhaps Moncada can be good two way players. Maybe Vaughn, certainly playing 1B should help him hitting because it had to be tough for him to play OF. Imagine Abreu in RF, lol.

Hilarious that you'd mention Sheets and Burger, who both are average at best hitters and bad on defense. You have the smarts of Tony Larussa.

They were never giving Abreu $58mil over 3 years for his 37-39 years. Hope he does well in HOU. The White Sox are almost always disappointing, Reinsdorf is awful. But if this team does much of anything it will be because of their pitching, which is very good if healthy.
Burger, next to Jimenez has more power potential than anyone that the Sox have in my opinion and Sheets is the only decent left handed hitter on the entire team. Anderson is a below average shortstop defensively and if he would agree to it, they should consider moving him to center field where I think he can be a two way all star. Robert for whatever reason, has gotten worse defensively. He has proven to have a weak throwing arm and doesn't read the ball off of the bat very well. Next to Moncada, he is very disappointing as a young player. .
Moncada should be traded for anything they can get for him. He is a bust over-all and they need to jettison him. Burger should be moved into his spot at 3rd base.
As for your Tony LaRussa comment, I'll ignore it and chalk it up to your own lack of intelligence.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Burger, next to Jimenez has more power potential than anyone that the Sox have in my opinion and Sheets is the only decent left handed hitter on the entire team. Anderson is a below average shortstop defensively and if he would agree to it, they should consider moving him to center field where I think he can be a two way all star. Robert for whatever reason, has gotten worse defensively. He has proven to have a weak throwing arm and doesn't read the ball off of the bat very well. Next to Moncada, he is very disappointing as a young player. .
Moncada should be traded for anything they can get for him. He is a bust over-all and they need to jettison him. Burger should be moved into his spot at 3rd base.
As for your Tony LaRussa comment, I'll ignore it and chalk it up to your own lack of intelligence.
LOL Burger and Sheets are both bad, average at best hitters and terrible fielders. I bet you like them because they are grindy and white.

You're like Larussa in that you value guys who are bad and downplay guys who are good. You probably think Leury is a useful player and that Joe Kelly was a good signing when it happened, LOL.

Robert had that balance/vision issue last year, I think he'll be fine. I think Anderson will be better with a better clubhouse this year - and LOL imagine thinking if you put him at third that he wouldn't be 10x better than Burger. Moncada, probably not but I'm hopeful.

Those first two are better at both defense and hitting than Sheets or Burger, without question. Moncada just his defense makes him better than Burger.

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We are fucked.

It’s over.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL Burger and Sheets are both bad, average at best hitters and terrible fielders. I bet you like them because they are grindy and white.

You're like Larussa in that you value guys who are bad and downplay guys who are good. You probably think Leury is a useful player and that Joe Kelly was a good signing when it happened, LOL.

Robert had that balance/vision issue last year, I think he'll be fine. I think Anderson will be better with a better clubhouse this year - and LOL imagine thinking if you put him at third that he wouldn't be 10x better than Burger. Moncada, probably not but I'm hopeful.

Those first two are better at both defense and hitting than Sheets or Burger, without question. Moncada just his defense makes him better than Burger.
I find it interesting how so many people when they disagree with someone else play the race card like you just did. WHAT RACE ARE YOU PRAY TELL?
Then, to add to your horseshit opinions, you think that I liked LaRussa. I hate everything about Tony LaRussa including the fact that he is a drunken sot who literally got pulled out of a drunk tank to manage the White Sox. As for the rest of your personnel revaluations, Moncada is a terrible hitter, particularly left handed, Robert has a lot left to prove both offensively and defensively. The only place for him to play really is left field which is one of the reasons why I suggested that Anderson be moved to center field where I think he can be an all star.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I find it interesting how so many people when they disagree with someone else play the race card like you just did. WHAT RACE ARE YOU PRAY TELL?
Then, to add to your horseshit opinions, you think that I liked LaRussa. I hate everything about Tony LaRussa including the fact that he is a drunken sot who literally got pulled out of a drunk tank to manage the White Sox. As for the rest of your personnel revaluations, Moncada is a terrible hitter, particularly left handed, Robert has a lot left to prove both offensively and defensively. The only place for him to play really is left field which is one of the reasons why I suggested that Anderson be moved to center field where I think he can be an all star.
calm down please

dennehy

Liked Posts:
There's no other reason that someone could think Burger and Sheets are good but Anderson, Moncada, and Robert are bad.

Either race or being mentally handicapped, so I gave you the benefit of the doubt.

Robert has a lot to prove, Burger and Sheets are good. LOL. Also sure, guy plays SS his whole life and then becomes an all star CF at 30 years old. Great idea.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I supported the rebuild. But Jerry wanted to get back into a rebuild cause he cheaped out when they were ready to compete. Bottom line fuck this team and it’s owner it’s nothing really to fight about

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
There's no other reason that someone could think Burger and Sheets are good but Anderson, Moncada, and Robert are bad.

Either race or being mentally handicapped, so I gave you the benefit of the doubt.

Robert has a lot to prove, Burger and Sheets are good. LOL. Also sure, guy plays SS his whole life and then becomes an all star CF at 30 years old. Great idea.
fyi most racists are mentally handicapped. so it's no surprise here with who you're replying to.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
I agree, LaRussa does suck. I've hated him for as long as I can remember. Always thought he was supremely overrated. I wouldn't want him to be the manager of any team I supported. He sucks.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I doubt that Anderson will be moved to the outfield unless he is open to the transition. I make the suggestio because he is a below average defensive short-stop despite being an incredibly gifted athlete. And yeah, Robert does have a lot to prove, especially after all of the accolades thrown at him despite his failure to play a good center field. I'd put him in left field where his weak arm doesn't hurt them so much as it does in center field. He is better than Jimenez defensively which isn't saying very much really.

Moncada is simply a bust as a 3rd baseman which is a position historically where power hitting is a requirement. To me, if he is going to try and stay in the major leagues, he might try to go back to 2nd base and hit only right handed.

Burger and Sheets deserve a legit shot to fill a major league position. Burger is not a bad defensive 3rd baseman and has great power. Sheets had a decent season and has promise as a DH/1b/Rf bench player

As for your calling me a racist or being mentally handicapped, knock that shit off and stick to baseball. Perhaps you also need to learn how to put sentences together in logical paragraphs instead of the gibberish attempts you made the last two days?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I doubt that Anderson will be moved to the outfield unless he is open to the transition. I make the suggestio because he is a below average defensive short-stop despite being an incredibly gifted athlete. And yeah, Robert does have a lot to prove, especially after all of the accolades thrown at him despite his failure to play a good center field. I'd put him in left field where his weak arm doesn't hurt them so much as it does in center field. He is better than Jimenez defensively which isn't saying very much really.

Moncada is simply a bust as a 3rd baseman which is a position historically where power hitting is a requirement. To me, if he is going to try and stay in the major leagues, he might try to go back to 2nd base and hit only right handed.

Burger and Sheets deserve a legit shot to fill a major league position. Burger is not a bad defensive 3rd baseman and has great power. Sheets had a decent season and has promise as a DH/1b/Rf bench player

As for your calling me a racist or being mentally handicapped, knock that shit off and stick to baseball. Perhaps you also need to learn how to put sentences together in logical paragraphs instead of the gibberish attempts you made the last two days?
There's just no other explanation for thinking that Burger and Sheets are good and Robert, Moncada, and Anderson need work. Two replacement level white players. I have no other explanation because it either means you like them because they are white and the others aren't, or because you are very dumb. There isn't another good explanation.

Moncada already had a better season than either Burger or Sheets could ever dream of having, albeit several years ago.

Sheets is as bad as Vaughn in the OF. Burger is below replacement level in the field. You started this conversation by lauding two way players and then you put up these really bad fielders as examples of this. There is no other explanation for this other than the two I listed above, unless you have something that significantly hinders your eyesight, or something that takes away your ability to concentrate. Do you have any such ailments?

I also think I remember that someone named The Hawk used to post on SoxTalk and you basically got laughed off there because your opinions were very bad. Am I wrong on that? It seems like it makes sense based on what you've posted here.

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What has gone wrong that our talisman wants to leave or isn’t wanted just as a supposed rebuild should be peaking?

They must have ruined this clubhouse and basically nobody wants to there, or no longer believes in the direction.

They need to jump ahead of the transition from right handed baseball back to left/right significance sans defensive shifts.

Realistically this might be smart for age but Abreu is more Tony Gwynn than any other major leaguer I can name, so I don’t know about that.

Also failed to get anything for him in a trade.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Or he was a free agent and another team wanted to pay him significantly more the White Sox could afford with a young 1B waiting in the wings.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There's just no other explanation for thinking that Burger and Sheets are good and Robert, Moncada, and Anderson need work. Two replacement level white players. I have no other explanation because it either means you like them because they are white and the others aren't, or because you are very dumb. There isn't another good explanation.

Moncada already had a better season than either Burger or Sheets could ever dream of having, albeit several years ago.

Sheets is as bad as Vaughn in the OF. Burger is below replacement level in the field. You started this conversation by lauding two way players and then you put up these really bad fielders as examples of this. There is no other explanation for this other than the two I listed above, unless you have something that significantly hinders your eyesight, or something that takes away your ability to concentrate. Do you have any such ailments?

I also think I remember that someone named The Hawk used to post on SoxTalk and you basically got laughed off there because your opinions were very bad. Am I wrong on that? It seems like it makes sense based on what you've posted here.
Moncada was one of the worst offensive starting players in the AL and has been for three years. Burger is average defensively and to his credit has battled back from two significant Achilles injuries and was the best power hitting prospect in the draft when he was selected. He deserves to be promoted to the majors as a top prospect and Moncada needs to be either given a chance to play 2nd base or traded or cut.

If you know how to read, I said that Sheets, Jimenez, and Vaughn were all lousy outfielders and that Robert was not a center fielder.

Yeah, I posted for awhile on Sox talk but left because at the time I had gotten sick and didn't have time to post anywhere.

You appear to have limited knowledge about baseball. I especially find humorous your pitiful assessment of Moncada. In addition you fail to make any analytical baseball insight but instead resort to pitiful insults about my eyesight, cognitive ability, etc. Fuck off. I'm done with you. I only want to talk to people who are willing to talk intelligently about baseball, a sport in which I have played and coached and taught at a high level in my life.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Moncada was one of the worst offensive starting players in the AL and has been for three years. Burger is average defensively and to his credit has battled back from two significant Achilles injuries and was the best power hitting prospect in the draft when he was selected. He deserves to be promoted to the majors as a top prospect and Moncada needs to be either given a chance to play 2nd base or traded or cut.

If you know how to read, I said that Sheets, Jimenez, and Vaughn were all lousy outfielders and that Robert was not a center fielder.

Yeah, I posted for awhile on Sox talk but left because at the time I had gotten sick and didn't have time to post anywhere.

You appear to have limited knowledge about baseball. I especially find humorous your pitiful assessment of Moncada. In addition you fail to make any analytical baseball insight but instead resort to pitiful insults about my eyesight, cognitive ability, etc. Fuck off. I'm done with you. I only want to talk to people who are willing to talk intelligently about baseball, a sport in which I have played and coached and taught at a high level in my life.
I made several analytic insights, whatever you mean by that. Your reasoning is idiotic and is not based in analytics.

No one cares that Burger got hurt twice when doing an eval of him, that's just you loving what you perceive to be his grindy whiteness. I know you are a Larussa fanboy, and like him you don't understand actual analytics, which demonstrate that Burger is indeed a very bad fielder. Burger is also less than one year younger than Moncada, and so pointing to his draft status is equally stupid at this. And of course Moncada was a far better prospect, so another idiotic point by you. If you want something really simple, just compare their WAR. Moncada has a career WAR of over 13, and that's just for offense. He's also an elite level defender. Burger is again less than one year younger and has .4 and bad defense. Pretty easy.

Even with Moncada being 'bad,' he generated 4 WAR just in 2021. Burger will never do that in his career in one season.

LOL Burger had a .735 ops in AAA this year. Unless something changes, and I hope it does, he is AAAA player.

You pointed to Sheets as two way player, dumbbell. He's a platoon level 1B who no one values but you. Again, there is no reason to value a guy like that except for his race.

You were made to look like a fool on SoxTalk.

I just don;t agree with your dumb points. Anyone who actually knew about baseball would not cape for Sheets and Burger and denigrate Robert and Anderson. So if you're done with me, fine, but it's only because you are unable to handle the truth. You're like Trump with his election denial.

Last edited: