Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
The Bears need to seriously consider JSN in a trade down. They have the money to address the 3T, C, LB and RT positions in free agency. Fields needs weapons and JSN is perfect for him because he’s an elite separator. How much better is this offense with Mooney and Claypool outside with JSN in the slot? Add in Kmet and I think you have the start of something interesting.

With the additional draft capital, they should look for a LG, CB and a 2nd TE to start. This is a nice draft for all of those positions. Pick up another LB late.

Bruce Feldman of The Athletic said rival coaches he spoke to said JSN is better than Olave or Wilson and 2nd to only Harrison Jr. in the recent bevy of OSU receivers.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
It’s a big possibility and everything will be more clear next few weeks. They have the fa dollars to keep the draft open to go in many diff directions. If they can score 2 ol and 2 dl in fa I would highly consider jsn or bijan with a trade down

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
It’s a big possibility and everything will be more clear next few weeks. They have the fa dollars to keep the draft open to go in many diff directions. If they can score 2 ol and 2 dl in fa I would highly consider jsn or bijan with a trade down
A 2nd TE to pair with Kmet would be awesome too. There are some great options like Kincade, Washington, LaPorta, Mallory, Musgrave and Kuntz.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Brian Hartline on JSN via The Athletic:

“He’s kind of unguardable. He’ll be über-productive in the NFL. I think he will be a guy that leads the league in receptions and receiving yards. No one’s gonna be shocked. That’s just who he is, and he’s only gotten better, Like C.J. (Stroud) said, he’s the quarterback’s best friend.”

From Bruce Feldman of The Athletic:

I’ll be stunned if Jaxon Smith-Njigba doesn’t have a bunch of 100-catch seasons in the NFL, and I think he’ll go higher than I’ve seen him on some early mock drafts. Of all the wonderful Ohio Statereceivers that have come out of Brian Hartline’s room in the past few years, rival coaches I spoke to thought he was the best prospect to this point. (Marvin Harrison Jr. will surpass them all next year, but he’s not draft eligible yet.)”

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Depends on how far down this draft is packed in the slot JXN, Jordan Addison, Josh Downs, Zay Flowers, Tyler Scott, Tabk Dell.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
If the trade down includes a first in 2024 and 2025, that would be a homerun. WR is a premium position and the Bears need to start taking some swings.
Dane Brugler posted a draft at The Athletic with the Bears trading to 4 and then to 9.

He has them selecting Van Ness. I would love a double move with the selection of JSN. I think he is going to separate in the NFL like Kupp and be a constant thorn in the side of defenses.

Here’s Brugler’s trade compensation:

Projected trade: Nos. 4 and 35 and a 2024 first-round pick to Chicago for No. 1

Projected trade: Nos. 9, 61 and a 2024 first-round pick to Chicago for No. 4

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Dane Brugler posted a draft at The Athletic with the Bears trading to 4 and then to 9.

He has them selecting Van Ness. I would love a double move with the selection of JSN. I think he is going to separate in the NFL like Kupp and be a constant thorn in the side of defenses.

Here’s Brugler’s trade compensation:

Projected trade: Nos. 4 and 35 and a 2024 first-round pick to Chicago for No. 1

Projected trade: Nos. 9, 61 and a 2024 first-round pick to Chicago for No. 4

At 9 I'd really like Bijan he can be effective in the slot and really help open up WR's Claypool and Mooney. Bijan is seriously underrated and a top three player in this draft.

JayQ

Liked Posts:
Who’s going to get the ball to him? We have a RB playing QB!

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The Bears need to seriously consider JSN in a trade down. They have the money to address the 3T, C, LB and RT positions in free agency. Fields needs weapons and JSN is perfect for him because he’s an elite separator. How much better is this offense with Mooney and Claypool outside with JSN in the slot? Add in Kmet and I think you have the start of something interesting.

With the additional draft capital, they should look for a LG, CB and a 2nd TE to start. This is a nice draft for all of those positions. Pick up another LB late.

Bruce Feldman of The Athletic said rival coaches he spoke to said JSN is better than Olave or Wilson and 2nd to only Harrison Jr. in the recent bevy of OSU receivers.
What about one of our most needed positions in DE/Edge? It's not a good free agency for that position so was hoping they'd get at least one with our first or second pick.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
What about one of our most needed positions in DE/Edge? It's not a good free agency for that position so was hoping they'd get at least one with our first or second pick.
Every need isn’t getting filled in one offseason. I want Fields protected and to have ample weapons. It’s time they take care of this guy!

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
At 9 I'd really like Bijan he can be effective in the slot and really help open up WR's Claypool and Mooney. Bijan is seriously underrated and a top three player in this draft.
He’s a great player. I just believe JSN and Fields would really work well together.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Bijan is underrated by who? I'm pretty sure everyone knows how talented he is because i've never seen anyone on here say he's not one of the top most talented players in this draft. I've never heard anyone in the media or any "draft experts" say anything even close to bad about him and it's actually the complete opposite.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I think I am one of the few posters that isn't in love with JSN.

Significant injury history and some concerns about his athleticism and getting open at the next level... Some mocks don't even have him in the first.

Don't we need a guy with plus athleticism that can get some separation?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Every need isn’t getting filled in one offseason. I want Fields protected and to have ample weapons. It’s time they take care of this guy!
I want him taken care of as well so i can see if he can actually be a good/great QB in the passing game but not sure CB or another TE is more important that at least one DE. Lot of holes to fill on this team and as i've been saying this is not a one year rebuild so we'll see what Poles does.

Reactions: chi

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I think I am one of the few posters that isn't in love with JSN.

Significant injury history and some concerns about his athleticism and getting open at the next level... Some mocks don't even have him in the first.

Don't we need a guy with plus athleticism that can get some separation?
I don't see the concerns in getting open in the NFL at all. The kid is slick with his route running and knowing how to get open.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Bijan is underrated by who? I'm pretty sure everyone knows how talented he is because i've never seen anyone on here say he's not one of the top most talented players in this draft. I've never heard anyone in the media or any "draft experts" say anything even close to bad about him and it's actually the complete opposite.

I think he's worthy of a top ten pick even though RB isn't a huge demand anymore he's just that good on par with McCaffery and Barkley but he can actually stay healthy.

Fields can't be running the ball as often as he did last season he'll burn out fast.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love JSN. He's my favorite WR. And I'd love to see him reunited with Fields. If we trade down for sure take him.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I don't see the concerns in getting open in the NFL at all. The kid is slick with his route running and knowing how to get open.

Agree athleticism is an issue he ranked well at the combine but I just see JSN as a average slot WR in the NFL.