Jurko: Brock Purdy is a better QB than Justin Fields v. ESPN1000

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Mooney with Arob vs Mooney without?

Isn’t that what you mean?
Mooney with a 400yrd receiver vs Mooney without..

Arob in 2019, or 2020 would be a good argument, but Arob fell off the cliff in 2021 and was a shadow of himself

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Arob in 2019, or 2020 would be a good argument, but Arob fell off the cliff in 2021 and was a shadow of himself
Just willfully ignant.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
What's to justify? He was clearly the #1 and had fewer yards because he drew the coverage (away from Mooney). That you can't follow along surprises no one. Let us know when you can walk and chew gum at the same time. D's try to take away your top WR. 2021, that was AR. Last year, that was Mooney. Bears also were ranked last in pass protection DVOA the last 2 years but the adjusted sack rate went from 9.5% in 2021 to 13% in 2022.

Well this therory does not hold up to reality, Mooney in 2021 had 1055 yards, or averaged 62 ypg

Old age hit AR12 in 2021 and he only got 410 yards, he also only played in 12 games, So if you are correct and AR12 is pulling the best defenders making it easy on Mooney then thoes 5 games it should really show how bad Mooney played right? I mean he is now pulling the best defenders to cover him so how did it go?

well Mooney averaged 78ypg without AR12 playing.. so much for that therory..

Seriously is it getting exhauseting trying to defend a 1950 era passer by blaming everyone else?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Well this therory does not hold up to reality, Mooney in 2021 had 1055 yards, or averaged 62 ypg

Old age hit AR12 in 2021 and he only got 410 yards, he also only played in 12 games, So if you are correct and AR12 is pulling the best defenders making it easy on Mooney then thoes 5 games it should really show how bad Mooney played right? I mean he is now pulling the best defenders to cover him so how did it go?

Seriously is it getting exhauseting trying to defend a 1950 era passer by blaming everyone else?

Sigh.....but is it not just as exhausting for you not to look at all facets of the passing game i.e. play calling, play design,
the wr's, the OL, type of offense ( we don't what it is) and overall coaching ? ?

Of course, JF is still developing as a young Qb. He's not a finished product.

But go ahead, I know the drill. ? JF is a "great runner" not a passer. He allegedly holds the ball to long. He allegedly doesn't throw with anticipation. He allegedly can't throw into tight windows. His play calling is bad, his offensive game plan is bad. He doesn't have the ability to throw and catch his own passes. He's not good at pass pro.
Let me know if I missed anything ?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Because GMs actively tank. Coaches never try to tank.

Why would Luke Getsy try to limit his offense when he’s gonna be a head coaching candidate as soon as next year? The tape is his resume.
Getsy?
HC?
Get the fuck out, dude will be washing cars after next year

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Getsy?
HC?
Get the fuck out, dude will be washing cars after next year

Whether you agree that he’ll be a candidate or not is irrelevant. Getsy seems to believe he can do the job as he’s interviewed for the position in the past.

Now back to the original subject, why would Luke Getsy actively sabotage his offense?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whether you agree that he’ll be a candidate or not is irrelevant. Getsy seems to believe he can do the job as he’s interviewed for the position in the past.

That was last year, after riding Aaron Rodgers coattails. How many HC interviews did he get this year?

Now back to the original subject, why would Luke Getsy actively sabotage his offense?

That wasn't the argument at all, the argument is, why would Luke Getsy risk hurting his franchise QB in a meaningless game, if he was trying to tank?

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Sigh.....but is it not just as exhausting for you not to look at all facets of the passing game i.e. play calling, play design,
the wr's, the OL, type of offense ( we don't what it is) and overall coaching ? ?

But go ahead, I know the drill. ? JF is a "great runner" not a passer. He allegedly holds the ball to long. He allegedly doesn't throw with anticipation. He allegedly can't throw into tight windows. His play calling is bad, his offensive game plan is bad. He doesn't have the ability to throw and catch his own passes. He's not good at pass pro.
No its not exhausting at all because I dont need to do mental gymnastics, thats the beauty of just living in the realm of reality.

Trying to make the argument that JF is not a bad passer when he is throwing like a 1950 era QB is a hard postion for you guys to take, and when the excuses to blame everyone else starts crumbining then it gets even harder I would guess?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Did you know that in 2021, Mooney averaged over 70 YPG in those that Fields started and 50 ypg in the ones he didn't. Ya, must be the QB.:rolleyes: Who ever said Mooney ever played badly? WTF are talking about? Do you even remember where the fuck you are?

Last edited:

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Did you know that in 2021, Mooney averaged over 70 YPG in those that Fields started and 50 ypg in the ones he didn't. Ya, must be the QB.:rolleyes: Who ever said Mooney ever played badly? WTF are talking about? Do you even remember where the fuck you are?
might want to check your math again because you have that backwards.. Fields started games 3-10 and 13,14 which Mooney in thoes games had a total of 561 yards or 56.1ypg

Your mind is getting tired from all the mental gymnastics you are having to do and you are making simple mistakes..

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Yes, but his yards fell off while covered by #1 CBs. The same ones who covered Mooney in 2022. This isn’t hard.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Yes, but his yards fell off while covered by #1 CBs. The same ones who covered Mooney in 2022. This isn’t hard.
whos fell off? Mooney averged 62ypg in 2021 and his average the weeks that AR12 wasnt playing went up to 78YPG..

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
might want to check your math again because you have that backwards.. Fields started games 3-10 and 13,14 which Mooney in thoes games had a total of 561 yards or 56.1ypg

Your mind is getting tired from all the mental gymnastics you are having to do and you are making simple mistakes..

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
my god man how are you still fucking this up?

Game starts for Fields is

game 3-10 and also game 13 and game 14.

Now lets look at Mooney for game 3 - 10 and 13 and 14 how many yards did Mooney get? thats right simple math shows its 561 yards divide that by the 10 games Fields started and we get 56.1ypg

Simple math means when you subtract 561 yards from Mooney total of 1055 we get a difference of 494 yards divide that be 7 games Fields didnt start and we get 70.57 ypg

so 70.57 without Fields and 56.y with fields..

I have no idea how you are still having problems.. are you getting messed up because of the bi week?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wonder if the 9ers take a serious look at the quarterback options in the coming draft? They are not going to win a championship with the qbs that they presently have for one reason or another. Either that or trading for someone like Aaron Rogers or Derrick Carr?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

No its not exhausting at all because I dont need to do mental gymnastics, thats the beauty of just living in the realm of reality.

Trying to make the argument that JF is not a bad passer when he is throwing like a 1950 era QB is a hard postion for you guys to take, and when the excuses to blame everyone else starts crumbining then it gets even harder I would guess?

You call looking at all facets of the passing game i.e. play calling, play design,
the wr's, the OL, type of offense ( we don't what it is) and overall coaching

mental gymnastics, ?

No problem. I'll turn u back over to bearly

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
You call looking at all facets of the passing game i.e. play calling, play design,
the wr's, the OL, type of offense ( we don't what it is) and overall coaching

mental gymnastics, ?

No problem. I'll turn u back over to bearly
there has been 8 pages of me pointing out you cant blame his weapons so bringing it up now is pointless, his weapons have played better with out him, His OL has a great win rate for pass protection based on the 2.5second metric, Fields is also a guy who hold onto the ball way to long, he is one of the worst QBs for time to throw, so its not a great excuse to blame the OL. Fields has one of the worst comp%, you want to blame the playcalling or coaching? Sure but that opens the door for how did Getsy do as the passing coordinator in GB.. you sure you want to open that door?

At the end of the day here Fields only throws for 149 ypg.. thats trash anyway you slice it..

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
there has been 8 pages of me pointing out you cant blame his weapons so bringing it up now is pointless, his weapons have played better with out him, His OL has a great win rate for pass protection based on the 2.5second metric, Fields is also a guy who hold onto the ball way to long, he is one of the worst QBs for time to throw, so its not a great excuse to blame the OL. Fields has one of the worst comp%, you want to blame the playcalling or coaching? Sure but that opens the door for how did Getsy do as the passing coordinator in GB.. you sure you want to open that door?

At the end of the day here Fields only throws for 149 ypg.. thats trash anyway you slice it..

Sure but that opens the door for how did Getsy do as the passing coordinator in GB.. you sure you want to open that door?
So are u going to talk about what Aaron Rodgers did with Getsy? Are u going to compare a finished product i.e. Rodgers to JF??

I've shown were JF needs to improve. But u seem to look away from the fact that JF is still developing as a young Qb. He's not a finished product.