Jurko: Brock Purdy is a better QB than Justin Fields v. ESPN1000

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
So are u going to talk about what Aaron Rodgers did with Getsy? Are u going to compare a finished product i.e. Rodgers to JF??

I've shown were JF needs to improve. But u seem to look away from the fact that JF is still developing as a young Qb. He's not a finished product.
I'm have no interest in talking Rodgers, but if you are going to bring up the play calling then that opens the door for how Getsy did last year, going down that road will not end with an excuse for Fields poor play.

JF needs to improve a lot we can agree there, You have faith he can do it. I have HOPE you're correct..

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I'm have no interest in talking Rodgers, but if you are going to bring up the play calling then that opens the door for how Getsy did last year, going down that road will not end with an excuse for Fields poor play.

JF needs to improve a lot we can agree there, You have faith he can do it. I have HOPE you're correct..

But Getsy never called plays in GB. LeFleur and Hackett were more involved with that. To bring up GB.....you're opening the door to a Aaron Rodgers a finished product at Qb.

My stance is JF is still developing as a young Qb. He's not a finished product.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
my god man how are you still fucking this up?

Game starts for Fields is

game 3-10 and also game 13 and game 14.

Now lets look at Mooney for game 3 - 10 and 13 and 14 how many yards did Mooney get? thats right simple math shows its 561 yards divide that by the 10 games Fields started and we get 56.1ypg

Simple math means when you subtract 561 yards from Mooney total of 1055 we get a difference of 494 yards divide that be 7 games Fields didnt start and we get 70.57 ypg

so 70.57 without Fields and 56.y with fields..

I have no idea how you are still having problems.. are you getting messed up because of the bi week?
Haven't double checked but running around like a chopped chicken today so you could be right, LOL. Wouldn't be my 1st fuck up today.

Not that concerned about the #s anyway. Different O, different OL, AR missed some of those games, rookie QB they weren't planning to play etc. etc. I shouldn't have played along in the 1st place.

Last edited:

Canth

Liked Posts:
Wonder if the 9ers take a serious look at the quarterback options in the coming draft? They are not going to win a championship with the qbs that they presently have for one reason or another. Either that or trading for someone like Aaron Rogers or Derrick Carr?

I doubt they trade or draft a qb, or at least not a high draft pick on one. They will have Lance back from injury and Purdy eventually will be back from injury. I did see one rumor that they make a run at Brady.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
The more sturdy, muscular and flexible Fields likely never leaves the game or stops throwing. If in Garoppolo shoes, he's probably at least available. Those are some smallish weak ass QBs playing a big boys game. Nobody took a bigger beating that Fields this year. Anybody think he's not at least available for a playoff game? It's a big part of being an NFL player.

When Fields played the Eagles, he played through a strained hip and was the only reason the Bears had a shot in the game and only lost by 5.

Purdy gets decked after 4 snaps because he held the ball too long in the pocket and he lets his entire team down.

Fields with that supporting cast in SF easily beats Philly IMO.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
When Fields played the Eagles, he played through a strained hip and was the only reason the Bears had a shot in the game and only lost by 5.

Purdy gets decked after 4 snaps because he held the ball too long in the pocket and he lets his entire team down.

I won't go that far but there's a reason I think Stroud and not Young is the 1st QB taken this draft.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I know your world revolves around propping up fields, but hanging close to the eagles was a 100% a result of the defense playing one of their best games of the year.
They got 3 turnovers (2 that set the offense up at the 25 or closer) and a turnover on downs.
Luck also provided the bears with a missed eagles field goal.

In the second half, the eagles scored immediately putting the score at 17-6.
the bears went 3 and out.
The defense got them a fumble and set the bears offense up at the 15, touchdown.
The bears defense followed that up by providing a 3 and out, a missed field goal, and a turnover on downs.
The bears offense in those possessions had 3 drives of 3 plays.

the eagles finally put up a td and the game was over.

I know the narrative around here is that everyone else on the team is awful, but The bears d took the ball away from philly 3 times, the third most of any game this season.

A rational person would argue that the bears offensively sucked and squandered the 3 turnovers, turnover on downs, and missed field goals.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I know your world revolves around propping up fields, but hanging close to the eagles was a 100% a result of the defense playing one of their best games of the year.
They got 3 turnovers (2 that set the offense up at the 25 or closer) and a turnover on downs.

The defense got them a fumble and set the bears offense up at the 15, touchdown.
The bears defense followed that up by providing a 3 and out, a missed field goal, and a turnover on downs.

I know the narrative around here is that everyone else on the team is awful, but The bears d took the ball away from philly 3 times, the third most of any game this season.

A rational person would argue that the bears offensively sucked and squandered the 3 turnovers, turnover on downs, and missed field goals.
All true and we were never going to win that game but honestly, did you see a big difference in the QBs? I know it was only one game and not how you evaluate the overall goodness of a player but Fields really did look like he belonged.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
All true and we were never going to win that game but honestly, did you see a big difference in the QBs? I know it was only one game and not how you evaluate the overall goodness of a player but Fields really did look like he belonged.
No Mooney. O-line was not healthy and sucked. Defense was pretty good in game. Bears put up good showing.

Moses Moreno

Liked Posts:
No Mooney. O-line was not healthy and sucked. Defense was pretty good in game. Bears put up good showing.

First game back after the bye, no? DL played way above their average that game and came crashing down to earth to finish out the year.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:

So Fields didn’t have a 120 passer rating?

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Haven't double checked but running around like a chopped chicken today so you could be right, LOL. Wouldn't be my 1st fuck up today.

Not that concerned about the #s anyway. Different O, different OL, AR missed some of those games, rookie QB they weren't planning to play etc. etc. I shouldn't have played along in the 1st place.
no biggie.. my posts are usually riddled with spelling and grammar errors so it's not like I have room to talk about simple mistakes.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I doubt they trade or draft a qb, or at least not a high draft pick on one. They will have Lance back from injury and Purdy eventually will be back from injury. I did see one rumor that they make a run at Brady.
I don't know that their ownership and GM are going to stand pat with their QB options. Arguably they have the best starting talent at the most positions of any team in the NFL EXCEPT AT QUARTERBACK. AND ALL OF THEIR EXISITNG OPTIONS ARE INJURED. i THINK THAT THEY ARE GOING TO MAKE A BIG PLAY FOR A QUARTERBACK WITH ROGERS AS THEIR TARGET.

Canth

Liked Posts:
I don't know that their ownership and GM are going to stand pat with their QB options. Arguably they have the best starting talent at the most positions of any team in the NFL EXCEPT AT QUARTERBACK. AND ALL OF THEIR EXISITNG OPTIONS ARE INJURED. i THINK THAT THEY ARE GOING TO MAKE A BIG PLAY FOR A QUARTERBACK WITH ROGERS AS THEIR TARGET.

I guess anything is possible; however, if they make a play for a veteran QB then I think it's more likely they target Brady for a run if he decides to play another season.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I guess anything is possible; however, if they make a play for a veteran QB then I think it's more likely they target Brady for a run if he decides to play another season.
I think that Brady is through. He needs to retire and go out as the GOAT. Rodgers is different. He is a lot younger than Brady and needs to win another title or two in order to cement his claim as an all time great. To me, if I were Rodgers, I would go to SF.