Jurko: Brock Purdy is a better QB than Justin Fields v. ESPN1000

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Okay, I'll bite then. Who is the sleeper QB in this upcoming draft? You clearly have an eye for scouting QBs that the NFL scouts don't, so let's see how that goes when you have to prognosticate it rather than "call it" after the fact.

Ok I’ll bite.

I like McKee, Hall, and I’ll probably regret this,

But Duggan.

Hall or Duggan would be great fits to begin as Fields unquestioned back-up yet increase roster upside. I’d like either from round 3 on depending on room temperature. Bill Walsh school of 65% accuracy. Check for both. Can run check for both. Playbook can stay same.

I didn’t see McKee play this year but when I saw him as a freshman he was a guy I bookmarked similar to initial encounter with Purdy.

Purdy had a great o-coordinator in college too and now Shanahaan. I recognize he has had a blessed life but it’s also due to smart coordinators recognizing his tools are useful.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Brock Purdy has played great lately. To what extent that is because of his good team is debatable. It's insane how people are jumping all over somebody for making a fair comparison. People are ready to crucify Jurko for not bowing down to Lord Justin Fields.

Enough with the hero worship. It's out of control.
Purdy would be crap here but may be better than Justin would be in SF's current scheme right now. BFD. Purdy is great for a quick pass distribution, pocket O with a ton of talent and great protection around him. He's a solid cog in a awesome O. Justin was our O.

Seems Ds are down this year but Purdy is the type of player that will look great in system but a fail once he comes up against the right playoff D. Not sure we have that playoff D this year. Mayber Buffalo.

Last edited:

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Brock Purdy has far exceeded my expectations for him when he was named started. Even an average QB on that roster could look good, but he's also made some impressive plays on his own as well, so can't take that away from him.

Comparing him to Justin Fields is straight up intellectual dishonesty tho. It's apples to oranges and someone clearly looking for clicks. 49ers are probably SB favorites with Fields on that roster. Fields potential is infinitely higher than Purdys.

If anything, this further cements the fact that the Bears should build around Fields. Surround your QB with pro bowl talent and good things happen. Who knew?

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Purdy gets plenty of guys in his face . . .

Guarantee Justin eats sacks for both these plays, LOL

I like how neither of your vignettes have Trent Williams at LT, they have 76, who is Jaylon Moore the back up. Which is my point—take a way a multi-time all pro covering his blindside, take away a top 2 TE wide open, and replace him with bears personnel and let’s see how he fares.

I’m also laughing that George Kittle being wide open on a quick slant route is something Fields would eat a sack on. The difference is San Francisco can handle jailhouse blitzes better than the worst OL in the league. And if fields had a multi time all pro TE/receiving target, we’re just going to assume he won’t be looking for said premier target?

Credit to San Francisco and Kyle shanahan. They believe in putting their offense in a position to succeed whereas the bears will drop a shitload of resources into defense.

Take it easy and leave the incompetent, half baked contrarianisms for black shitstain, that’s more his wheelhouse.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
This goober literally said this on the air today

Starting to think that he might be dbldrew

What do you think? Would you take brock turdy over bustin fields?

Their circumstances are entirely different, so the comparison is not exactly fair.

Purdy has been vastly more successful than Fields to be sure, but I imagine JF would do much better in a 49er uniform than a Bear one, at least as far as the two teams are currently constructed. Purdy similarly would almost certainly struggle as a Bear.

So, what do we learn from all this?

Nothing, of course. It's just something to generate clicks and argue over.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Fields has the higher ceiling. Purdy is a better NFL QB right now. How much of this is team based? A lot of it. Purdy would be a scrub here and Fields a monster there. I love the Purdy story and I'm rooting for him. Fields is our guy and I'm excited by that.

Speed

Liked Posts:
Purdy looks like a gamer for sure, and I can't knock what he's doing. Trey Lance might be out of a job in San Francisco.

I don't think it's a knock on Justin to say that as of now Purdy is making quicker, snappier decisions with the ball, and it looks like he's winning from the pocket. He has a much better roster around him, but he's putting his part in to help them as well.

With that said I hate that nuance seems lost on people, but I guess that's par the course for the media. I don't even know why he felt the need to bring Justin up in the conversation. Fields is promising, but very much a work in progress. We know the Bears suck ass, the players need to improve, and we need a massive talent injection on both sides of the ball. Whether Justin fails or not has no bearing on what Purdy and the 49ers are doing. The media should be asking how much the Niners can get for Lance in a trade if Purdy keeps this up.

mecha

Liked Posts:
And he was complete ass cheeks. Anyone not seeing how much Fields has lifted this team, is willfully doing so.
dude he was the entire offense. he had a stretch where he was scoring 4-5 touchdowns a game. people shit on him because about half of that was rushing while the rushing yardage was double than passing. LOL

preemptive go fuck yourself @Black Rainbow you cuck piece of shit

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Okay, I'll bite then. Who is the sleeper QB in this upcoming draft? You clearly have an eye for scouting QBs that the NFL scouts don't, so let's see how that goes when you have to prognosticate it rather than "call it" after the fact.

On a deeper look McKee has a nice arm and reads, but gives too many Mike Glennon vibes.

Hall or Duggan would be great back-ups to develop who can fit a Fields scheme and bring a Dak Prescott like upside.

I think about Hall in the third maybe trade down.
Think about Duggan top of the 4th maybe trade down.

Last edited:

Bust

Liked Posts:
5 of the last 6 games with Purdy starting the 49ers have put up 30++ points in each.

Look at Trey Lance stats, lol. Same O line, same coordinator, same headcoach, etc

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Currently, Purdy is surrounded by the best roster in the NFL with talent oozing at every position group on both sides of the ball. If you stuck Purdy on the 2022 Bears he would have been sacked into oblivion and struggled all year long. The Bears are practically devoid of talent. Currently, it's not a fair comparison.
Best roster, best coaching and one of the top GMs.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I suppose given the current states of the United Center occupants, and the brutally boring offseasons for both MLB teams in towns that both radio stations are having a tough time finding content. I hear Hub was up to his shenanigans yesterday.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts: