Jurko: Brock Purdy is a better QB than Justin Fields v. ESPN1000

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
no shit. Mitch Trubisky and Matt Barkley would look good in that system. 49ers are infinitely stacked on both sides of the ball. and have Robbie Gould as an added bonus. they have the potential to take it all now.
But but.....you need an EliTe QB to win a SB.........

There is no question that JF would perform better in that offense, the question is, would he perform as well as Purdy?
I don't think so, Purdy seems to be infinitely better at making quick decisions. while Justin excels in backyard football.

Last edited:

TL1961

Liked Posts:
This is pretty accurate. As of today he is better than Fields. Higher floor than Fields, but a MUCH lower ceiling.
You haven’t seen a single down of fields playing with talent even 1/3 as good as what Brock Purdy had. This is a ridiculous comparison.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
You haven’t seen a single down of fields playing with talent even 1/3 as good as what Brock Purdy had. This is a ridiculous comparison.
You were 3/3rds a Mitch Trubisky defender...so who takes you seriously?

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Let’s go by 2021 production:

EQ from Rodgers- 9 catches 98 yards 0 TD
Harry from Mac Jones - 12 catches 184 yards 0 TD

Dante Pettis from Daniel Jones 10 catches for 87 yards and 1 TD

Those same receivers with Fields in 2022:

Dante Pettis 19 catches for 245 and 3 TD

Harry 7 catches for 116 and 1 TD

EQ 21 catches for 323 and 1 TD
Don't forget Cole Kmet's production this season.

mecha

Liked Posts:
But but.....you need an EliTe QB to win a SB.........

There is no question that JF would peform better in that offense, the question is, would he perform as well as Purdy?
I don't think so, Purdy seems to be infinatly better at making quick deicisons. while Justin excells in backyard football.
it was my first time seeing him. I was impressed. Jimmy G wouldn't have held it together like he did. he would've... well... played like Dak Prescott.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
The same people saying that anyone can succeed in 49ers system also say Justin Fields should be able to elevate the talent around him. Those same people also probably defend shitnlike taking a cornerback and safety in the first round. Would Justin Fields play as well as Purdy? We’ll never know because Poles has no idea how to build a team.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
If the 49ers had selected Fields, they would be the SB favorites. Shanahan would wear teams out with his versatility. With that offensive line and those weapons, he would attack defenses at all three levels inside and outside the numbers. Imagine the mesh point decision for a defender with Fields and CMC together.

Purdy is doing a nice job, but it’s already obvious he struggles to throw the ball outside the numbers much like Jimmy G. Almost every completion is short or medium range right in front of his face. Lucky for him, he’s had Kittle, Deebo and CMC scooping up those crossers and slants. When you can run the ball down an opponents throat, pass protect, deploy legitimate weapons, have a great scheme and an outstanding play caller, positive things tend to happen.

Fields would be amazing on that team.

Last edited:

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Okay, I'll bite then. Who is the sleeper QB in this upcoming draft? You clearly have an eye for scouting QBs that the NFL scouts don't, so let's see how that goes when you have to prognosticate it rather than "call it" after the fact.
by sleeper, I think you mean a QB not being mentioned in the top 5, I'll go out on a limb and say Hooker, I realized take the above question was not aimed at me, but I thought I'd take a stab at it for shits and giggles

Last edited:

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And he was complete ass cheeks. Anyone not seeing how much Fields has lifted this team, is willfully doing so.
I ran into a guy wearing a Niners hat and a Niners jersey in the grocery store on Saturday (significant because I live in Texas). I casually asked him how he thought the Dallas game would play out. He made a remark about the Cowboys which seemed to suggest he thought I was a Cowboys fan. When I told him I was a Bears fan his eyes lit up: "Man I can't believe we drafted Trey Lance over Justin Fields" I said, well, you guys have Purdy and he seems to be doing okay. He said, "So far. But we could have had Fields."

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not at all. You were one of Mitch's biggest defenders - lying won't change that.
lol damn man, I confess I was a huge defender of Trubisky early on. I still wish him the best. But he's simply not an NFL starting QB.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Where are all the Purdy/Fields comparisons even coming from? Why is that even a thing?

Cabbage King

Liked Posts:
Where are all the Purdy/Fields comparisons even coming from? Why is that even a thing?
It came from Jurko on ESPN 1000. Harmless comparison, but the Fields Defense League gets extremely upset at things like this.