Jurko: Brock Purdy is a better QB than Justin Fields v. ESPN1000

4THQUARTERCLUTCHLER

Liked Posts:
At least we can can all agree 49ers are a better team than bears, better players way better coaching all around better team. Put fields on that team and it would be the same result tho. Unlike bears they know how to build a team. They also have an offense that is able to plug n play their 3rd string qb and still win.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Another quality thread derailed by a Becky backing boob.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
So would Goff, Cousins, Mills, Smith, and any number of mid-teir QB's
We’re talking about totally different animals. None of those guys you mentioned could pressure a defense like Fields in that offense with that group of weapons.

Goff, Cousins and Smith can barely move. Mills just a bit…

Montucky

Liked Posts:
We’re talking about totally different animals. None of those guys you mentioned could pressure a defense like Fields in that offense with that group of weapons.

The Bears were the worst team in the NFL. Their only quality win came in a breadbowl of a chicken noodle mudsoup. Defenses did not feel particularly "pressured" against the Bears no matter how much Fields was running around. Don't delude yourself, the Bears were a true doormat.

I suppose the New England win was good too.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
The Bears were the worst team in the NFL. Their only quality win came in a breadbowl of a chicken noodle mudsoup. Defenses did not feel particularly "pressured" against the Bears no matter how much Fields was running around. Don't delude yourself, the Bears were a true doormat.

The discussion is about Fields as a 49er. Did you eat so many breadsticks at The Olive Garden In Arlington Heights that you’ve lost focus?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

And they all have much better/faster decision making than Fields, and understand the concept of timing routes. You are making assumptions not grounded in fact, just because Fields is a more mobile QB.

Last edited:

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
And they all have much better/faster decision making than Fields, and understand the concept of timing routes. Your making assumptions not grounded in fact, just because Fields is a more mobile QB.
Good lord, the only thing any of those guys would be anticipating behind the Bear line is their imminent decapitation.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

How many games did you watch tho?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

It actually very funny listening to these jerk-offs trying to talk smart football fans that somehow Fields doesn't have 4.5 forty speed. That he isn't 6'3" and a cut 235# And that he doesn't have a very strong throwing arm and can make any throw that is called for.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It actually very funny listening to these jerk-offs trying to talk smart football fans that somehow Fields doesn't have 4.5 forty speed. That he isn't 6'3" and a cut 235# And that he doesn't have a very strong throwing arm and can make any throw that is called for.

I take it this throw was called for?

That my freind is an example of Justin with time to throw the ball.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'd love to see other QBs on this team, do half of what he did. I'm not saying he's some QB god, but he literally was the Bear's entire offense.

Without Fields, the Bears may have averaged 6-9 points a game. That's even with some of the best QBs in the league. This Team's WRs, O Line, and defense is horrid! This kid fucking carried them, for the entire season.
The Bears entire rushing offense...

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

I take it this throw was called for?

That my freind is an example of Justin with time to throw the ball.
This is one of the worst interceptions in the history of the franchise. Aiden sat on this route concept BEFORE the snap. So not only is this a bad read and a throw from Justin Fields, it's a predictable scheme and designed play that they knew what was coming because of how few concepts the Bears run.

Bust

Liked Posts:
"I actually wasn't part of the progression on that play and Brock still found me . . . "

justin? bears? getsy? eberflus? #ohiostate?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is one of the worst interceptions in the history of the franchise. Aiden sat on this route concept BEFORE the snap. So not only is this a bad read and a throw from Justin Fields, it's a predictable scheme and designed play that they knew what was coming because of how few concepts the Bears run.
LOL. Last play of the 1/2 and all the catchers were jogging into traffic with :00 on the clock. To use this as an example of typical play is ludicrous and extremely disingenuous. He had no choice but to throw to a sideline and maybe get into FG range with the WR running OB with .01 sec left. He throws anywhere else and the 1/2 is over anyway.