Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Fields got nagy fired now lol. No way he was on the hot seat entering the season or anything.

Canth

Liked Posts:
Annnnnnd we're back at rushing totals making up the extra volume. I guarantee you aren't digging nearly as deep as you think you are. My favorite is how you're talking about fields being incapable when the offensive genius that ran that offense got fired.

Just a quick add here. The Bears rushed for about 1000 more yards in 2022 than they did in 2021. They had a similar number of total yards, so it basically about 1000 yards shifted from passing to rushing from 2021 to 2022. For anyone that watched the games, it mostly played to their strengths. Their offensive line was clearly better at run blocking than pass blocking. And the X factor was Fields just making stuff happen with his legs on some really crazy scrambles.

I would say though that I would have liked to have seen a lot more passing attempts called on 3rd down than Getsy called. Hopefully, that is something that changes over this next offseason. They really improve the offensive line and feel like they can trust the offense as a whole more to execute passing in those 3rd and short to medium distances than often were called run plays this past year.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Remember when he made a huge deal about 8-9 yard differences with kmet/Monty but with fields 8 yards is "about the same?" Notice how they immediately dropped away from his argument so he could focus on Mooney? I bet he's never heard "statistically insignificant."
I pointed out there was a 39ypg difference with Mooney, 38.5ypg and 20.5ypg difference with Claypool 15 ypg with Kmet and 6 ypg with Monty

The 8 yard difference in fields ypg does not help you, because you tried to explain the low yards away because of the change in the offense to a running offence built around Fields running ability, this doesnt work because the extra 8 ypg is AFTER the change. if he was averaging say 200ypg and it dropped down to 150 due to running then you might have a point, statistically his passing didnt change much so your point that its all because of the running does not work..

I originally figured you are kind of an idiot, but im starting to think you might just be a closet Fields hater and you are purposefully putting forth terrible arguments knowing I will pick them apart all to rip on Fields? if that's the case I tip my hat to you

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Purdy is further along as a passer and QB point guard than Justin Fields but no he is not more talented. I’m not sure anyone is more talented than Fields.

Purdy is more talented than Lance, Wilson, and Mac Jones though and I think he always was. His draft selection was a bigger oversight than the bad body Brady, I guess it was about his height? Maybe people thinking he was a product of the Iowa St. system?

He’s more talented than Aaron Rodgers incumbent 1st round pick.

He’s much more physically stout than Bailey Zappe but I’m not going to delve into arm talent comparisons there.

Fields and Purdy both throw a nice bullet spiral.

Last edited:

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just a quick add here. The Bears rushed for about 1000 more yards in 2022 than they did in 2021. They had a similar number of total yards, so it basically about 1000 yards shifted from passing to rushing from 2021 to 2022. For anyone that watched the games, it mostly played to their strengths. Their offensive line was clearly better at run blocking than pass blocking. And the X factor was Fields just making stuff happen with his legs on some really crazy scrambles.

I would say though that I would have liked to have seen a lot more passing attempts called on 3rd down than Getsy called. Hopefully, that is something that changes over this next offseason. They really improve the offensive line and feel like they can trust the offense as a whole more to execute passing in those 3rd and short to medium distances than often were called run plays this past year.
I agree with your assessment. It also seemed to me that they had made good progress in the middle 3rd of their games but for whatever reason they pretty much gave up on the offense for the last 6 games or so. They never passed on first down except those ridiculous wide receiver screen passes which never worked and were left with 3rd and long on virtually ever set of downs. They also kept him in the pocket all of the time despite having a terrible offensive line to pass protect with. I never understood the play calling of Getzey the entire second half of the year.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I agree with your assessment. It also seemed to me that they had made good progress in the middle 3rd of their games but for whatever reason they pretty much gave up on the offense for the last 6 games or so. They never passed on first down except those ridiculous wide receiver screen passes which never worked and were left with 3rd and long on virtually ever set of downs. They also kept him in the pocket all of the time despite having a terrible offensive line to pass protect with. I never understood the play calling of Getzey the entire second half of the year.
Getzey?

Beardown34

Liked Posts:
They were tanking, second halves looked completely different than the first halves.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They were tanking, second halves looked completely different than the first halves.
IF they were tanking, it was the dumbest of all ways to do it. They risked getting their quarterback ruined with their play selection which is why I am scared about the coaching ability of Getzy.

Beardown34

Liked Posts:
IF they were tanking, it was the dumbest of all ways to do it. They risked getting their quarterback ruined with their play selection which is why I am scared about the coaching ability of Getzy.
if they were trying to win, Fields probably would have been put in worse positions.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I pointed out there was a 39ypg difference with Mooney, 38.5ypg and 20.5ypg difference with Claypool 15 ypg with Kmet and 6 ypg with Monty

The 8 yard difference in fields ypg does not help you, because you tried to explain the low yards away because of the change in the offense to a running offence built around Fields running ability, this doesnt work because the extra 8 ypg is AFTER the change. if he was averaging say 200ypg and it dropped down to 150 due to running then you might have a point, statistically his passing didnt change much so your point that its all because of the running does not work..

I originally figured you are kind of an idiot, but im starting to think you might just be a closet Fields hater and you are purposefully putting forth terrible arguments knowing I will pick them apart all to rip on Fields? if that's the case I tip my hat to you
FFS. You don't even realize how you're disproving your own original point do you? If the rushing numbers went up, and the passing numbers went up, while his main options went down, that must mean that not only was he taking it into his own hands with the rushing, he was also getting more of his teammates involved.

Never mind the fact that Mooney was now facing team's #1 DBs and coverages to take him away, Claypool changed teams midseason, and Monty was splitting time with Herbert. Not to mention that, aside from Mooney, the numbers are statistically insignificant, or "about the same" as you originally stated when trying to knock Fields. All while his total passing volume decreased from the year prior. Congrats, you've now completely proven that Fields is improving. Glad that's settled.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

Your key phrase is "for anyone that watched the games." Most of us have seen where Fields needs to improve. We also see where the Bears need to improve around him. Others like @dbldrew on the other hand...

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
This goober literally said this on the air today

Starting to think that he might be dbldrew

What do you think? Would you take brock turdy over bustin fields?
Ive been wondering when some clown would say this dumb shit. Not you the goober.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
FFS. You don't even realize how you're disproving your own original point do you? If the rushing numbers went up, and the passing numbers went up, while his main options went down, that must mean that not only was he taking it into his own hands with the rushing, he was also getting more of his teammates involved.

Never mind the fact that Mooney was now facing team's #1 DBs and coverages to take him away, Claypool changed teams midseason, and Monty was splitting time with Herbert. Not to mention that, aside from Mooney, the numbers are statistically insignificant, or "about the same" as you originally stated when trying to knock Fields. All while his total passing volume decreased from the year prior. Congrats, you've now completely proven that Fields is improving. Glad that's settled.
It went up a miniscule amount, meaning that it didn't drop, you said it dropped because of the new system built around Fields running ability, that didn't happen.. you are wrong . he would of had to be throwing for 200+ yards and then a drop in passing yards because of the new system for your point to be correct.

Claypool also had an entire season with Big Ben, he then had 1/2 a season with a worse QB and his stats suffered with playing with Mitch Trubisky.. then he played with an even worse QB then Trubisky and his stats suffered even more when he played with Fields..

The numbers with Montgomery are insignificant, the only reason I included them was because of the OL excuse.. wonder if you can connect the dots on that one?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
It went up a miniscule amount, meaning that it didn't drop, you said it dropped because of the new system built around Fields running ability, that didn't happen.. you are wrong . he would of had to be throwing for 200+ yards and then a drop in passing yards because of the new system for your point to be correct.

Claypool also had an entire season with Big Ben, he then had 1/2 a season with a worse QB and his stats suffered with playing with Mitch Trubisky.. then he played with an even worse QB then Trubisky and his stats suffered even more when he played with Fields..

The numbers with Montgomery are insignificant, the only reason I included them was because of the OL excuse.. wonder if you can connect the dots on that one?
Derp, I said volume dropped. From last year. Which it clearly did. This is why I don't entertain idiots.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Derp, I said volume dropped. From last year. Which it clearly did. This is why I don't entertain idiots.
Yeah his volume dropped a TON.. I mean last year he had 13.25 completions per game.. this year he has 12.8 completions per game.. Thats a .45 completions per game difference! Now that needs to be spread across all his weapons and you think having a fraction of an extra completion per game is going to argue away a 40 yard per game difference? I mean even if you round it up and give everyone an extra completion per game is still doesnt come close to working.

Come on now, time to come clean, are you secretly doing this to just rip on Fields?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yeah his volume dropped a TON.. I mean last year he had 13.25 completions per game.. this year he has 12.8 completions per game.. Thats a .45 completions per game difference! Now that needs to be spread across all his weapons and you think having a fraction of an extra completion per game is going to argue away a 40 yard per game difference? I mean even if you round it up and give everyone an extra completion per game is still doesnt come close to working.

Come on now, time to come clean, are you secretly doing this to just rip on Fields?
still self-vortexing I see

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I am running circles around @ijustposthere so you might be on to something with calling it a vortex. But I dont think its fair to Remy to steal his phrase, come up with something better..
You're running around in circles for sure #vortexingyourself