CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Yes Fields is incapable, if he was capable then they never would of needed to change the offense to have him do it all with his legs to make up for him being incapable with his arm..

And pointing out the guy that got fired is just another blow to how bad fields actually is.. if a terrible OC and run of the mill QB could get much better production out of the weapons then that just shows how bad fields actually is when he can't.. it's like you didn't even put any thought into this point.. or are you secretly trying to rip Fields?
Is the team better off under Flus, or would you have preferred Nagy stay? I’m truly amazed by this.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Just a quick add here. The Bears rushed for about 1000 more yards in 2022 than they did in 2021. They had a similar number of total yards, so it basically about 1000 yards shifted from passing to rushing from 2021 to 2022. For anyone that watched the games, it mostly played to their strengths. Their offensive line was clearly better at run blocking than pass blocking. And the X factor was Fields just making stuff happen with his legs on some really crazy scrambles.

I would say though that I would have liked to have seen a lot more passing attempts called on 3rd down than Getsy called. Hopefully, that is something that changes over this next offseason. They really improve the offensive line and feel like they can trust the offense as a whole more to execute passing in those 3rd and short to medium distances than often were called run plays this past year.
Remember when people complained that Nagy never ran enough? Now apparently it’s an issue. I hate this fan base.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Your key phrase is "for anyone that watched the games." Most of us have seen where Fields needs to improve. We also see where the Bears need to improve around him. Others like @dbldrew on the other hand...
This is the thing that kills me. Even the biggest Fields supporters acknowledge that he needs work. There isn’t a person alive who thinks he’s a finished product.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
It’s worth noting that Fields has outplayed Purdy by a mile against similar opponents this year with weapons nowhere near as good as Samuel, Kittle, etc, or an offensive line that would even have 1 starter on SF.

Fields vs MIA 301 total yards 4 TD 107 passer rating

Purdy vs MIA 209 total yards 2 TD 1 INT 89 passer rating

Fields vs DAL 211 total yards 3 TD 120 passer rating
Purdy vs DAL 222 total yards 87 passer rating.

Fields vs WAS 278 total yards 1 TD 1 INT 72 passer rating

Purdy vs WAS 240 total yards 2 TD 1 INT 114.6

Total

Fields 790 yards 8 TD 1 INT
Purdy 671 yards 4TD 2 INT

Purdy has another similar opponent on Sunday with the Eagles. Let’s see if he can do better than 247 yards, 2 TD and a 120 passer rating.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This goober literally said this on the air today

Starting to think that he might be dbldrew

What do you think? Would you take brock turdy over bustin fields?
NO, but I wouldn't downgrade what Purdy has accomplished

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
No the original point was always yards per game because thats the only way you can get the yards based on each QB..

remember this quote of mine?

Do you not understand what YPG is? (its yards per game)

The only time I said total yards was because another poster questioned how things are rated, The NFL rates production on the total yards for the year, its broken down into passing yards or receiving yards or rushing yards, thats how its done.

Its really not complicated I'm not sure why you are having so much trouble

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
It’s sad to see a different team see a QB who’s a natural leader with a unique skill set that may be somewhat limited in the passing game and then hires a head coach who builds an entire system around that unique skill set full of talent to run that system. That team is likely going to go to the Super Bowl and their QB is a huge reason why.

Fields was a better passing prospect than Hurts in college too. Get a coach with some creativity to use his talent and draft a damn receiver instead of safety.

Last edited:

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Is the team better off under Flus, or would you have preferred Nagy stay? I’m truly amazed by this.
amazed by what? I'm taking the QBs ability or lack of ability in the case of Fields, did you mean to post in a Nagy vs Flus thread and wandered in here by mistake?

Or is this just another "its everybody elses fault" attempt with blaming the HC?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Remy in here? I have him on ignore so no idea what he is posting..
Imagine putting someone on message board ignore out of fear and then still looking over your shoulder.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It’s sad to see a different team see a QB who’s a natural leader with a unique skill set that may be somewhat limited in the passing game and then hires a head coach who builds an entire system around that unique skill set full of talent to run that system. That team is likely going to go to the Super Bowl and their QB is a huge reason why.

Fields was a better passing prospect than Hurts in college too. Get a coach with some creativity to use his talent and draft a damn receiver instead of safety.
far better. Can't say enough about the great job Hurts and the staff have done to raise his game, by scheme, associated players and Hurts' own development. He's playing smart and throwing the ball significantly better than when he entered the league. His year 3 improvement is outstanding. Similar to Josh Allen in terms of levelling up. It's why you couldn't dismiss Mitch until a few games into year 3 when it became easy to.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
amazed by what? I'm taking the QBs ability or lack of ability in the case of Fields, did you mean to post in a Nagy vs Flus thread and wandered in here by mistake?

Or is this just another "its everybody elses fault" attempt with blaming the HC?
In the post I quoted, you implied that Fields was (at least partly) responsible for Nagy being fired. It's well within reason that you could be asked a follow up question in regards to something you said.

You opened up that clamshell my friend.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
In the post I quoted, you implied that Fields was (at least partly) responsible for Nagy being fired. It's well within reason that you could be asked a follow up question in regards to something you said.

You opened up that clamshell my friend.
I didnt bring up Nagy, I replied to a comment from someone else bringing up nagy all I said was Fields weapons perform better playing with other QBs and posted stats to back that up, @ijustposthere has been going crazy trying to argue that away (and doing a very poor job of it) one of his comments was about Nagy getting fired, I just pointed out that is a bad argument in defense of Fields, and doesnt work to wave away my original point, also I never said that Fields got Nagy Fired.

But I'm glad Nagy is gone and it's to early too tell on Flus.. To be fair to Flus its hard to evaluate anything when your QB is passing like its 1950..

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Imagine putting someone on message board ignore out of fear and then still looking over your shoulder.
I'm not afraid of Remy I just have no patience for people that have to resort to calling people racists just to win a debate so thats why he is on ignore

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm not afraid of Remy I just have no patience for people that have to resort to calling people racists just to win a debate so thats why he is on ignore
Truth hurts? Just kidding. How could it when you're likely aren't even aware of your bias.

Last edited:

Bust

Liked Posts:
I didnt bring up Nagy, I replied to a comment from someone else bringing up nagy all I said was Fields weapons perform better playing with other QBs and posted stats to back that up, @ijustposthere has been going crazy trying to argue that away (and doing a very poor job of it) one of his comments was about Nagy getting fired, I just pointed out that is a bad argument in defense of Fields, and doesnt work to wave away my original point, also I never said that Fields got Nagy Fired.

But I'm glad Nagy is gone and it's to early too tell on Flus.. To be fair to Flus its hard to evaluate anything when your QB is passing like its 1950..

Nagy was in a lose lose situation. His job was to make it work with the #2 overall.

Fast forward to the Steelers. A hall of fame lock headcoach didn't hesitate to perma bench Mitch not even halfway thru his first season with the Steelers sort of says all, lol. Nagy is owed an apology by this board. who will be the fist to step up? hmmmm

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Truth hurts?
Me saying that Fields sucks as a passer right now because he is not throwing with anticipation or throwing guys open or really understanding what open is in the NFL, so I want the bears to surround him with proven weapons next year to see if some vets at the WR position can help him figure it out.

We can have the pic of any new QB this coming draft and I'm calling to trade out of it and give Fields one more shot = I must be racist because I called a bad QB bad.. its idiotic

Is that the position you're taking Bearly?

Bust

Liked Posts:
OUch!

It only took 3 ½ games for Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin to decide he’d seen enough of Mitch Trubisky.

meanwhile Nagy was pretty much FORCED to give Mitch, 51 starts cause it was a mandate by his boss, Ryan Pace (make him look good) to make it work.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
meanwhile Nagy was pretty much FORCED to give Mitch, 51 starts cause it was a mandate by his boss, Ryan Pace (make him look good) to make it work.

What? Is that why they overpaid (for) Foles and nixed the option for Mitch. Nagy hand picked Foles and Pace let Mitch go instead of exercising his option, then drafted his replacement. It was a shit show for sure but there's nothing to indicate any mandates. Do you think it was Pace's failed intent to sit Fields for a year?