Just did a Fanspeak mock draft for Bears that got us Delpit(#43)&Reagor(#50)!

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mock drafts are one of the most useless exercises in the off-season. But, covid.
So keep em coming I guess.

I believe Bears will go bpa. They could sign one more decent FA when the announce restructuring deals. Decent players will get cut and Bears can still get a decent enough player at an area of need.

if a 1st round talent at CB falls to the Bears, I could still see them drafting one.

not to say they would do that at any position, but especially at CB, S, OL, WR

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Just did one and I got the following.

2nd Shenault - Surprisingly he fell because Mims and Reagor went before him. Tee Higgins but went with Shenault as built in the Deebo Samuel mold ie a better version of why Nagy likes Patterson.

2nd Niang - Quite nicely fell into lap and took him over Jonah Jackson.

5 Onwenu - Massive Guard prospect that at 350 would add some nastiness to the OL.

6 Cleveland - 6-3 WR with 4.4 speed, he was BPA on the board so had to take him. He and Shenault would add a lot of speed to offense.

6 Muse - At 6-2 and 230 pounds Muse can play S in base and be the 5th LB in the box allowing Jackson to room. He can also drop down and play Nickel LB in pass defenses allowing a guy like Bush to man the S spot on obvious passing downs. Can't beat his versatility in 6th round.

7 Barry - Violent ILB prospect that needs a bit of refinement to control his aggression.

7 Green - Long and lean CB prospect. More development in nature.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

2nd Shenault - Surprisingly he fell because Mims and Reagor went before him. Tee Higgins but went with Shenault as built in the Deebo Samuel mold ie a better version of why Nagy likes Patterson.

5 Onwenu - Massive Guard prospect that at 350 would add some nastiness to the OL.

6 Cleveland - 6-3 WR with 4.4 speed, he was BPA on the board so had to take him. He and Shenault would add a lot of speed to offense.

6 Muse - At 6-2 and 230 pounds Muse can play S in base and be the 5th LB in the box allowing Jackson to room. He can also drop down and play Nickel LB in pass defenses allowing a guy like Bush to man the S spot on obvious passing downs. Can't beat his versatility in 6th round.

7 Barry - Violent ILB prospect that needs a bit of refinement to control his aggression.

We're bored so why not but these always work out better for informed drafters. So many patsies or #s generators picking.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
it goes deeper than drafting a guard in the second.

the changes needed are going to have to come within at this point

You need to add more talent. There is not enough internal talent.

Although Massie and Leno need to get their heads out of their asses.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Can’t do Shenault. Love the idea of him, but no dreadlocked always injured WRs.

Same reason I can’t draft adam Trautman. No more small school TEs from Ohio james Adam.

Not that it will come up, but I am also off of QBs with almost no college starts from basketball schools.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Delpit is basically HHCD. He's valuable because he can play single high well. Not a a great fit next to Jackson.

Applefan

Liked Posts:

We have developmental cb's on the roster already. Shelley, Joseph, Denmark and Xavier Something. I would have added another rb in rd.7. Very little depth there.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Winfield could come in and play SS from day 1

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
With no trades I landed Tee Higgins at 43, Antoine Winfield Jr at 50, Jack Driscoll at 163, Tyrie Cleveland at 196, and Nevelle Clarke at 200. How’d I do?

mecha

Liked Posts:
this is what I think of when I read about mock drafts. you're roughly doing the same exact thing. you're locked in your homes, find something useful to do with your time.

1989-sears-wishbook.png

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fuller
Toliver
Roberson
Burns
Skrine
Shelley

Who gets cut for a new draft pick? Burns and Roberson are making a million mostly guaranteed, so good chance they are safe?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
You need to add more talent. There is not enough internal talent.

Although Massie and Leno need to get their heads out of their asses.

I don't see a route this year to make a big difference. I agree they need more talent, but drafting in the second would probably not make the biggest difference on the team this year.

Do you really see the Bears drafting a guy on the oline to possibly sit a year or would they draft a WR who could see playing time?

It really depends on who is available and what their talent level is.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't see a route this year to make a big difference. I agree they need more talent, but drafting in the second would probably not make the biggest difference on the team this year.

Do you really see the Bears drafting a guy on the oline to possibly sit a year or would they draft a WR who could see playing time?

It really depends on who is available and what their talent level is.

Why would a RG sit for a year? Because we signed a failed 1st round pick who is switching positions.

I also think Bobbie Massie could be beaten out and upgraded by a rookie. He was bad last season and then was injured.

You are going to get more of an immediate impact from a rookie Olmen than a WR who needs go learn a complex system with no offseason.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would draft a RT/RG in the 2nd round or with a trade down

Ifedi v Massie v Rookie

Best 2 guys play.

Then all I have to worry about is Leno playing better.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
2 - Prince OT
2 - Kmet TE
5 - Morgan QB
6 - Reed WR
6 - Kraemer G
7 - Robinson CB
7 - Guidry WR

4th rd comp pick is not in there so i'd take a Safety or OL

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why would a RG sit for a year? Because we signed a failed 1st round pick who is switching positions.

I also think Bobbie Massie could be beaten out and upgraded by a rookie. He was bad last season and then was injured.

You are going to get more of an immediate impact from a rookie Olmen than a WR who needs go learn a complex system with no offseason.

Bears had their second rounder sit for a while before starting.....I am not opposed to drafting a guard in the second. I don't think it makes a whole lot of difference, if at all, on offense this year.