Just finished my man cave, aka bears den.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Very cool. You will have to post a pic of the completed version with furniture. :)

cbo0485

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Very cool. You will have to post a pic of the completed version with furniture. :)

Right now it's got 3 black recliners. Going to get one more, and a love seat giving me 3 rows. Going to build a platform for row 2 and 3. But that's next years project :-D

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Well done, my friend! We just bought a house last november w/ a full, partially finished basement. The long-term project is to finish the basement and make it a media room. I only hope to approach your level of awesomeness.

StrongerThanAll

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nice quality work.... even if it green and gold I give you the same comment. *Looks around at his framed basement that has remained the same for 2 years*. *sighs* I'll work on it tomorrow.

Stapler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nice quality work.... even if it green and gold I give you the same comment.

Green and "gold"...? LOL.

You mean piss stain yellow on puke. I can't think of a worse color scheme to use anywhere...it would be unbearable. :bearbang:

malcore

Green and "gold"...? LOL.

You mean piss stain yellow on puke. I can't think of a worse color scheme to use anywhere...it would be unbearable. :bearbang:

Agree it's a poor choice for a uniform, or clothing in general. The Edmonton Eskimos (lived in Edmonton for almost a decade) have the same colours. The fall there, or football season, is predominantly green and gold, and quite stunning under the "big sky". I hate the Eskimos but loved the city.

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
Very nice! I love the wood work and as someone said it is themed without being cheesy. I am very jealous of the AT screen as i had to mount my center channel above the screen and the LR speakers are wide to the sides. The front sound stage is so much better when it is coming through the screen. Well done!

We went with a Bears game room and seperate small theater space. Ill add pics later of mine.

Those of you that are skeptical of projectors are missing out. The image quality of modern projecters is stunning and a completly blacked room isnt a requiremnt as long as you can control the light to the room. 110" Bears viewing in 1080p ... Nothing wrong with that!

Stapler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not to put too fine a point on this, but the packers don't use gold...they use yellow.

Once upon a time the Rams played in blue and yellow; they changed to blue and gold when they moved to St Louis.

Mitchapalooza

This is amazing. Great job man. Did you build this all yourself?

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Painting your basement those colors reduced the value of your house. You could have created a man space and done it tastefully so that it helps the resale value of the house.

cbo0485

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is amazing. Great job man. Did you build this all yourself?

Got lucky and the basement was finished when we bought the house. I did the painting, put together the frame for the screen, installed all the speakers, the projector, etc...

cbo0485

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I doubt he is planning on selling it anytime soon if he just spent all that money to make that den.

Omelet always the downer. Yes, we bought the house last year. So selling the place isn't even on my mind. If and when we decide to sell, it'll be a rough day that I have to repaint the basement neutral colors :(

cbo0485

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Very nice! I love the wood work and as someone said it is themed without being cheesy. I am very jealous of the AT screen as i had to mount my center channel above the screen and the LR speakers are wide to the sides. The front sound stage is so much better when it is coming through the screen. Well done!

We went with a Bears game room and seperate small theater space. Ill add pics later of mine.

Those of you that are skeptical of projectors are missing out. The image quality of modern projecters is stunning and a completly blacked room isnt a requiremnt as long as you can control the light to the room. 110" Bears viewing in 1080p ... Nothing wrong with that!

Yeah the AT screen really does make all the difference in the world. Went to quite a few home theater showcase rooms before I finalized everything, and the best by far was the one with the AT screen. Just something about having the sound come from the screen, rather than just above and/or below and to the right and left. It definitely gives it that movie theater effect and the sound is just so accurate.

Mitchapalooza

Omelet always the downer. Yes, we bought the house last year. So selling the place isn't even on my mind. If and when we decide to sell, it'll be a rough day that I have to repaint the basement neutral colors :(

screw that, sell it to a bears fan. ;)

Culpfiction

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Painting your basement those colors reduced the value of your house. You could have created a man space and done it tastefully so that it helps the resale value of the house.

A bowl of fucking sunshine you are.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Personally wouldn't have gone with the projector and I don't see any beer taps. Other than that, good work sir!

You could have left your own personal feelings to yourself on this one. The guy is so excited about his new room, let him enjoy it 100%. THat being said, if the projector adn the room are setup just right, you're not going to beat the projector.